People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm

For two points, name the philosopher who might reply to the opening question with:

'It is neither good nor evil, but beyond these things'

Note: this question is for the novice philosopher. Intermediates and masters please do not answer.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Haha! ..good clause

Woah! ..bad clause
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Postby Greatest I am » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Berkley Babes wrote:I think it's good because it hints we have something in common with a source.

Which we all do.

Nature, Gnosis and DNA.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Postby Greatest I am » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:03 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Also.. not involving ourselves with other sub-groups, inhibits being deemed complicit to any crime the other May commit.. I don’t see that as coercion, but self-interest. I see coercion as persuasion from others, of the sub-groups.

I am not sure what you are saying with your last.

What type of involvement with murderer sub-groups of thieve sub groups are you thinking of/

We do not usually know who is in that sub-group until after they kill or rob.

I can see your words working after the crime, no0t before.

They can work.. with foresight and forward-thinking.. I think it’s called ‘knowing better’ lol, and so being our own god should ideally entail that. There’s many a time, when such instincts have prohibited me from coming to harm/other’s stupidity, or getting involved with crims and sinners.. so before any fact can become a reality and then subsequently a negative.

We have to be our own god, because.. down here, god is unavailable.. he can’t come to the phone right now, so all we have is ourselves.. and how could that ever be a bad thing? in looking out for the Self, so not an evil thing at all.

I am a Gnostic Christian. You preach to the quire buddy.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:42 am

Greatest I am wrote:I am a Gnostic Christian. You preach to the quire buddy.

I was confirming my own convictions, so, glad I’m on the right track.

I’d been looking for a guru for many years, and eventually had to become one unto myself.. otherwise I’d have been waiting forever.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality