Why there is belief in an afterlife

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:The universe and existence "remembers" everything. A single human does not. If you want proof of this then just dig around in the dirt a little bit. Fossils, bones, sediment, life and death are cycles of Nature. To believe in "one life" and "the afterlife" simply reeks of judeo-christian indoctrination and childishness. It's immature and unwise. The pagans were more accurate and true. Christianity in particular fears death so much that average humans cannot deal with that. Humanity cannot accept "one lifetime", so invented the ideal, the dream world, the nihilistic compulsion, that "we all get to live again in paradise".

It's obviously false, but, too appealing for the slave castes to let go. Hence you types are addicted to the notion that "I get to live again and again and again". You don't. You get one lifetime. And if you fuck it up, then that's the end of it. You don't have a sense of morality. Because if you did have a sense of morality, then you would begin to see and realize how important it is, "if" you have one lifetime. Consider the idea. You have one lifetime, and so does everybody else. Can you then realize how powerful decisions are in life? That you affect others, and are affected by others?

You go drunk driving, "just one time", and kill somebody? You destroyed a lifetime. No resets. No "afterlife".

End your christian-jewish nihilistic tendencies!!! You are immoral to believe in "after life" and fantasy worlds! It's absolutely immoral to believe in these judeo-christian notions of abrahamic god, that "god" takes care of everything for you. That you are not responsible for yourself, your life, your actions.

It's complete cowardice and decadence. The opposite of "morality". This is why christianity-judaism-islam are all nihilistic inversions. They claim to be moral, but they are all, at heart, deeply immoral and irresponsible.


nonsense. All classical music stemmed from christian romanticism and fantasy delusions of a better world. Fantasy is how whites gain their power.

second of all, you have no idea whether or not we die or live. if we were born for no reason without asking to be born, you are expecting eternity to give us an infinite amount of nothing and some how preventing a birthing from ever happening again. Where is all this infinite force required to stop events that casually happen?

thirdly, a belief where we only have one life is the most nihilistic one of all, what incentive is there to have a family or contribute to this shitty planet at all if you are never gonna have to experience its shittiness for more than one finite moment? in a paradox kind of world where everyone only has one life, but is living in separate, paradoxial informations sets where none will ever intersect with the other, a kind of paradox solipism, of which hypothetical babies will be born which for all an intents and purposes, are not conscious, have never been conscious/will never be conscious and yet are at the same time, conscious according to themselves and according to themselves you are not conscious nor never will be/never have been.

fourthly, the thing i agree is that most christians suck and are hypocrits and suck at the scientific method because they put faith over observation.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Wendy wrote:
You science types make your definitions and then dont acknowledge when they fail to represent reality. What is the clinical definition of brain
death s57? Now you are going to reject your sciences definitions as being wrong? If everything science and non science is wrong is anything right

Wendy please understand that science is primarily an inductive discipline which means that it deals in probable truth rather than absolute truth
When something is found to be wrong it is corrected as that is how science advances but errors are inevitable because scientists are only human
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Philosophy is personal to me cuz I live mine. You don't get to decide what it means to be drunk when you are inebriated. Buzzed is drunk now, but back in my 20's that wasn't the definition of too drunk to drive.

You're questioning my moral compunction, as if I do not take account nor stock in my decisions in life? How else could I hold the view that I have, or make these points, on a mere whim? Ideals do reflect those that hold them. And even morality is a form of idealism, the want and desire to take control of your own life and choices. Not everybody is powerful in this regard, spiritually.

I questioned your ability to be forthright first and you failed my test. If you take responsibility for your decisions why not say what they were and how you've learned? Instead you deflect as if I will hide my truth like you.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wendy wrote:
You science types make your definitions and then dont acknowledge when they fail to represent reality. What is the clinical definition of brain
death s57? Now you are going to reject your sciences definitions as being wrong? If everything science and non science is wrong is anything right

Wendy please understand that science is primarily an inductive discipline which means that it deals in probable truth rather than absolute truth
When something is found to be wrong it is corrected as that is how science advances but errors are inevitable because scientists are only human

Answer the question...enough with the excuses that you use as your evidence when it fits your purposes rather than reality.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:nonsense. All classical music stemmed from christian romanticism and fantasy delusions of a better world. Fantasy is how whites gain their power.

You lack understanding. Musical ideals and theories can become realized through practice and performance. Ideal becomes real. Nihilistic ideals have no realization. There is no making the "afterlife" real. That is nonsense.



Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:second of all, you have no idea whether or not we die or live. if we were born for no reason without asking to be born, you are expecting eternity to give us an infinite amount of nothing and some how preventing a birthing from ever happening again. Where is all this infinite force required to stop events that casually happen?

It's obvious whether we live or die. You're the one "without an idea" about that. Are you seriously implying to me that you don't know the difference between life or death?



Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:thirdly, a belief where we only have one life is the most nihilistic one of all,

lol no


Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:what incentive is there to have a family or contribute to this shitty planet at all if you are never gonna have to experience its shittiness for more than one finite moment?

Sex feels pleasurable, to fuck a woman, as the instinctive instigation that forces men to chase after women. The results, the aftermath, the responsibility of childbirth and weening, is ingrained in female genetics (XX chromosome pair).



Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:in a paradox kind of world where everyone only has one life, but is living in separate, paradoxial informations sets where none will ever intersect with the other, a kind of paradox solipism, of which hypothetical babies will be born which for all an intents and purposes, are not conscious, have never been conscious/will never be conscious and yet are at the same time, conscious according to themselves and according to themselves you are not conscious nor never will be/never have been.

fourthly, the thing i agree is that most christians suck and are hypocrits and suck at the scientific method because they put faith over observation.

