A contemptible thread . . .

Given the description of the Philosophy forum

I am wondering about a particular thread that does not seem to fall between formal and informal but rather appears to be trolling and has no philosophical value.

Google gives two reasonable definitions of philosophy:

1. the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.
  2. a theory or attitude that acts as a guiding principle for behaviour.

I would surmise that the formal is reasonably defined as the first definition and the informal is defined as the second definition.

When taking the above into account I am left’ wondering why no action has been taken against the offending thread that appears to demonstrate the differences between two completely unrelated words and makes it obvious that the thread itself is nothing more than an attack toward one of the members of ILP - polling to see which word is more descriptive of the mentioned ILP member.

How is this philosophically relevant given the two definitions that Google provides? If one is able to discern the attitude contained within the OP of the mentioned thread then I suppose this acts as a guiding principle for behaviour toward the human subject of the thread.

I am in communication with the Author of the offending thread, and will be taking action… personal attack threads are not ok, and neither are personal attack posts.