A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Postby Karolina » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:05 am

I can't get the bloody thing to work... grr! What am I doing wrong? I've reduced the size etc, but it won't load. Suggestions, please?
Karolina

Postby What gives? » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:56 pm

I have the same problem. I just get a lot of error code on top in my window after trying to submit a picture. And i know file size and proportions are correct...
What gives?

Postby cuboidz » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:58 pm

What gives? wrote:I have the same problem. I just get a lot of error code on top in my window after trying to submit a picture. And i know file size and proportions are correct...

I have the same problem. More specifically, I get these errors:

Code: Select all
Warning: copy(./images/avatars/1133207542406d7e5f641a1.png): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:227) in /home/ilovep/www/phpbb/includes/page_header.php on line 477

It seems the permissions on the server aren't configured correctly.

Anyway, in the meantime you can just link to an off-site avatar like I did. It's pretty easy these days to get some free webspace to put your avatars on.
Don't worry I got an idea. An idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about...

-- Peter Griffin --
cuboidz

Postby Crusader » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:30 am

Mine was working fine. Then I decided to change it today, and now it doesn't work. Even though it meets the criteria.

Must be a site problem as it was working previously.
**I used to be indecisive: now I'm not so sure**
Crusader

Postby ben » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:55 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for taking so long to look at this. Avatars have always worked in the past and it seems something changed recently in the configuration. I've had a look round and changed a few things, can you try to upload your avatars again? It should work now.

Cheers

- ben
ben
Janitor

Postby Sheâ„¢ » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:51 am

testing...
Sheâ„¢
Philosopher

Postby Smooth » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:24 am

sadly I can't find an Avatar anymore. I'm faceless.
Smooth
Philosopher

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:39 am

I'd recognize you anywhere, Smooth...
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Smooth » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am

is it my big ass?
Smooth
Philosopher

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:10 pm

Your fine fit army arse don't you mean ;)
Matt
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." -John Lawton
Matt
Thinker

Postby kesh » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:45 pm

kesh
BANNED

Postby Nanook » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:37 am

Two things.

First, does anyone know why I can't keep a picture posted in my signature? It worked to start with, then suddenly dissappeared.

Second. Kesh, you know I have actually had a confrontation with Richard Simmons before. No shit. I was in a mall one time with a friend and we saw Simmons there hosting a fitness convention. Me, always being the clown, did an exaggerated impression of Richard(jumping up and down..."let's go ladies, and a one and a two, etc.) to get a laugh from my friend. Well, it just happened that Richard saw me through the crowd doing my imitation and felt extremely offended. Suddenly, Richard shouts, "security, those two boys over there just stole some sun glasses off that rack!," and pointed right at us.

Time stopped. There was silence.

The entire crowd turned around and looked directly at me and my friend. A security guard approached us in response to Richard. Obviously we didn't steal any glasses, but Richard knew that to begin with. His just wanted to get me back, and embarrassed us quite well.

Very clever, Richard. Very clever.
"And they always have a little revolver that they're going to shoot the monster with...
And there's always a girl who falls and twists her ankle"- Zappa
Nanook

Postby Nanook » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:52 am

First, does anyone know why I can't keep a picture posted in my signature? It worked to start with, then suddenly dissappeared.

Hey, I got it! Nevermind. Thanks anyway.
"And they always have a little revolver that they're going to shoot the monster with...
And there's always a girl who falls and twists her ankle"- Zappa
Nanook

Postby kesh » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:42 am

:lol:

Richard Simmons.

"lets go girls, and one and two.. keep it going girls will get there.. and one and tow."

With the actions and all.

Oh... not one of those. Its like shouting and everyone going quiet, or walking in the pub on American werewolf in London.
kesh
BANNED

Postby BMW-Guy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:01 pm

kesh wrote::lol:

Richard Simmons.

"lets go girls, and one and two.. keep it going girls will get there.. and one and tow."

With the actions and all.

Oh... not one of those. Its like shouting and everyone going quiet, or walking in the pub on American werewolf in London.

I'm sorry, but I cannot help but find your avatar offensive. :wink:

Change it to a cool emoticon like these:
Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts. Philosophy is not a body of
doctrine but an activity. A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
Philosophy does not result in 'philosophical propositions', but rather in the clarification of
propositions. Without philosophy thoughts are, as it were, cloudy and indistinct: its task is
to make them clear and to give them sharp boundaries.
(Tractatus Logico Philosophicus; Wittgenstein)
BMW-Guy
Christian Platonist

Postby INoNothing » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:43 am

:( I dont think I know how to post one....hince the X of failure by my name.

Any help?
INoNothing

Return to Meta