I can’t get the bloody thing to work… grr! What am I doing wrong? I’ve reduced the size etc, but it won’t load. Suggestions, please?

I have the same problem. I just get a lot of error code on top in my window after trying to submit a picture. And i know file size and proportions are correct…

I have the same problem. More specifically, I get these errors:

[code]Warning: copy(./images/avatars/1133207542406d7e5f641a1.png): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 477[/code]

It seems the permissions on the server aren’t configured correctly.

Anyway, in the meantime you can just link to an off-site avatar like I did. It’s pretty easy these days to get some free webspace to put your avatars on.

Mine was working fine. Then I decided to change it today, and now it doesn’t work. Even though it meets the criteria.

Must be a site problem as it was working previously.

Hi all,

Sorry for taking so long to look at this. Avatars have always worked in the past and it seems something changed recently in the configuration. I’ve had a look round and changed a few things, can you try to upload your avatars again? It should work now.

Cheers

• ben

testing…

sadly I can’t find an Avatar anymore. I’m faceless.

I’d recognize you anywhere, Smooth…

is it my big ass?

Your fine fit army arse don’t you mean :wink:

Two things.

First, does anyone know why I can’t keep a picture posted in my signature? It worked to start with, then suddenly dissappeared.

Second. Kesh, you know I have actually had a confrontation with Richard Simmons before. No shit. I was in a mall one time with a friend and we saw Simmons there hosting a fitness convention. Me, always being the clown, did an exaggerated impression of Richard(jumping up and down…"let’s go ladies, and a one and a two, etc.) to get a laugh from my friend. Well, it just happened that Richard saw me through the crowd doing my imitation and felt extremely offended. Suddenly, Richard shouts, “security, those two boys over there just stole some sun glasses off that rack!,” and pointed right at us.

Time stopped. There was silence.

The entire crowd turned around and looked directly at me and my friend. A security guard approached us in response to Richard. Obviously we didn’t steal any glasses, but Richard knew that to begin with. His just wanted to get me back, and embarrassed us quite well.

Very clever, Richard. Very clever.

Hey, I got it! Nevermind. Thanks anyway.

:laughing:

Richard Simmons.

:laughing:

“lets go girls, and one and two… keep it going girls will get there… and one and tow.”

With the actions and all.

Oh… not one of those. Its like shouting and everyone going quiet, or walking in the pub on American werewolf in London.

I’m sorry, but I cannot help but find your avatar offensive. :wink:

Change it to a cool emoticon like these:

:frowning: I dont think I know how to post one…hince the X of failure by my name.

Any help?