Should the religious world thank the secular world for impro

Should the religious world thank the secular world for improving older religious law to the level of excellence we now enjoy?

If we grade secular law against theistic laws, I think we will agree that God’s laws are unjust when compared to the laws of most lands.

Three cheers for secular world and the world’s intelligentsia. They are the Gnostics of the world and their just laws prove it.

Regards
DL

Abrahamic religion is cruel.
Other religions, maybe not.
It depends, too.
Abraham stuff can be revised.

True, with the help of the courts and convictions of the intransigents.

Your statement ignores that Islam is an Abrahamic religion as well and revisions there are quite hard to get done and it is the most immoral to date.

Regards
DL

Justice is pretty weak in alberta, and i bet it’s worse in the states.

Islam is abrahamic isn’t it? I didn’t try to ignore it.

You did not make your statement plural and I thus assumed you were referring only to Christianity.

Perhaps Christianity was the one you were ignoring.

I think you are correct in that U.S. justice is inferior to Canadian justice.

Regards
DL

There is no need to thank anyone in this case.
It is inherent and natural of human nature to evolve and progress positively amidst the state of evilness and chaos.
It is true there are loads of negativity at all times but being intrinsic and natural, optimism and positiveness will always prevails in some ways or another.

Note for example the morality drive is intrinsic to human beings in general;

Notwithstanding there are still evilness to be resolved, there has been lots of progress in the field of morality and ethics [since > 2000 years ago] without the need for absolute moral laws from a God.

People think we’re 100% software, as if the hardware isn’t in control on some level.
If it is hardware, it is genetic.

I can agree with all this but would point out that secular law has had to drag religions into ignoring their vile biblical laws for the better secular laws.

As to babies, experiments also show that when they create a positive bias like empathy for instance, or altruism or their tribal penchant that has them select for their own color, they, at the same time, create a negative bias against whatever goes against or impedes their positive bias.

Hate, IOW’s, is born from love. We are dualistic by nature.

Regards
DL

Thinking of gender bias and possibly even color/race, I agree.

Other things like shyness etc. have also been attributed to our genes.

Regards
DL

Resistance to change is a normal thing thus net positive progress is expected to be slow and very slow in certain cases especially where the existential dilemma is very strong.

Empathy, driven by mirror neurons is a very distinct neural function from tribalism.
See parts of the brain below;

The neural connectivity with tribalism [within most animals and even insects] is very primal, i.e. connected to fight or flight, kill or be killed, anger, aggression, etc. and they are located at the basement of the brain common with most animals.
Note, Transcending the Tribal Mind
cerebromente.org.br/n09/tribal_i.htm

The empathy system is located in the higher cortical parts of the brain is connected to wisdom and rationality. Since it is very distanced from the primal brain, empathy is not connected directly to the primal instincts that has evil potentials.
What is negative with empathy is any weak connection to wisdom and rationality where the empathy impulse is directed blindly. There are instances of blind empathy where 3 men drowned trying to save a dog in water.

Interesting.

Regards
DL