“He was a good guy”

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

“He was a good guy”

Postby Prismatic567 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 am

Suspect in Times Square Bombing Leaves Trail of Mystery
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/11/nyre ... spect.html

On the surface, Akayed Ullah seemed to be an ordinary member of a Bangladeshi enclave in Brooklyn. He often prayed at a mosque in an unassuming brownstone in the Kensington section of the borough, where a few thousand of his countrymen reside. Like many immigrants in New York, he made his living — at least for a while — driving for a car service.

But on Monday morning, Mr. Ullah, 27, strapped a pipe bomb to his body and set out to detonate it in a Times Square subway station, the police said, not only causing chaos among crowds of commuters, but also leaving behind a trail of mystery that baffled those who knew him.

Then the usual,
“He was a good guy,” said Mohammad Yousuf, a cabdriver who prayed with Mr. Ullah at the mosque. “I can’t believe he would do anything like this.”

This is the typical response every time an Islamic terrorist attacker[s] is/are identified but the authorities do not have any clue what is the ultimate root cause thus no effective preventive strategies are raised to ensure it do not happen again.

Mr. Ullah made some statements, e.g.
According to several law enforcement officials, Mr. Ullah said he set off the bomb in retaliation for American airstrikes in Syria and elsewhere, targeting members of the Islamic State, or ISIS.

These excuses are actually red-herrings and hide the real ultimate root causes.

A detailed and accurate research will uncover the ultimate root cause of such terrible jihadists attacks are driven by the ethos of the religion itself, which is partly very malignant.

The authorities must take steps of understand it is the religion of Islam itself [partly] which has evil laden verses that inspire evil prone believers [SOME - a pool of 300 millions :o ] to commit such terrible acts of evil.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Re: “He was a good guy”

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 pm

He was "good" in their eyes because he fought against the defenceless. Its just a word they use differently.

I was a journalist embedded with Hezbollah in 2002. They didn't know I am half Jewish. They drove me around Southern Lebanon and stopped at all kinds of huge billboards in the middle of nowhere by means of which a great number of 8-ish year olds who had blown themselves up to kill Jews were "honoured" (another word they use differently). They were very proud to give me these photo ops with their noble accomplishments. I had to work hard not to vomit.

Isam is essentially scornful of human lives, especially of women and children's lives. But this can be seen as a good thing, from within islam.
It is in any case the opposite to knightly or warriors honour, which is to fight for women and children. Of course a lot of "men" are just so weak that they prefer to kill 8 year olds and beat women. These people founded a religion.

Its a matter of standards.
"he was doing great work, he had already killed 300 infidel children, the infidels are so evil for reprimanding him!"
A new day, new dawn.../A grasshopper jumps and makes /The fresh dew scatter
- Pezer
http://beforethelight.forumotion.com - Tree of Life Academy
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Prismatic567 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 am

Fixed Cross wrote:He was "good" in their eyes because he fought against the defenceless. Its just a word they use differently.

Islam is essentially scornful of human lives, especially of women and children's lives. But this can be seen as a good thing, from within islam.
It is in any case the opposite to knightly or warriors honour, which is to fight for women and children. Of course a lot of "men" are just so weak that they prefer to kill 8 year olds and beat women. These people founded a religion.

"he was doing great work, he had already killed 300 infidel children, the infidels are so evil for reprimanding him!"
I believe the person who stated “He was a good guy” was relying on general and universal human values, not Islamic values. An attempt to kill innocent people is abominable evil within universal human values.

I believe the person who stated “He was a good guy” is not a 'good' [fully compliant] Muslim because he has failed to understand the real ethos of Islam in the Quran.

Within the real ethos of Islam, killing innocent people if for the cause of Allah is a "good" act and these people will be rewarded and greatly rewarded if they are martyred.

This why it is so critical for authorities and masses to understand within the ethos of Islam what is "good" [certain] as a divine duty for all Muslims to comply with is actually evil in accordance to universal human values.
It is critical for the authorities to expose this misconception and take corrective actions.

I wonder how many posters here understand what is "good" for Muslims as sanction in the Quran by Allah are actually in reality very "evil" by universal human values?
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Prismatic567 wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:He was "good" in their eyes because he fought against the defenceless. Its just a word they use differently.

Islam is essentially scornful of human lives, especially of women and children's lives. But this can be seen as a good thing, from within islam.

I believe the person who stated “He was a good guy” was relying on general and universal human values, not Islamic values. An attempt to kill innocent people is abominable evil within universal human values.

I believe the person who stated “He was a good guy” is not a 'good' [fully compliant] Muslim because he has failed to understand the real ethos of Islam in the Quran.

Within the real ethos of Islam, killing innocent people if for the cause of Allah is a "good" act and these people will be rewarded and greatly rewarded if they are martyred.

This why it is so critical for authorities and masses to understand within the ethos of Islam what is "good" [certain] as a divine duty for all Muslims to comply with is actually evil in accordance to universal human
values.
It is critical for the authorities to expose this misconception and take corrective actions.

I wonder how many posters here understand what is "good" for Muslims as sanction in the Quran by Allah are actually in reality very "evil" by universal human values?

K: and please enlighten us as to what are "universal human values"
and we can begin to discuss the matter....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Return to Religion and Spirituality