Page 1 of 1

Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:24 pm
by Fixed Cross
gnostic warrior wrote:"I’m convinced that one must never converse with Satan - if you do that, you'll be lost," the Pope said.
“He's more intelligent than us, and he'll turn you upside down, he'll make your head spin.
“He always pretends to be polite - he does it with priests, with bishops. That's how he enters your mind."
"The Devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with," Pope Francis has warned.
“He is evil, he’s not like mist. He’s not a diffuse thing, he is a person. I’m convinced that one must never converse with Satan - if you do that, you’ll be lost,” he told TV2000, a Catholic channel, gesticulating with his hands to emphasize his point.
Here is the video interview in Italian.


This makes me rather curious!
Ive included a quiz,
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm
by surreptitious75
Pope should not be so sure as Satanists themselves are divided over this
For some think that Lucifer is metaphorical while others think he is real

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:46 pm
by Karpel Tunnel
The Pope says the Devil is a person???

If you got that from what you quoted I think you are misinterpreting it. He would certainly think t he devil is real, but to think the devil is a person would be heresy.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm
by Fixed Cross
Karpel Tunnel wrote:The Pope says the Devil is a person???

If you got that from what you quoted I think you are misinterpreting it. He would certainly think t he devil is real, but to think the devil is a person would be heresy.

Well, if you say so....
:wink:
gnostic warrior wrote:Speaking to Catholic broadcaster TV2000 in December 2017, Francis said that "Satan is not a metaphor or a nebulous concept but a real person armed with dark powers."

My Italian is rusty, but apparently this is where he says it.


Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm
by Fixed Cross
surreptitious75 wrote:Pope should not be so sure as Satanists themselves are divided over this
For some think that Lucifer is metaphorical while others think he is real

And you?

I am intrigued by the idea that he is a person of flesh and blood. I'd find it very tempting to speak with him.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm
by WendyDarling
Maybe Satan's mind overcomes an average Joe's mind and uses Joe's flesh and blood to voice his "humanity." That seems likely since possessions have been going on for millennia, but most folks may not even realize they are possessed rather they see themselves as more engaging, more intelligent, simply more than usual, not grasping who is speaking through them. Satan's very slippery ducking in and out of folks to accomplish his objectives.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 pm
by Karpel Tunnel
Fixed Cross wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:The Pope says the Devil is a person???

If you got that from what you quoted I think you are misinterpreting it. He would certainly think t he devil is real, but to think the devil is a person would be heresy.

Well, if you say so....
:wink:
gnostic warrior wrote:Speaking to Catholic broadcaster TV2000 in December 2017, Francis said that "Satan is not a metaphor or a nebulous concept but a real person armed with dark powers."



I'd be interested to see what an Italian speaker would say. I mean, people are mortal, they die. They are the children of Adam and Eve. Etc. But I suppose he could have said it, Pope's probably have the luxury of idiotically committing heresy.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:25 am
by pilgrim-seeker_tom
WendyDarling wrote:Maybe Satan's mind overcomes an average Joe's mind and uses Joe's flesh and blood to voice his "humanity." That seems likely since possessions have been going on for millennia, but most folks may not even realize they are possessed rather they see themselves as more engaging, more intelligent, simply more than usual, not grasping who is speaking through them. Satan's very slippery ducking in and out of folks to accomplish his objectives.


Reminds me of personal experiences with the old radios. Specifically ... trying to tune into a particular station ... so often the radio served up what we called static. Often enough, we would ingest both the music we wanted to hear and the undesirable static ... the only alternate being to turn the radio off. :-)

So it is with human evolution ... suppose at some point the specie's consciousness will filter out the static.

Paraphrasing a sentence I just read ...

Through silence we enter into a language that is beyond all languages.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 am
by surreptitious75
I am an atheist so do not believe in any supernatural beings at all
Evil does exist however but that is because of man and man only

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:36 pm
by Arcturus Descending
I wonder if he would be right up there in the front if they still burned witches today? #-o

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:42 pm
by Fixed Cross
Karpel Tunnel wrote:I'd be interested to see what an Italian speaker would say. I mean, people are mortal, they die. They are the children of Adam and Eve. Etc. But I suppose he could have said it, Pope's probably have the luxury of idiotically committing heresy.

