Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Postby Greatest I am » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Postby Dan~ » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:45 pm

Life thrives in the opposite of decadence.
Yet everything is in decay.
An effort against decadence and death.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Be ware dumbasses that think they are intellectuals.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10227
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Re: Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:18 am

Greatest I am wrote:Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

It wasn't Yahweh who created man, rather Elohim. Which means "the Gods".
The idea that there is One God is an interpretation which was enforced by certain sects for political aims, but it is not the actual creation myth. Plural.

YHWH does exist, it is the "Tetragrammaton" : Father (Wisdom), Mother (Understanding), Son (Beauty) and Daughter (The Kingdom).
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Den 8 - The Tree of Life
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10746
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Postby Greatest I am » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Dan~ wrote:Life thrives in the opposite of decadence.
Yet everything is in decay.
An effort against decadence and death.


Life thrives wherever it can find a niche, whether that niche allow decadence or not.

There are many in poverty.

Without death and decay there would be no new life.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Postby Greatest I am » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:38 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

It wasn't Yahweh who created man, rather Elohim. Which means "the Gods".
The idea that there is One God is an interpretation which was enforced by certain sects for political aims, but it is not the actual creation myth. Plural.

YHWH does exist, it is the "Tetragrammaton" : Father (Wisdom), Mother (Understanding), Son (Beauty) and Daughter (The Kingdom).


As a Gnostic Christian, I hold no supernatural beliefs.

To say that man is created by anything other than nature, --- has yet to be proven. If you wish to think a god is involved in creation, explain why he creates so mat babies with so many medical conditions that are often fatal.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm


Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users