Can't log-in on my desktop

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Can't log-in on my desktop

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:27 pm

I am logged in on my iPad and Samsung S6 phone, but not on my Windows Vista desktop.. which won't comply.

I will be updating it to Windows 10 soon, but in the meantime how can I log back in on my desktop? my password isn't working and I am unable to reset it.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Re: Can't log-in on my desktop

Postby Carleas » Wed May 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Do you have your password saved on your phone/ipad? Can you change your password there (User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings)? Are you using your password on your phone/ipad, or is it saved or using a persistent login? Have you tried deleting the ILP cookies/cache on your desktop?

I don't think this is an issue with ILP; it seems to be an isolated case, and being able to login on other devices supports that it is limited to some configuration on your desktop.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Re: Can't log-in on my desktop

Postby MagsJ » Wed May 22, 2019 2:01 am

Carleas wrote:Do you have your password saved on your phone/ipad? Can you change your password there (User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings)? Are you using your password on your phone/ipad, or is it saved or using a persistent login? Have you tried deleting the ILP cookies/cache on your desktop?

I don't think this is an issue with ILP; it seems to be an isolated case, and being able to login on other devices supports that it is limited to some configuration on your desktop.

I was also having trouble resetting my password, on both iPad and desktop, but it worked on my android phone.. and the rest is history, as they say.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Return to Meta