Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jew

Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

The racism that many show against Jews, must by definition include Jesus, as he only taught Jewish traditions along with his criticisms of it. This included the Jewish esoteric and mystical teachings similar to Gnostic Christian thinking. Jesus’ forte.

Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.

Yahweh loved the Jews and it seems counter intuitive to have religions like Christianity and Islam, who have usurped the Jewish Yahweh and Jesus from the Jews, to try to take the Jew out of Jesus and hating that Jewishness.

Jewry is the root and patriarch of Christianity and Islam, yet those religions do not seem to respect their own Jewish roots.
Roots should be revered. Christians and Muslims do not love or respect their religious fathers and mothers; so to speak.

Jesus was a Jew.

Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Regards
DL

Muslim at a bus stop.
“Excuse me, when’s the bus jew…?”
“How dare you.”

Etc.

Lotta reasons, but mainly because of money. Very easy to hate someone you owe it to.

Here’s one take on it from Pat McCloskey at the Franciscan Media web site:

[b][i]Q: A few years ago, I overheard a Catholic woman ask her friend, “When did Jesus become a Catholic?” A few of us laughed but did try to explain that Jesus was the Christ. He was born Jewish and died Jewish.

One of my Jewish friends asked me, “When did Jesus become a Christian?” Soon after that, a relative asked me, “Well, when did he become a Catholic?” Please address these questions in your column.[/i]

A: Yes, Jesus was born Jewish. By the time that he was executed by the Romans, however, many Jewish people would have considered Jesus as guilty of blasphemy because of certain actions and his teachings about God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

At least since the sixth century before Christ, the bedrock of Judaism has been monotheism, belief in one God. God’s self-revelation in the Scriptures progressively insisted on monotheism.

The Gospels record several incidents where Jesus is accused of blasphemy for directly or indirectly claiming divine prerogatives. For example, when Jesus cured the paralytic man lowered through the roof (Mark 2:1-12), he saw the man’s faith and said, “Child, your sins are forgiven” (v. 5). Similar passages occur in Matthew 9:1-8 and Luke 5:18-26.

“Now some of the scribes were sitting there asking themselves, ‘Why does this man speak that way? Who but God alone can forgive sins?’ Jesus immediately knew in his mind what they were thinking to themselves, so he said, ‘Why are you thinking such things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, Your sins are forgiven, or to say, Rise, pick up your mat and walk? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority for sins on earth—he said to the paralytic, ‘I say to you, rise, pick up your mat, and go home’” (Mark 2:8-11).

After Caiaphas, the high priest, commanded Jesus, “I order you to tell us under oath before the living God whether you are the Messiah, the Son of God,” Jesus said, “You have said so. But I tell you: From now on you will see ‘the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power’ and ‘coming on the clouds of heaven.’ Then the high priest tore his robes and said, ‘He has blasphemed! What further need have we of witnesses? You [members of the Sanhedrin] have now heard the blasphemy; what is your opinion?’ They said in reply, ‘He deserves to die!'” (Matthew 26:63-66, with a similar passage in Mark 14:61-64).

In the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, Pilate questions Jesus about calling himself “the king of the Jews.” That scene is given in more detail in the Gospel of John. “Pilate said to them [the crowd], ‘Take him yourselves and crucify him. I find no guilt in him.’ The Jews answered, ‘We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God’” (19:6b-7). Pilate orders that Jesus be crucified for treason, for not rejecting the title “king of the Jews.”

Not all Jesus’ Jewish contemporaries considered him guilty of blasphemy—his mother, Mary, the apostles and the disciples, for example.

To say that Jesus died Jewish may be too simple; he saw himself as bringing Judaism to a new level. Even so, the earliest Christians continued to frequent the Temple in Jerusalem (Acts 3:1-26 and 5:42).

From the very beginning, the followers of Jesus asserted that they were monotheists, that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were not three gods in the same sense that pagans, for example, considered Jupiter and Apollo as gods.

Jesus’ followers were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26)—only after his death and resurrection. That term and catholic (universal) were interchangeable from the second through the 11th centuries A.D.[/b]

Now all we need is the definitive historical evidence able to separate fact from fiction. Either that or, say, the second coming of Christ?

The short answer is Tribalism.

The long answer is Tribalism.

