Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?
We can think. God cannot.
We can reproduce true. God cannot.
We can have many children. God cannot.
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not.
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
We do not torture babies. God does.
We believe in freedom. God does not.
Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from His Father.

You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, both intellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew like Jesus was. Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him before Christianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War.

Islam would be a better religion today if that had not forced Mohammad to change from a loving God to a God or War so as to fight fire with fire. Thanks Christians for Islam. Pardon the digression.

Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes … r_embedded

Regards
DL

No. Your reasoning is flawed.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Thanks for showing your hate.

Chastisement without correction shows that you have no argument against the notion and shows that it is your reasoning, and morals, that are flawed.

Regards
DL

Oh, you want me to do your reasoning for you, think for you in essence. Fine.

Since you made statements that you probably can’t back up with evidence…God cannot blah, blah, blah, God kills ( as if that’s all he does), God does (tortures babies), God does not believe in freedom. These statements without supporting evidence are flawed for they provide no reasoning, therefore your reasoning is flawed.

I can do the same thing of making statements without evidence.
God thinks in terms of eternity, we think in terms of tomorrow.
God did reproduce making us in his image.
God cannot kill himself, so no one could be placed above his life.
God cures and kills.
God does not torture babies, but men and women do by raping them, neglecting them, abusing them, abandoning them, and passing on diseases and deformities to them.
God believes in freedom so he gave you an imagination to think anything and be anywhere. God also gave you a soul, a part of his being like holy DnA, that is immortal so you can live many different lifetimes and be angry with him as long as your hearts content.

Thanks for this. Now let us see if we can discuss without lying to each other.

You said that God does not torture babies.

I give you that he drowned babies in Noah’s flood and that most consider drowning another as torture, and that God also tortured king David’s baby for 6 days before finally killing it.

Do you stand by your statement?

Regards
DL

Killing is killing. Torture is torture.

Quote the Bible, where God tortured King David’s baby for six days.

Also you failed to address man’s torturous ways, are you in denial of man’s nastiness?

God did a great work of good today in my area of the USA, he placed a convenient cloud cover over the eclipse so that people who had no eclipse glasses and looked up anyways wouldn’t burn their retinas. I thanked God for that mercy.

I viewed the solar eclipse today. It was stunning even though it was only about 71 percent.
The clouds seemed to move in and out - sometimes covering it mostly not.

If your neck of the woods was so cloudly, how do you explain the fact that God did not work the same wonder in a great many other areas?
Someone once asked me ~ “Does God play favorites”? :evilfun:

But information, facts, warnings can be quite wonderful especially if one does not have Solar glasses.
“Don’t Look Up”.

Yes, God plays favorites. Satan plays favorites too. Whose favorite are you?

Not at all.

Why does your God create us to be so nasty?

As to that King David story, if I have to fetch it for you, then which of the many bibles do you use, and why have you not read it?

You also ignored the tortured by drowning babies in Noah’s day so I do not think you are ready for an honest look at your beliefs.

This link speaks of David’s child’s murder.

vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL

Well for starters, my beliefs are with God, my relationship with God is direct. When God recommends portions of the Bible, I read them and he uses current examples in my life to explain the passages. Thanks for trying to instruct me, but I learn from the source of all that is directly in His time, not my own or your own.

The Old Testament was about one side of God’s nature, his unhappiness with mankind. The New Testament, the latest covenant with God, is about the other side of God’s nature, happiness reserved for all mankind who value Peace, Love, and Joy above all else. So God can be very angry or very happy with the choices mankind makes.

That vimeo clip was very weird with Jews arguing over the OT when they worship the Torah/Talmud. Practicing Jews do not question God or deny God so it was a twisted take on Jewish beliefs.

You choose to be nasty.

I believe this to include a deceptively suggestive use of the word “CanNOT”. while true, one could choose to include “God Can.” instead of “God Cannot.”… Similarly the remainder of the ‘GOd ____’ can be negated.

I am not surprised that you do not want to speak of your God’s immoral ways.

Seems we are done here.

Regards
DL

Strange diction.

As to God can.
I cannot prove that God can do anything any more than I can prove that God cannot do anything. That is a pointless point of discussion that ends nowhere.

The morals and capable aspects that scriptures show can be discussed though to an end point for us though.

Regards
DL

You wanted your freedom, well you have it to be as nasty as you want and since you are a man who is greater than God in His image your nastiness can surpass His own. But it would be preferable for you to model Jesus’ behavior…it’s your choice.
BTW, you are an immortal being too so this grudge you harbor against God can be eternal if you have nothing better to do.

You wanted your freedom, well you have it to be as nasty as you want and since you are a man who is greater than God in His image your nastiness can surpass His own. But it would be preferable for you to model Jesus’ behavior…it’s your choice.
BTW, you are an immortal being too so this grudge you harbor against God can be eternal if you have nothing better to do.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Regards
DL

I would probably be more Satan’s favorite. lol You asked.

I don’t think that your God plays favorites Wendy.
We just seem to experience this at times because we need to realize that we are special. We need to realize that someone is paying close attention to us. It might also be because we do feel so close to a God. ~ have such an inner experience of this God.
There was a time when I felt this way but it was because of my upbringing or a lack of it in a way lol.
I needed love, attention, caring, understanding. I needed to feel special. I was a mess. :evilfun:
It’s called compensation.

It’s only human.

We don’t yet have terraforming which God had, nor all the other things that he had.

you sure seem to think that this is a worthy and cohesive enough theory to place in this category instead of in the sandbox or the ranthouse where it would actually belong.

Personally, I think that a better place for this would be Psychology and Mind.
Clearly, we find it quite difficult to accept the fact that it is We ourselves who inflict pain and torture on others.

We silly humans do not like to take responsibility for our despicable actions. We don’t even like to take responsibility for our good actions. It all belongs to a God albeit it is a good thing to be grateful.
But can we not just be grateful…unless there is a actual person to be grateful for.
As Jonathan Livingston Seagull spoke the words:

“Jonathan sighed. The price of being misunderstood, he thought. They call you devil or they call you god.”
― Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull