Printing an argument

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Printing an argument

Postby INoNothing » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:59 am

Is there a simple way to print some of these arguments with out waisting pages and pages of nothingness. I mean can i get text only, minus the blue back ground etc etc

Thanks
INoNothing

Postby INoNothing » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:22 am

Maybe a Printer friendly version!??!???!??!
INoNothing

Postby ben » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:17 pm

INoNothing,

There is not feature within the board software which allows you to get a print friendly version of the threads. I'm sure it's possible to write some sort of script which parses an entire page and outputs a printer friendly version. Feel free to have a go at that.

You could always copy/paste the thread into word and print it like that. Alternatively you can print the threads landscape so that they fit on the page, that's what i do.

Hope this helps

- ben
ben
Janitor

Postby Pax Vitae » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:52 am

I know what you mean INoNothing, I’ve been thinking the same thing. But I've been too busy to get around to it. I have an Uncle who is big into Philosophy who I chat with a lot, though he's not yet comfortable using the Internet I would like to print off some of the topics on this board so he could have a read and we could have some interesting discussion about it.

After I finished getting the Philosophy Book section code together I'll give this a serious look. It might be a case of using a different theme when viewing the topics to the currently default or the Dusty Green one.
Pax Vitae
(Jonathan Wilson)

Postby Rafajafar » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:01 pm

"Hell is other people." -JPS

People whose posts I block:

• Flannel Jesus

If these people are participating in a conversation, I cannot read what they say. This may cause disruption in flow, but unfortunately their poor behavior requires it.
Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby Pax Vitae » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:04 pm

Thanks Rafajafar I downloaded that this morning. I hope to have it in soon, all depend on how busy my weekend is.,
Pax Vitae
(Jonathan Wilson)

Postby Nanook » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:08 am

Ben,

I see that you are here now and would like to ask you a question. Is it possible for you to delete my "portable de'trop" in the essays thread if and when I add or edit and repost under the name "Nanook?"

Eventually I will do this, and I would need you to delete it as I can't touch it being "Nanook."

Cool?

I'll let you know when the time comes.

Thanks.
"And they always have a little revolver that they're going to shoot the monster with...
And there's always a girl who falls and twists her ankle"- Zappa
Nanook

Re: Printing an argument

Postby BMW-Guy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:01 pm

INoNothing wrote:Is there a simple way to print some of these arguments with out waisting pages and pages of nothingness. I mean can i get text only, minus the blue back ground etc etc

Thanks

Simply "highlight" the text you want to print, click on FILE, click on PRINT, and you should be able to click the "Print selection" option-button somewhere in the "Print" dialogue-box. Then click OK like you normaly would do, and it should just print the text you highlighted.

Sorry if this was confussing(sp?).;)
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby INoNothing » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:49 pm

Thats to much work BMW, i want to just click print and for it to print!!! not highlight, jesus christ!!!!

:wink:
INoNothing

Postby BMW-Guy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:11 pm

INoNothing wrote:Thats to much work BMW, i want to just click print and for it to print!!! not highlight, jesus christ!!!!

:wink:

sheesh! how lazy can be? :-? :wink:
Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is
to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
(Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Return to Meta