I don't know

Three simple words “I don’t know”.

One fairly common wisdom I have heard is to be able to say “I don’t know”… or perhaps restated… to not be afraid to say “I Don’t know”.

I think of these words as they may apply to the workplace - I worry that these words may have a specific end in mind - namely, to save time. (If I don’t know something, who would want the unconfident alternative?)

I question the wisdom of using both these words. I question the words themselves, I question the order of the words, and I question phrase as a whole.

I take a step back and think religiously, particularly about two of the words - “Know” and “Don’t”

I think of “Carnal Knowledge”. I think of the word “Knew” as it applied to Adam and Eve.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnal_knowledge

Genesis 4:1

“And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord”

I think of the word “Don’t”. I think about how the words “Do” and “Don’t” are a commonplace. We can take these words innocently and apply them to the idea at hand. I’ve vaguely recall reading articles in the form of “Do’s” and “Don’ts”.

I think of weddings, and I think of the phrase “I Do”. I think of how it may be useful to simplify things to the ideas of "DO and "Don’t> - Be it a task at hand, or within a marriage. I think of the word “Do” to imply a commitment, in this religious sense. To “Do” something may be taken to mean that one has made a commitment to something (I question the wisdom of qualifying the word “Do” - At the end of the day I think this may come from a want, be it of said task)

Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.”

I understand how this can manifest in terms of “I want ____” or “I don’t want ____”.

Back to the point - An innocent opposite to the word “Do” - the word “Don’t”. I fear it can be mistakenly taken to mean “I commit to not doing that”.

Now back to the phrase “I don’t know”.

I take this, religiously, to potentially mean “I do not commit to sexual intercourse”.

This can be viewed at sacrifice - “I don’t want to impose sex when it is not wanted”
This can be viewed at service - I’m not a priest, however, I believe one can begin to understand a priestly nature of this phrase.

However, these words, as they can be applied to the bible - In my opinion, attacks not only innocence, but life.

I think of a couple of innocent purposes regarding marriage, or perhaps monogomy.

Questions I believe marriage may be intended to address:

Did she give birth to my seed?
Will he help me rear the children?

I fear that using the words “I don’t know” can be misconstrued into “I commit to not wanting sex” or “I don’t have to have sex with my partner”

I do believe that life is good, and that we, humans, ought to know.

As far as “Knowing” and “Doing” are concerned, as it applies to man and woman, I think that supposing a mismatched desire for sex (the man wanting it more frequently than the woman), a man can keep in mind the lack of want, and request sex less frequently. I think a woman can keep in mind the naturally increased (shall I say Sex at Need?) and acquiesce.

It’s a gender reconciled sacrifice, and potentially intends to a frequency. I would recommend that this mindset is not exploited to take advantage of ones partner. “I can get more for sex” meets “Let’s have sex 24/7/365” - I don’t want this power struggle,

I am aware this point has been made on these boards before :slight_smile: Although, I have yet to dig for the thread(s).

As it pertains to “I don’t know” - With a sexually reconciliatory intent, I am rightly inclined to respond with either “I Don’t” or perhaps quietly to myself with a question - “How Often?”

I think I pushed a wrong button