End of the World

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: End of the World

Postby Ierrellus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Arminius,
If organic and inorganic matter are part of a cycle it becomes difficult to suggest which comes first or does one cause the other. It is probable, if the 1950s experiment to produce life is accurate, that life began on Earth with the coming of an atmosphere that could sustain it. The 50s experiment, in which chemicals supposed to comprise Earth's early atmosphere were brought together, produced amino acids. What is important to me is how these chemicals "know" what to become. If their activities were simply automatic. i.e., it is what is does, this makes a reasonable case for the Anthropic Principle.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Irrellus, ill take up the slack here, not with standing , just to add a formal ingredient into this mix.

The question of knowledge may not only suggest an equally nebulous concept of consciousness, but entropy, decay may be the progenitors of the minutest elements of what such concepts may become from a potential formative basis.

Consciousness and knowledge too, may be understood in continual conjunctive relation, but as such they may be overlapping processes , where the more overlap the more signification.

There is no insignificant knowledge , and that is why we are calling conscious knowing a qualification to it. But that may imply that automatic action reaction type inorganic behavior we-differentiate, the difference between the built in automatic and willful .

In fact there is no contradiction , only a narrowly defined band in a spectrum of larger bands, if the analogy is appropriate.

In this scheme there is no difference between a thing defined by what it does , or one that is what it is by virtue of how it does it, and more likely is the evolution of attributing increasing inner causation to previous outer ones.

When this last frontier between inner and outer melts away, then the picture becomes clearer.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Ierrellus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:11 pm

If evolution is goal oriented, decay and entropy may amount to necessary shedding of no longer necessary parts of a given program. Of course this assumes a lot. It assumes that there is a goal that extends beyond the facts of individual organisms or a larger teleology than that which determines the growth and development of individual organisms, which puts us in the realm of the religions that claim there can be eternal life.
It seems that we humans are constructed to adapt to certain environments and that there is no inner need that is without an outer source of supply. I think about this condition when I contemplate God. We were made to survive. Something out there wants us to.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:24 pm

I often think to myself humanity is destined to destroy itself and there is nothing that is going to stop this even a fictional contrived God won't. ^^^
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic

Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:I often think to myself humanity is destined to destroy itself and there is nothing that is going to stop this even a fictional contrived God won't. ^^^

But a real God might intervene.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby dan25 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Ierrellus wrote:A recent t.v. program showed a mile long patch of plastic debris floating in the Pacific Ocean.
There are over 7 billion people living on a globe that has limited natural resources.
"This is the way the world ends==
Not with a bang, but a whimper." --T. S. Eliot
How do you think the world will end? Or d0 you see the concern as just some religious or political propaganda?
Will science save us from ourselves? Can religion?

World War III, socio-economic collapse, and the desperate attempt at trying to preserve modern technological infrastructure at great costs to the natural environment.

Will religion or science save us? No, they're both the biggest problem and orchestrator of all this. World would be better off without each.

The world would be better off without science??
Without science we would still be living in caves, struggling to survive like wild animals....
I agree that religion has caused many problems.
dan25

Postby dan25 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Homo sapiens will become extinct sooner or later.
Even if we collonise other space-masses, life as we know it will become impossible with the heat-death of the universe...
dan25

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality