Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby phyllo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm

There was no love before Adam and Eve ate the fruit???

Says who?
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby felix dakat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Greatest I am wrote:Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL


Good question, bro. It's so hard to think to the ground of being below dualism like love and hate. To use the lingo of psychobabble love and hate are enmeshed like co-dependent lovers. Tradition has it that Eve seduced him. The traditional interpretation is androcentric. But, why do you think the serpent was Satan? :-k The Genesis text doesn't say so.

User avatar
felix dakat
Janitor
 
Posts: 8150
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:20 am
Location: east of eden

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Ierrellus » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:05 pm

The Serpent is the evolving of the reptilian brain. See Paul MacLean on the tripartite human brain.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12517
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:09 pm

phyllo wrote:There was no love before Adam and Eve ate the fruit???

Says who?


That is not what I said.

Is love good?
Could A & E love without the knowledge of whether love was good or evil?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:13 pm

felix dakat wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL


Good question, bro. It's so hard to think to the ground of being below dualism like love and hate. To use the lingo of psychobabble love and hate are enmeshed like co-dependent lovers. Tradition has it that Eve seduced him. The traditional interpretation is androcentric. But, why do you think the serpent was Satan? :-k The Genesis text doesn't say so.


Right on both counts.

Christian dogma posits that the dragon of revelation is Satan and as the great deceiver, she was in Eden doing the first deception.

You are correct in that there is nothing in scriptures that sat the talking serpent was Satan. Dodma never matched the bible.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Ierrellus wrote:The Serpent is the evolving of the reptilian brain. See Paul MacLean on the tripartite human brain.


I think we evolved from a rodent, not a reptile.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby phyllo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:10 pm

phyllo wrote:
There was no love before Adam and Eve ate the fruit???

Says who?



That is not what I said.
Then how is one to interpret your statement : "Satan gave man love." ?
Could A & E love without the knowledge of whether love was good or evil?
Of course they could. They felt without judgement and without conscious awareness. They loved "as little children".
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Ierrellus » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The Serpent is the evolving of the reptilian brain. See Paul MacLean on the tripartite human brain.


I think we evolved from a rodent, not a reptile.

Regards
DL

Science claims otherwise. The brain base is reptilian. We do not create stories as seen through the eyes of a rodent. If that were the case and our first brain growth was rodent, the serpent in the garden would be a rat. We see what we are comprised of.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12517
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Ierrellus wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The Serpent is the evolving of the reptilian brain. See Paul MacLean on the tripartite human brain.


I think we evolved from a rodent, not a reptile.

Regards
DL

Science claims otherwise. The brain base is reptilian. We do not create stories as seen through the eyes of a rodent. If that were the case and our first brain growth was rodent, the serpent in the garden would be a rat. We see what we are comprised of.
Rodents are mammals. Hence there is no contradiction in saying we evolved from rodents and reptiles (the former itself coming from the latter)
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:38 pm

phyllo wrote:
phyllo wrote:
There was no love before Adam and Eve ate the fruit???

Says who?



That is not what I said.
Then how is one to interpret your statement : "Satan gave man love." ?
Could A & E love without the knowledge of whether love was good or evil?
Of course they could. They felt without judgement and without conscious awareness. They loved "as little children".


Yes, who could never procreate, which is a spiritual confirmation that they know how to love fully. That is a part of our biological nature.

IOW, their could not get to a full blown love without eating of the knowledge of what true love is to a biological unit that must reproduce to sustain itself.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Ierrellus wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:The Serpent is the evolving of the reptilian brain. See Paul MacLean on the tripartite human brain.


I think we evolved from a rodent, not a reptile.

Regards
DL

Science claims otherwise. The brain base is reptilian. We do not create stories as seen through the eyes of a rodent. If that were the case and our first brain growth was rodent, the serpent in the garden would be a rat. We see what we are comprised of.


I do not really care and just like the way it all worked out.

You alluded to information only.

https://www.livescience.com/60888-rat-c ... stors.html

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby phyllo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Yes, who could never procreate, which is a spiritual confirmation that they know how to love fully. That is a part of our biological nature.

IOW, their could not get to a full blown love without eating of the knowledge of what true love is to a biological unit that must reproduce to sustain itself.
God gave them all the working biological bits so I don't see any reason why they would not eventually conceive a child if they had stayed in the garden.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:06 pm

phyllo wrote:
Yes, who could never procreate, which is a spiritual confirmation that they know how to love fully. That is a part of our biological nature.

IOW, their could not get to a full blown love without eating of the knowledge of what true love is to a biological unit that must reproduce to sustain itself.
God gave them all the working biological bits so I don't see any reason why they would not eventually conceive a child if they had stayed in the garden.


Let's see. God told them to reproduce way back min Gen 1 and just at the end of Gen 3 they know they had bits to cover up.

You think they would wait that long? Why?
That is man's strongest impulse after survival.

Procreation has both good and evil components and E & E could not know anything of procreation till after consuming the knowledge. Obviously.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby phyllo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:19 pm

You think they would wait that long? Why?
How long was it?
Procreation has both good and evil components and E & E could not know anything of procreation till after consuming the knowledge. Obviously.
What good and evil components?

What's obvious?
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby Greatest I am » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:42 am

phyllo wrote:
You think they would wait that long? Why?
How long was it?
Procreation has both good and evil components and E & E could not know anything of procreation till after consuming the knowledge. Obviously.
What good and evil components?

What's obvious?


??

What I put.

Some components that come to mind are rape as compared to a love generated encounter.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Postby phyllo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:28 am

What I put.
You put Genesis chapter 1 and Genesis chapter 3. Chapters are not units of time.
Some components that come to mind are rape as compared to a love generated encounter.
Rape?

There was nothing written about that in Genesis. And if Adam was raping Eve then God would have straightened it out. Right?

So they really did not need knowledge of good and evil for procreation.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10841
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am


Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users