• No, he doesn’t exist
0 voters

This makes me rather curious!
Ive included a quiz,
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Pope should not be so sure as Satanists themselves are divided over this
For some think that Lucifer is metaphorical while others think he is real

The Pope says the Devil is a person???

If you got that from what you quoted I think you are misinterpreting it. He would certainly think t he devil is real, but to think the devil is a person would be heresy.

Well, if you say so…
:wink:

My Italian is rusty, but apparently this is where he says it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3t1X9KD1Ss[/youtube]

And you?

I am intrigued by the idea that he is a person of flesh and blood. I’d find it very tempting to speak with him.

Maybe Satan’s mind overcomes an average Joe’s mind and uses Joe’s flesh and blood to voice his “humanity.” That seems likely since possessions have been going on for millennia, but most folks may not even realize they are possessed rather they see themselves as more engaging, more intelligent, simply more than usual, not grasping who is speaking through them. Satan’s very slippery ducking in and out of folks to accomplish his objectives.

I’d be interested to see what an Italian speaker would say. I mean, people are mortal, they die. They are the children of Adam and Eve. Etc. But I suppose he could have said it, Pope’s probably have the luxury of idiotically committing heresy.

Reminds me of personal experiences with the old radios. Specifically … trying to tune into a particular station … so often the radio served up what we called static. Often enough, we would ingest both the music we wanted to hear and the undesirable static … the only alternate being to turn the radio off. :slight_smile:

So it is with human evolution … suppose at some point the specie’s consciousness will filter out the static.

Paraphrasing a sentence I just read …

[b]

[/b]

I am an atheist so do not believe in any supernatural beings at all
Evil does exist however but that is because of man and man only

I wonder if he would be right up there in the front if they still burned witches today? #-o

I manage to understand much of it. He really literally says “Satan is a person”, goes on about how he is just like you and me, intelligent and sophisticated, but will turn you to evil.

Good to know, but it should be considered heresy. People don’t live thousands of years. People, generally, don’t have magical powers. People don’t reside in Hell, and can leave. People are not fallen angels. People can’t possess children and speak in dead languages. People cannot grant powers to witches and demons. People cannot visit Heaven. But hey, he’s the Pope, he can makes up shit.

Perhaps the sad part is that he doesn’t even make it up. He believes it.
It is like wearing the same old clothes century after century.

Generally??? So are you saying that we do have magical powers?

Nothing but nothing in this world is absolutely impossible.

Theism : Belief in the infallibility of the Absolute
Pope. Pope’s infallibility is an absolute
Therefore, the Devil is a morally necessary contrary/or sameness in the same absolute.

This is not anything new.

But the argument can escape from its imminent cliches of belief in the here and now.

The personage of Satan is not a persona but a transcendental being who can possess certain people at certain times, the proof is in the pudding.

Examples of pure evil abound throughout the long passage through time, just look at the great savages of history,.

P.o. pot, Kim Jung, Tiberius, Dracul, and many many others come to mind.

The only difference being is that these were satanic helpers, where the Great evil one hides behind facades of Angelic Repose. In the final battle he shall wage the final battle with Christ, whereupon even his deceptions can not be hidden by his helpers.

According to the Church Of Satan who are the experts in this matter and not the Pope Satan is not real
But just an abstract idea and so Satanists are actually atheists because they do not believe in any gods
So the Devil that appears to Jesus in the Bible is not Satan and Devil worshippers are also not Satanists

[b]
Fundamental Beliefs

Why do Satanists worship the Devil

Satanists are atheists

We do not believe in Satan as a being or person[/b]

churchofsatan.com/frequentl … stions.php

I am responding within church doctrine. I am not Catholic. In CAtholicism, yes, rarely some people can have magical powers, gotten through connection with the devil. The Devil on the other hand has these powers inherently given his essence.

I happen to believe in what many people would call magic, but that’s neither here nor there in this thread.

Karpel Tunnel

Do you mean to say what seemingly appears to be magic or magical like the below?
That is so so cool, isn’t it?

cracked.com/article_20829_5- … ience.html

I see such magic in the Universe but I feel that it is all science and also based on what knowledge many of us do not have in order to explain it ~~ simply put ~~ like a sun shower or rainbow…so cool.

[tab]8838ffd63bb11e6420f9c6dee51fa959--carl-sagan-my-hero.jpg[/tab]

Right now all I can say is that the phenomena I mean do not have causes so far validated by consensus science - though certainly researchers have confirmed patterns, but these tend to be marginalized for paradigmatic reasons - and do not SEEM to fit with current models of causation. I assume they are natural which to me is synonymous, in this context with real.