I really, really Love Philosophy

Sorry, just noticed that it was in this forum he posted, Kjeevah, “Look in the top left corner of your screen”.

You’re right Matt, which is why we cannot use the version of the logo on the forums pages and will use the one which is on the main page which was designed by Pax.

thanks for the reminder!

• ben

Hey Smooth,

If you are interested in designing stuff for Ilovephilosophy.com i suggest you get in contact with Pax Vitae who is looking into it at the moment. Perhaps you can collaborate on some work or bounce ideas off each other?

Also, what do people think about choosing some good quotations from posts that have been made here? Like real corkers which were so profound they could have been said by one of the greats?

cheers

• ben

I like that idea at the end Ben. Magius’ melodramatic ‘I’d rather live with the pain of knowing the truth than with the pain of knowing the lies’ or my pretentious and rather ‘French’ ‘Time moves, therefore we should too’ both come to mind!

You should all look at philosophyfootball.com which has been a fairly successful philosophy t-shirt company. They’ve run big events as well in London featuring great contemporary philosophy stalwarts such as Keith Allen. I’d definitely be interested in offering an output to this. Not only is it a plausible business venture, but it would also promote ilp.com, whcih is always good.

Pangloss that is awesome, thanks for that website! It’ll come in handy. And I see much potential as a business venture in this, at least in the U.S! That is another reason why I am so excited about this. Mainly because my company is going to target people which think in a higher level.

How about t-shirts with the Avatar’s of ILP.com wall of fame, or honor. Go ahead and run with it. I was thinking that the staff, every three months (or whatever amount of time they decide), votes on a person to be either philosopher of the quarter, or inducted into the ILP.com wall of honor. Something, I don’t know. All I was thinking about was that there be a requirement of the people that get chosen.

The shirts would have the Avatar and location information just like if you were online looking at the forums.

I just wanted to express my hearty approbation to all the insights provided by everyone, I think these T-shirts are going to be a great hit. I also wanted to thank Pangloss for quoting me, especially since it has been a while since I have read that quote of mine. It brought back alot of memories and philosophical insights. Which is always a good thing, to me. Smooth, if the T-shirts begin to sell, you might want to open up a small business or one of those tables downtown and sell ILP T-shirts. I know that things like that are a real big hit there. In fact, I know of two locations where I may be able to sell quite a few as well. Has anyone got any info on pricing?

I already own a business, but currently all we do is organize and promote events. Being that I’m a performer and all, it is good for me. Pricing is a funny subject. Me and Obscure_Reality were talking about that yesterday over some pizza. It involves the quality of shirt we are looking for, and the originality. XXI Entertainment (my company) isn’t interested in the profit of this venture at all. But hopefully the profits, no matter how small or big, could be put to better use. And all that is being thought of. I have an awesome idea that I know everyone is going to love. But I don’t want to post it in the live rooms yet. I doubt this is original, but it will be great. Like I said, after Holloween I’m going to type up my proposal and email it to you all.

How go the merchandise designs?

• ben

they seem to be coming along ben. im not sure whether smooth has contacted pax vitae or not. i had the idea of emulating the new york shirts :laughing:

I Heart Philosophy

but havent really pursued it any further in design.

I will definitely purchase several of these things! Good job you guys.

Me and Obscure have been meeting frequently and discussing until we are blue in the face. Mostly about who we will get to create the shirts. The design will be the easy part in my eyes. But trying to get the best for the lowest price is the thing, so in essence we are shopping around.

The qoutes in the Mundane B. forum are great. But when the time comes to put things into the making, I really want to go through nearly every thread and pick out the best one liners as I can. Like I said earlier, I am going to concentrate more on this after Holloween.

Happy Holloween for all of you who are still kids at heart, and for those of you who recognize Holloween as a day to play dress up. I would wish Holloween was every other day, mostly because I like dressing up like a superhero all the time.

Starting tomm. I will start concentrating all my efforts into the ILP.com merchandise. I’m so excited to see this to its completion. Especially for the experience I will get in working with people from around the globe on one project.

I’m asking the ILP staff if I should post all my developments here, or at an email address that all of you can see. You guys have the final say in everything. I’m going to start writing my proposal in the morning tomm. so you all can see what it is exactly that I’m planning and how I plan to execute it.

Cool and thanx Smooth,
you have been a pleasure to talk to, are funny, clear, insightful, and respectful in your posts. A combination that is hard to find. Not only that, but from what I can see is that you really care, you are sincere (one of the greatest virtues I look for in people), and work hard for ILP. This is just a simply ‘Thank You’ from a member of ILP. Happy Halloween, keep safe, and have fun! That goes for everyone.

Is there a philosophy of Halloween? Thought I’d ask.

What’s your take?

Hi Smooth,

good to see enthusiasm and commitment! I would very much like to see your progress on this and I don’t think it needs to be behind closed doors (if it does, we’ll let you know!). So I suggest you start a new thread in this forum where we can thrash out ideas and follow the progress of it all.

Nice one!

• ben

I am so freaking upset right now!!! I sat down and wrote for the past forty or so minutes on my E X A C T plan on how we could possibly effectivly carry out the merchandising. But my stupid computer messed up on me. ooooh I am so pissed right now.

To just say it in shorter words:

Hey what up Pax, go ahead and forward me those files at my email. It is Smoothini@AOL.com.

To say the least, XXI Entertainment came up with a workable plan on how to acquire the start-up capital for this endevour. We aren’t interested in all the profits that this might generate, all we want in return is just some guidance from you guys. And you already do that. But I’ll speak more on that later on. I will prove it to all you first, and then you see if your time in helping me and XXI Entertainment out is worth it. I wrote it before in more detail but I’ll summarize it now. I’m not here to spam or advertise my personal crap in this forum. I think I do that enough by just having it plastered on my avatar and my signature. I just hope to prove to those that doubt (because I would) that my intentions are honest and pure.

Moving on.

The second I get those pics, I would do everything I can to print out at least 25 basic shirts. We will see how that does and how well the supply and demand thing works out. Now obviously I’m not going to overprice this. The first batch is just an appetizer to get your mouth wet. So to say. But I really want to get something accomplished so that we can stop talking so god damn much and start acting. I want to see results as well as you guys do.

I really wish I would have written that other stuff in MS Word. It was freaking perfect! Oh well.

Here is an update on the progress of the ILP shirts. What I have been doing while I have been having internet problems is that I have been shopping around for the best prices and quality. I found such a place. But instead of printing ILP shirts, I went ahead and printed some XXI t-shirts to see the quality of it, since XXI is a lot more forgiving than you will be.

If you were to go to the XXI Entertainment website or forum you will see me advertising these shirts relentlessly. They are sold out! I was selling them at $21 (US) as a fundraiser. The shirts take 2-4 weeks to come in, so I’m still waiting.

In the mean time we have got in touch with a good artist. I’m looking forward to posting her conceptual stuff at the XXI Entertainment website by next week.

I haven’t got the qoute we are going to use for the first shirts yet, but the financing for producing the first shirt is solidified by the XXI fundraiser I’m having.

hey smooth,

good to see you’ve got merchandise going for xxi. At the moment we’re just looking for suggestions for ILP merchandise, we can’t start making business deals or anything like that. If you have any suggestions for companies or designs then feel free to post them here, but nothing else apart from that.

hope this makes sense

• ben

Kinda makes sense.

Ummm, I could give you all the ideas I have going for XXI, but some of them might not work for you guys because of the somewhat serious and mature nature of your forum. We got a design for a thong that has the XXI logo on the back triangle and we are sampling fabrics/material for it as we speak. That is for a photo shoot for the documentary we are putting together.

About busines deals I understand. But I’m not looking to benefit financially for the ILP t-shirts. I was just hoping to help out with an already established global idea and get XXI experience in dealing with customers from around the world. The money would zero itself out, and you guys can keep the profit. But I understand where you could be hesitant, so I’m not worried. When the shirts come in, and I finish the research on how to do this more smoothly (no pun intended) I will reply.

Still waiting for the XXI shirts to come in. While I’m waiting I’m trying my best to learn HTML and Javascript in order to hook up the XXI forums. I don’t know if you know but XXIentertainment.com has a link to this site. Is that legal to have a link to your site without your permission?