Also, Jesus was not capable of being a Christian because Christianity didn’t exist yet. If he existed and came to Earth now, Jesus would most likely be a Christian, as far as I can tell.

And he’d probably get killed by Christians, then, if it followed the pattern. And what he preached would not be quite what Christianity is.

I am aware of no evidence that he could be killed, if he exists at all, during The Second Coming. The Book of Revelations certainly would suggest otherwise.

I don’t understand the last sentence. Not every person who identifies or would be identified as, “Christian,” believes the same things. One example is the Holy Trinity. Another example, and this caused a big stir, is whether or not Transubstantiation literally or figuratively causes the bread and wine to become the body and blood (respectively) of Christ.

If Jesus existed as such, returned and could demonstrate he is what he claims to be…then I would think he could clarify these answers as well as what Christianity ought be. The good news is that he doesn’t really seem the type to get all too angry about minor and unintended mistakes.

Though that’s not evidence. In any case my point was, last time Jesus was born in a group out of whose religion he intentionally or not founded another one. The members of his religion asked the cops (the Romans) to put him down. They did.

Christianity, is certainly a lot of different things, you’re right. But it’s not Judaism. Jesus made something else. If he came again, as a Christian, seems like he’d start some new thing.

Well, if he is God, then he may not get angry but if you’re both in the wrong family, where presumably God put your soul, you can end up raped as an infant.

I agree that it’s not evidence, at least, in the sense that I don’t believe in anything that we are saying, except the Tribalism part. But, you are right, they most certainly did, according to the book. The vague, ‘They,’ might try to kill again, never said they wouldn’t, just said the Book of Revelations suggests they would not succeed.

You just can’t please some people, you know? Theists can be an especially tough crowd.

I wouldn’t say Jesus, “Made,” something else so much as Jesus precipitated the making of something else. Certainly if all the Jews had agreed with, and believed in, Jesus…then all parties involved could still be Jews. Or Christians.

Preaching to the choir. For the record, any, “According to,” argument you see come from me as references a purportedly holy scripture is just me playing Devil’s Advocate, or speaking hypothetically, or both, depending on the context.

That was my number one issue. Jealousy.

Regards
DL

Historical and archeological evidence killed the bible and it’s god.

All you put, while interesting, does not explain the hate Christians hold for Jews.

It cannot be for killing a god as god cannot die by definition.

Regards
DL

Do you really think Jesus would associate himself with the Trinity and Yahweh and Christians, given that Yahweh is a genocidal son murdering piece of garbage and that Christianity only grew threw inquisitions and murder?

I doubt it.

Any good god would reject Christianity and Islam for the garbage homophobic and misogynous religions they are.

Regards
DL

That’s a very reasonable counter position that you have stated. Without addressing any of the finer points, I suppose Jesus would have no need to be a member of any religion. I also suppose, theoretically, that he would have the authority to tell the Christians that they should thereby call themselves something else, or perhaps nothing at all.

I see one of the Jesus archetypes in the bible as quite anti-religion and tradition. He saw religions and gods as tools of the state and knew his history of Emperors declaring themselves to be gods.

This indicates that if a Jesus ever returned, he would be a politician.

As scriptures say, in that future, we are to elect ourselves a god.

I take that to mean when we are bright enough to kill off all the evil supernatural gods and go science.

Strange that Socrates predicted the same thing for what would follow democratic systems. Science, in the sense that all politicians would be trained in statecraft.

That, BTW, if in our short past, would have solved the lying Trump election. He would not have the I.Q.

Regards
DL

P.S. It is said that the only good Christians are Gnostic Christians. Any new Jesus would have to be a Gnostic. It is the only ideology I know that can and must allow equality for all, with a law of the sea for us men to elevate ourselves to.

Regards
DL

Everybody’s a tough crowd. Getting medicated by his parents and school long before ‘going public’ might silence him much more effectively. The secular ‘police’ can clear the streets as well as anybody.

And there are Jews for Jesus. But once something is in place, it generally cannot change very fast. Obviously Christian groups have treated individuals as Jesus, and remained Christian. Any number of cult leaders have been treated like Jesus or even as Jesus. But I think the inherent inertia of large organizations means that most Christians will not move with a new religious leader, unless he or she is a bureaucrat also.

Ah, ok. Good to know. I am sort of the same. In fact even trying to place my position in this context is very hard.

I am not too familiar with Christians hate for Jews.

