Polls

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Polls

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:21 am

--- I am having problems adding a poll to one of my new posts, i gave the poll a question and put a 0 in the appropriate field all to no avail, what am i doing wrong?
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Kajun » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:16 pm

Type a question, then type the first option. Click Add Option, it'll reload with another option field, enter your second poll option here, click Add Option. Repeat for all options. Then decide if you want it to stop after a certain number of days - if so, put a number in the final box, if not, just leave blank. Then Submit and you should be OK.
Kajun
Political and philosophical discussion @ ixyl.co.uk
Kajun

Postby Skeptic » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:17 pm

Did you get a message box displaying the following message?

"You must enter a message when posting!"

If so, it is requesting that in addition to the poll, you post a regular message, or it may be resulting from the absence of a subject line.

Hope this helps!
Last night as I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky, I thought to myself,
"Where the heck is the ceiling?!"

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
Skeptic
(Jason Hill)

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:56 am

--- Thanks guys, it was the adding option option that i was failing to do, i didn't realize that you had to specify yes, no as options.
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Return to Meta