I manage to understand much of it. He really literally says "Satan is a person", goes on about how he is just like you and me, intelligent and sophisticated, but will turn you to evil.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 pm
by Karpel Tunnel
Fixed Cross wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:I'd be interested to see what an Italian speaker would say. I mean, people are mortal, they die. They are the children of Adam and Eve. Etc. But I suppose he could have said it, Pope's probably have the luxury of idiotically committing heresy.

I manage to understand much of it. He really literally says "Satan is a person", goes on about how he is just like you and me, intelligent and sophisticated, but will turn you to evil.
Good to know, but it should be considered heresy. People don't live thousands of years. People, generally, don't have magical powers. People don't reside in Hell, and can leave. People are not fallen angels. People can't possess children and speak in dead languages. People cannot grant powers to witches and demons. People cannot visit Heaven. But hey, he's the Pope, he can makes up shit.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 pm
by Arcturus Descending
Perhaps the sad part is that he doesn't even *make it up*. He believes it.
It is like wearing the same old clothes century after century.


People, generally, don't have magical powers.


Generally????? So are you saying that we do have magical powers?

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 pm
by Meno_
Nothing but nothing in this world is absolutely impossible.

Theism : Belief in the infallibility of the Absolute
Pope. Pope's infallibility is an absolute
Therefore, the Devil is a morally necessary contrary/or sameness in the same absolute.

This is not anything new.

But the argument can escape from its imminent cliches of belief in the here and now.

The personage of Satan is not a persona but a transcendental being who can possess certain people at certain times, the proof is in the pudding.

Examples of pure evil abound throughout the long passage through time, just look at the great savages of history,.

P.o. pot, Kim Jung, Tiberius, Dracul, and many many others come to mind.

The only difference being is that these were satanic helpers, where the Great evil one hides behind facades of Angelic Repose. In the final battle he shall wage the final battle with Christ, whereupon even his deceptions can not be hidden by his helpers.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 am
by surreptitious75
According to the Church Of Satan who are the experts in this matter and not the Pope Satan is not real
But just an abstract idea and so Satanists are actually atheists because they do not believe in any gods
So the Devil that appears to Jesus in the Bible is not Satan and Devil worshippers are also not Satanists

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:41 am
by surreptitious75

Fundamental Beliefs

Why do Satanists worship the Devil

Satanists are atheists

We do not believe in Satan as a being or person

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 am
by surreptitious75

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 pm
by Karpel Tunnel
Arcturus Descending wrote:Perhaps the sad part is that he doesn't even *make it up*. He believes it.
It is like wearing the same old clothes century after century.


People, generally, don't have magical powers.


Generally????? So are you saying that we do have magical powers?
I am responding within church doctrine. I am not Catholic. In CAtholicism, yes, rarely some people can have magical powers, gotten through connection with the devil. The Devil on the other hand has these powers inherently given his essence.

I happen to believe in what many people would call magic, but that's neither here nor there in this thread.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:31 pm
by Arcturus Descending
Karpel Tunnel


I happen to believe in what many people would call magic, but that's neither here nor there in this thread


Do you mean to say what seemingly appears to be magic or magical like the below?
That is so so cool, isn't it?

http://www.cracked.com/article_20829_5- ... ience.html

I see such magic in the Universe but I feel that it is all science and also based on what knowledge many of us do not have in order to explain it ~~ simply put ~~ like a sun shower or rainbow...so cool.

8838ffd63bb11e6420f9c6dee51fa959--carl-sagan-my-hero.jpg
8838ffd63bb11e6420f9c6dee51fa959--carl-sagan-my-hero.jpg (35.16 KiB) Viewed 3457 times

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:14 pm
by Karpel Tunnel
Arcturus Descending wrote:Karpel Tunnel


I happen to believe in what many people would call magic, but that's neither here nor there in this thread


Do you mean to say what seemingly appears to be magic or magical like the below?
Right now all I can say is that the phenomena I mean do not have causes so far validated by consensus science - though certainly researchers have confirmed patterns, but these tend to be marginalized for paradigmatic reasons - and do not SEEM to fit with current models of causation. I assume they are natural which to me is synonymous, in this context with real.

Re: Pope Francis says the Devil is a Real Person

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:44 pm
by Fixed Cross