“He was a good guy”

Suspect in Times Square Bombing Leaves Trail of Mystery
nytimes.com/2017/12/11/nyre … spect.html

Then the usual,

This is the typical response every time an Islamic terrorist attacker[s] is/are identified but the authorities do not have any clue what is the ultimate root cause thus no effective preventive strategies are raised to ensure it do not happen again.

Mr. Ullah made some statements, e.g.

These excuses are actually red-herrings and hide the real ultimate root causes.

A detailed and accurate research will uncover the ultimate root cause of such terrible jihadists attacks are driven by the ethos of the religion itself, which is partly very malignant.

The authorities must take steps of understand it is the religion of Islam itself [partly] which has evil laden verses that inspire evil prone believers [SOME - a pool of 300 millions :astonished: ] to commit such terrible acts of evil.

He was “good” in their eyes because he fought against the defenceless. Its just a word they use differently.

I was a journalist embedded with Hezbollah in 2002. They didn’t know I am half Jewish. They drove me around Southern Lebanon and stopped at all kinds of huge billboards in the middle of nowhere by means of which a great number of 8-ish year olds who had blown themselves up to kill Jews were “honoured” (another word they use differently). They were very proud to give me these photo ops with their noble accomplishments. I had to work hard not to vomit.

Isam is essentially scornful of human lives, especially of women and children’s lives. But this can be seen as a good thing, from within islam.
It is in any case the opposite to knightly or warriors honour, which is to fight for women and children. Of course a lot of “men” are just so weak that they prefer to kill 8 year olds and beat women. These people founded a religion.

Its a matter of standards.
“he was doing great work, he had already killed 300 infidel children, the infidels are so evil for reprimanding him!”

I believe the person who stated “He was a good guy” was relying on general and universal human values, not Islamic values. An attempt to kill innocent people is abominable evil within universal human values.

I believe the person who stated “He was a good guy” is not a ‘good’ [fully compliant] Muslim because he has failed to understand the real ethos of Islam in the Quran.

Within the real ethos of Islam, killing innocent people if for the cause of Allah is a “good” act and these people will be rewarded and greatly rewarded if they are martyred.

This why it is so critical for authorities and masses to understand within the ethos of Islam what is “good” [certain] as a divine duty for all Muslims to comply with is actually evil in accordance to universal human values.
It is critical for the authorities to expose this misconception and take corrective actions.

I wonder how many posters here understand what is “good” for Muslims as sanction in the Quran by Allah are actually in reality very “evil” by universal human values?

K: and please enlighten us as to what are “universal human values”
and we can begin to discuss the matter…

Kropotkin