Feast Day "Our Lady of the Rosary"

Few people are aware of the genesis of the Feast Day … “Our Lady of the Rosary”.

It is the fruit of a Clash of Civilizations … West vs East … the Battle of Lepanto fought off the shores of Greece. Some argue it triggered a seismic shift in the flow of history … leading to the world we know today.

Begs the question … are we witnessing the same Clash of Civilizations today? … Will the outcome be the same? … a seismic shift in the flow of human history?

These cultural ‘shifts’ have happened periodically throughout history, and yes… I do also feel it is happening again.

Knowledge is power… even if we have to buy or steal it.

[b]

[/b]

Agreed … the generation of people who witness a seismic shift have no idea how long such shift was in gestation … nor any knowledge of underlying connections between these seismic shifts across time and space.

[b]

[/b]

Reminds me of a few words I heard many years ago … knowledge is power until someone else learns it … at which point your perceived power is !@#$%^.

…how comes many don’t (have no idea) but a few do? what is the underlying factor that separates the two types? I find that those in the first camp are angry and frustrated (at nothing in particular) and those in the second camp are open to others mentally (which the first camp aren’t) but are closed off to others in the physical realm. :-k

…and knowledge… in the wrong hands, only opens the door to wrong-doings and evil mishaps. :laughing:

There is nothing worse than seeing people doing wrong… with good knowledge, for selfish gain. Weren’t we supposed to have evolved out of this a long time ago? way to keep other life forms at bay… by keeping us riff raff. =D>

Coming out of Bank Station… from the Bank of England exit… that opens up onto Lombard Street, I always felt that something bad had happened there… to someone. My thoughts refuse to focus, and I simply stop functioning… because I can’t, but I’m fine with all the other Bank Station exits but that one. :neutral_face:

30 years later, I meet a new acquaintance for lunch there, and I can’t focus or stop my mind wandering and wondering as to what it is I keep picking up on and feeling, when in Lombard Street… so I finally look it up… after 30 years, to find that an Italian wool merchant had been horribly killed… in the 1300s… on Lombard Street, because he would have brokered a deal that would have put the UK wool industry out of business and therefore out of pocket i.e. no pocket.

He was brutally murdered… as a lesson to others?
One of the EU officials said (on the news the other day) that they were making Brexit as difficult as possible for us, so that other countries would not follow suit when they see the games that the EU are prepared to play in order to put us off following through with it… their paychecks must be high. :open_mouth: Did you think we would make it easy for you to leave, he said!

[b]

[/b]

Perhaps the universe maintains a perfect mix of both groups … so the script can unfold as planned. :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

We did intellectually … evolve out of this thing … but we haven’t evolved out of our body with it’s primordial instincts … yet! :slight_smile:

Fascinating experience … thanks for sharing. You may already know I’m passionately Socratic and Confucian … ergo experience is my teacher … words play a tertiary role.

Have you figured out what this particular experience is trying to teach you?

Let me look into my crystal ball. :slight_smile:

1. You had a previous incarnation in the time frame around this event.

2. Your interpretation of the event points to your life’s purpose … ergo … get to the front of the bus and help navigate.

Mags … the above comments are intended to be playful and provocative only. :slight_smile: