Using quotes?

Ok I’ve noticed that some folks get the name of the person they are quoting in thequote they are using.

eg

How do you get it to say ‘person wrote’ rather than ‘quote’ ?

I canne work it out!!!

Html I reckon, but I sadly lack in that direction.

Help please :confused:

MentulZen.

Use the quote button in the top right-hand corner of posts.
Or

[quote=“Name”]
and then close[/quote

OK, I see the quote button in the top right of each post…(hadn’t noticed it before I must admit)
but after clicking on reply I am taken to a page in which to type my reply with a window called ‘topic review’, in which are the posts I’m replying to.
But the quote button no longer exists in these posts now.

Surely unless the quote button is available and in context to the reply it is somewhat useless apart from opening a second window to use the quote button then copy/paste over the quote that is created?

As you say I can write it out in longhand but that kinda defeats the excersice of having a quote button doesn’t it?

Surely I am missing something?

MentulZen

[quote=“Metavoid”]
Use the quote button in the top right-hand corner of posts.
Or

[quote=“Name” and then close[/quote [/quote]

But thanks for steering me in the right direction Metavoid :slight_smile:

just some practice.

now, how about pictures?

I don’t use that quote button it seemed to quote the whole text the time I tried to use it, all I do is copy what bit I want quote by highlighting and ctrl-c or right-click copy, paste it in my post and then highlight it again and then click the quote button in the “Post a reply” screen. That then puts the quote signifiers in the right places.

If I’m replying to a post further up the tread or to more than one poster I try and remember to do as metavoid said and insert =“name” in the first quote one.