Are Christians, Muslims and atheists idolaters?

:text-thankyouyellow:

As they say, a being who wants to be worshipped isn’t worthy of worship. To explain what this phrase means: don’t worship!!

Maybe God doesn’t care about being worshiped.

Well, at least we got rid of that idolatry issue and now we have moved on to a new idea: worshiping is bad. New thread?

Worship meaning

and so…

and

Sounds terrible.

Who is this ‘they’`?

Me personally, I am not a big fan or worshipping, not because respecting and loving are bad but because one is told what to feel, rather the feeling coming naturally from the relationship. That’s me.

phyllo

There just may be a lot of truth within that but would it actually matter?

Human beings probably evolved to have no choice but to worship. We realize our imperfections/frailties, smallness (for lack of a better word) and having something or someone to worship raises us above our picayune natures to where we come to be in relationship with whatever we experience as being the sublime.

Love, Lust, God, Worship probably all from the same part of the brain (?) ~ we are powerless to transcend them but do we have to soar so high and would it not be a wise thing to choose in a more harmless way?

It matters in Ecmandu’s argument/reasoning. How he can possibly know if God wants to be worshiped is beyond me.

Oh, I think there is a choice being made.

Sure. Worship satisfies some want or need in the worshiper.

Worship itself doesn’t seem particularly harmful but in the extreme, it can lead to places that one ought not to go.

All of those concepts and images, real or imaginary, are stored in our minds. That makes them a part of our ideals and ideology. All worship their ideologies and hold it as our greatest ideal in thinking.

Anything else is semantics.

bing.com/videos/search?q=co … ORM=VRDGAR

Regards
DL

You cannot help yourself, unless you have an ego problem.

Give a listen to the link in the post just above.

Regards
DL

Are you an evolving creature?

Do you seek to be one of the fittest of your species or one of the less fit?

If you are not trying to be the fittest, then you will not care about love and worship and such concepts.

Do you not love yourself? Is love not a form of worship?

Regards
DL

Can you be told what to feel? Sure.

Can you feel the way someone tells you to feel? No.

If a poster here told you to love them, for instance, you would quickly tell them where to go.

Do you love yourself?

Regards
DL

To all.

Jesus said to love yourself as well as God.

Love, worship, adore are all synonymous. We love ourselves and our ideologies, which is good, but we are allowing it to go to idolatry if we have a fixed ideology.

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Love is a precursor to adoration and worship and are synonymous to idolatry.

The worship you give God you are also told to give yourself.

If you follow Jesus, you will love and worship yourself and that is why we are all idolaters.

If Jesus is a good man to you, then you will try to love and adore the ideology you follow.

Regards
DL

You need to explain what you mean by “fittest” because in the Darwinian sense, love and worship are not required to adapt and survive.

I would say no. It would mean that every time that you love a person or thing, then you are worshiping it. Seems like an excessive stretch on the intended meaning of “worship”. Do you worship your cat or dog?

Then you’re saying that anyone who loves, is an idolater.

Does that really make sense?

If I love them, yes. You might want to look up the definitions of love and worship. What I put is not a stretch at all.

In fact, Jesus used love in his best two commandments so he and I are on the same page.

As to fittest, I could link you up to the answer but lets’ see your thinking.

In evolving, we always either cooperate of compete. Which do you think is the best to help you survival so as you can keep trying to be the fittest?

I will give you the link and answer if you should give the wrong reply. Hint. Security of the tribe.

Regards
DL

Yes, if you look at the melding the terms do in the dictionary definitions.

If you are stuck in semantics then you will not get what I am saying anyway.

If the one you love is not the ideal to you and you cannot idolize her the way I idolize my wife, as well as love, honor, worship etc., then that is too bad.

Regards
DL

Semantics : “the meaning, or an interpretation of the meaning, of a word, sign, sentence, etc”

Your entire argument is about the meaning of words, specifically the peculiar meanings that you are assigning to common words. How can this not be about semantics?

I can’t possibly get anything from an internet forum which is not based on the meaning of words.

A real person or thing can’t be ideal because it is always flawed in some way.

What are you actually saying here?

What you refuse to hear.

Basically what this poet says.

youtube.com/watch?v=SkZg1ZflpJs

Regards
DL

I don’t come to an internet philosophy site to watch youtube videos.

You did not come to do any thinking either.

Regards
DL