May have been already said but....

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

May have been already said but....

Postby Simon N » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:37 am

Why is this place still using standard subsilver theme?

I would of thought a personally tailored look would have been created by now. :wink:

Also you can add a mod called "watched topic list" that allows people to see what topics they are subscribed to and cancel that subscription if needs be.

Seems like this place is popular enough to warrant some time spent on it to make it more personal though.
Simon N

Postby Rafajafar » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:42 pm

You can change the look....*points to your profile*.

Dustygreen is our custom look. Lots of people prefer it, but I, personally, like subsilver on all my forums. It's easy to read, comfortable, and most important, functionally obvious. Lots! Lots! Lots of people here use Dustygreen, though, and if you would like you could make that your profile default.

Good question, thanks!
"Hell is other people." -JPS

People whose posts I block:

• Flannel Jesus

If these people are participating in a conversation, I cannot read what they say. This may cause disruption in flow, but unfortunately their poor behavior requires it.
Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby Simon N » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:32 pm

Ahhhhh now I feel silly for not looking :oops:

Must admit I do like Gils dusty green theme and what you have done with it.

Far better looking than plain old subsilver. IMHO. Although browsers without java enabled may struggle a little....but then thats their fault for being old fashioned. lol.

Nice site by the way...not sure i will be a regular here due to time restrictions. Do stop by and check out another great forum http://www.thelifeforum.com

Still in its infancy but steadily growing.

end spam message....lol...never meant to be an advert but seems it turned into one
Simon N

Postby Rafajafar » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:02 pm

Yeah, I've seen your forum before. I rather like playing with your banner!
"Hell is other people." -JPS

People whose posts I block:

• Flannel Jesus

If these people are participating in a conversation, I cannot read what they say. This may cause disruption in flow, but unfortunately their poor behavior requires it.
Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby BMW-Guy » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:13 pm

my new phpbb board that I've been building is going to have so many cool skins...... :D
Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is
to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
(Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby Simon N » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:27 am

Rafajafar wrote:Yeah, I've seen your forum before. I rather like playing with your banner!

It is not MY forum it belongs to Kristian, I just created the the look......and the banner. Not bad for 9.7k file eh!
Simon N

Return to Meta