However I am VERY familiar with why Muslims hate Jews.

1. Muhammad have had certain regular altered states of consciousness.

2. He was terrified with fears on such experiences.

3. His wife and relative consoled and convinced him, he was the next Messiah as prophesized in the Bible. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_and_the_Bible

4. After he failed to convince his own Meccan people, he tried to convince the Jews that he was their prophesized Messiah.

5. The Jews being more intelligent and religious savvy, ridiculed Muhammad on his claims as their Messiah. Muhammad could not win any debate with the Jews on that issue.

6. Losing all arguments, Muhammad accused the Jews of altering their original texts to exclude the said prophecy that named him as their next Messiah.

7. After more than 10 years of preaching, Muhammad had only 100+ followers and he attribute this failure to the Jews who did not recognize him as the new Messiah.

8. It is on this basis that Muhammad hated the Jews with fiery contempt. Such hatred is expressed all over the Quranic verses. Here is one [among many] where Muhammad dehumanize the Jews with hatred and contempt;

[list]7:166. So when they [Jews infidels] took pride in that which they [Jews infidels] had been forbidden, We said unto them [infidel Jews]: Be ye apes despised [KhSA: khāsiīna] and loathed!

The Jews are so hated, Muslims are commanded not befriend any Jew.

5:51. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians for friends. They [infidels] are friends one to another. He [any Muslim] among you [Muslims] who taketh them [infidels] for friends is (one) of them [i.e. infidel]. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
[/list:u]

A Muslim is one who has contracted [covenanted] with Allah to comply with ALL of Allah’s commands in the Quran in exchange with a promise of eternal life in paradise.
Therefore if a Muslim want to be ensured of eternal life in paradise, they must obey the commands of Allah.
Since the command of Allah comprised of tons of verses which commanded hatred upon the Jews for what they deprived Muhammad of his prophet-hood status earlier on, Muslims must obey Allah’s command to hate and kill Jews.

The consequence of Muslims adhering to the above command [to hate Jews] is so evident throughout the 1400 history of Islam to the present where innocent Jews were killed merely because they are Jews.

Therefore, as long as the ideology of Islam exists, all Muslims must hate Jews like their prophet Muhammad and Allah without exception.
Fortunately the majority of Muslims ignore such a command due to their human-ness or ignorant of the commands to hate Jews in the Quran.

The Jews are also not helping themselves when they claimed they are the “chosen” people with a claim of superiority and arrogance. This is a catalyst to make their situation worse in addition to the inherent hatred for them from Allah in the Quran.

Good research and delivery.

What religion or other tribal unit do you know of that does not say that it is the chosen one? None, more than likely.

Islam is a tribe and I agree with your second last comment.

Overall, I would say that Islam taught just what Christianity taught. That being it’s superiority over all other tribal religions.

Christianity and Islam share DNA and one is no better than the other. They are both garbage homophobic and misogynous religions.

Regards
DL

I believe Christianity is slightly better than Islam.
The ethos of Islam is inherently 95% evil and violent, while Christianity is 80% with its own negatives while being a pacifist religion.

In addition to the New Testament passages cited by iambiguous above, the phrase “the Jews” is almost always used in a negative sense in the Gospel of John. Check out this passage:

John 8:31-44 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers. 32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34 Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin. 35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever. 36 So if the Son makes you free, you are really free. 37 I know you are Abraham’s descendants. But you want to kill me, because you don’t want to accept my teaching. 38 I am telling you what my Father has shown me. But you do what your father has told you.”
39 They said, “Our father is Abraham.”
Jesus said, “If you were really Abraham’s descendants, you would do what Abraham did. 40 I am someone who has told you the truth I heard from God. But you are trying to kill me. Abraham did nothing like that. 41 So you are doing what your own father did.”
But they said, “We are not like children who never knew who their father was. God is our Father. He is the only Father we have.”
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were really your Father, you would love me. I came from God, and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority. God sent me. 43 You don’t understand the things I say, because you cannot accept my teaching. 44 Your father is the devil. You belong to him. You want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning. He was always against the truth. There is no truth in him. He is like the lies he tells. Yes, the devil is a liar. He is the father of lies.

Other than killing apostates, which does make Islam more evil than Christianity, accounts for your ratings, to me. I agree.

I have to ignore how Christian sects used to murder each other though.

Regards
DL