It seems to me that you're merely complaining about your own life's lack of meaning, value, and purpose. But as I said elsewhere, your lack of value does not account for others. Being male, you have no choice but to create your own value in life, or don't. Remain valueless. Males have this "choice". Females are born with inherent value (manifest as sexual attractiveness). As you admitted already, males are not really sexually attractive. At least, not as women are. It's categorically different. No "equality" involved.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Instead you deflect as if I will hide my truth like you.

I deflect because your "point" sucks and is an inferior argument. It's not really an "argument" at all.

It's an ad hom fallacy. And I don't mind using fallacies against the fallacious. You started it.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:18 pm

So it's okay for you to throw your fallacious judgy labels around, but not to live up to your own high standards? You are morally inferior to your truly. :evilfun: :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Perhaps.

Have you been judged unfairly? Or did something I say ring all too true?
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Unfairly, as a God believing, nihilist which for some reason doesn't make any sense to me. I shouldn't have read all those different definitions.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Oh, you are most definitely morally inferior, but you are still young and have time to make amends and redeem yourself. :evilfun: :wink:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Ultimate Philosophy wrote:
a belief where we only have one life is the most nihilistic one of all

The universe was in existence for over 13 billion years before we came along so the rules were already long in place. And if you dont like them there is not much
you can do about it. The Second Law Of Thermodynamics isnt going to magically disappear just because you want to live forever. For that is not the way it works

Having just one life should make you appreciate it more not less so stop your moaning and go do something before its too late

There is no reason to be afraid of death once your life ends since you cannot experience death anyway even if you wanted to

Also how do you know that you would have a better life just because you could live for longer or for ever
You could end up living a worse life than the one you have now so be grateful you only have one after all
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Wendy wrote:
Answer the question enough with the excuses that you use as your evidence when it fits your purposes rather than reality

Science is not perfect as it sometimes gets it wrong and I am not making excuses here so I hope you are happy with this
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 pm

So, let me get this straight, you believe in the scientific proofs enough to call my beliefs non-realistic based on what science verifies, but not enough to quote what's verified when asked, when it matters to a discussion? That's dishonesty there Bub.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Wendy wrote:
So let me get this straight you believe in the scientific proofs enough to call my beliefs non realistic based on what science
verifies but not enough to quote what is verified when asked when it matters to a discussion? That is dishonesty there Bub

What is entirely non realistic is the notion of astral projection which you very clearly believe in and for what there is no scientific evidence at all
What is more realistic is the notion of consciousness surviving in some form after brain death even though science currently has no answer for this
There is no dishonesty here at all Wendy since I will accept anything as being true if there is actual evidence for it regardless of what it actually is
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Wendy wrote:
So let me get this straight you believe in the scientific proofs enough to call my beliefs non realistic based on what science
verifies but not enough to quote what is verified when asked when it matters to a discussion? That is dishonesty there Bub

What is entirely non realistic is the notion of astral projection which you very clearly believe in and for what there is no scientific evidence at all
What is more realistic is the notion of consciousness surviving in some form after brain death even though science currently has no answer for this
There is no dishonesty here at all Wendy since I will accept anything as being true if there is actual evidence for it regardless of what it actually is

Anecdotal evidence based on testimony is a valid part of the scientific method. There is a great deal of anecdotal evidence regarding astral projection particularly in the cases of near death experiences. You are quite wrong that there is no evidence regarding astral projection and quite dishonest in what you consider valid scientific evidence.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 am

Wendy wrote:
Anecdotal evidence based on testimony is a valid part of the scientific method. There is a great deal of anecdotal evidence regarding astral
projection particularly in the cases of near death experiences. You are quite wrong that there is no evidence regarding astral projection and
quite dishonest in what you consider valid scientific evidence

This is completely wrong. In science there is no such thing as anecdotal evidence. Personal testimony that cannot be verified is not scientific
Anything that only happens within the mind cannot be scientifically validated as it cannot be independently observed. So there can never be
evidence for astral projection or any other purely mental experience
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:22 am

So there can never be evidence for astral projection or any other purely mental experience

=D> You may have just proven that you are not conscious. :evilfun: :wink:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 am

I should also say not being able to provide evidence for some thing does
not mean it is not true but evidence is the only way to determine if it is
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 am

In science there is no such thing as anecdotal evidence. Personal testimony that cannot be verified is not scientific

When compared to other types of evidence, anecdotal evidence is generally regarded as limited in value due to a number of potential weaknesses, but may be considered within the scope of scientific method as some anecdotal evidence can be both empirical and verifiable, e.g. in the use of case studies in medicine.

Near death experiences are case studies in the field of medicine. BOOYAH! Smacked down! :evilfun: :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 am

Wendy wrote:
Near death experiences are case studies in the field of medicine

That may be so but the personal testimony of those who claim to have had them does not constitute evidence since
it cannot be verified independently. Now science can still investigate it but it just can not establish any conclusions
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:29 am

No, it can provide a statistical baseline of what is typical. You need to read Wiki with more discernment. :evilfun: :wink:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:00 am

Wendy wrote:
No it can provide a statistical baseline of what is typical

Yes it can but it is not evidence because it is purely a mental experience
A statistical baseline for it is good but it cannot be regarded as scientific
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 am

How is it purely a mental experience separate from the brain when you say that that is not possible? You need to pick a side and stay on it.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby surreptitious57 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:19 am

Wendy wrote:
How is it purely a mental experience separate from the brain when you say that that is not possible

Near Death means the patient is still alive so it is not a mental experience separate from the brain
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Why there is belief in an afterlife

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am

Many of the patients are pronounced dead but return from death, but this is where your honesty stops for six minutes after the heart stops without the aid of CPR and brain death is pronounced, if someone returns naturally without said CPR, science had the number of minutes wrong. That's what you'll say, science didn't have that right.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7453
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users