The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is t

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards
DL

Because no one respects Jesus. Not even most of the people who identify as Christians. Its a total joke man. Have you ever been into or around a church and met any of these people?

You could be right.

I do know quite a few religious as I was born into a catholic family but was always bothered by the supernatural aspect of Christianity as well as the really poor morality I saw in their ideology.

I find the way most believe in a God to be a joke, especially given the immorality of the tenets of most supernaturally based religions.

You would think that if people wanted a God, they would want a moral one.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation.

Regards
DL

They want one that serves their interests.

That is likely true and Jesus is not the one, given that the church does not really preach the way to seek God that Jesus taught.

Ever hear a church quote these? I have not.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I do not really mind if Christians reject Jesus as not serving their interests, given the immoral tenets that Jesus/Yahweh give us to live by.

No divorce, discriminate against gays and women without a just cause etc.

Regards
DL

Evidently, you slept too often during weekday and Sunday Masses. :laughing:
They are all part of the liturgy at different times.

Don’t be too sure of that!
Go back to church someday and listen, pay attention. Depending on just who the priest is, you could very well here the same kind of preaching and message.

Let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
There are a great many good Christians and Muslims I am sure who Christ would have recognized as his own.
But there are ALSO a great many who Christ would probably not have recognized.

Is it possible that some of the things you write in here are not necessarily what you see and feel but just simply come-ons?

If not, you need to learn to see a greater picture. We all do. :mrgreen:

I believe the continent of South America counts about a hundred million Jesuses.
Granted, this is still far short of Mohammed. But add all the Marias, male and female, and you’re probably half way. Relative to the population, that is about right.

The real question here is why no European is calling their sons Achilles, Agamemnon or or Odysseus.

Will you be putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak, in the near future, Jakob? :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Christians and Muslims would know that to be a Christian or Muslim is to contribute to the harm that Christianity and Islam do and they would leave those immoral religions, so I disagree with you when you say there are good Christians and Muslims.

Good people do not contribute to immoral religions or stay in them.

Regards
DL

Groupthink.

Exactly.

It is like saying that some of Hitler’s S S were good people.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

I don’t think of religions as being immoral per se but just the actions of some who do not exercise right morals and ethics. Of course, that doesn’t mean that some of the traditions and practices are not harmful BUT
Look to the INDIVIDUALS!

If you would abolish all religions, than what happens to your beliefs, your ideology?

I’m just about being a pagan myself lol but even a pagan can indulge in horrific acts. Not me though. lol

Unfortunately or fortunately, human beings need something to worship, need a vehicle with which to worship.

What do you propose that human beings do in lieu of religion - after they have all been abolished?
Do we all hang out in some park and worship trees, hug the trees. I don’t know how much I would like that kind of congestion going on.

Again, you are throwing the baby out with the dirty water.

Well, religions do bind up those individuals in a good way too. I wonder how humanity would change if it were not for things as religion, the Ten Commandments, etc.
Religions can be a positive guiding for many. I realize they can also be destructive within the wrong hands and minds.

Regarde!!

Personally speaking, I am NOT the borg or the herd.

So you find a lack of people named Jesus today and you conclude that the worshipers of Jesus who hold him up on a pedestal as the poster boy for morality and unconditional love have no respect for him?

The 10 commandments are garbage as compared to a moral ideology.

As to overall good or evil. My scale say that the evil side is heavier than the good side.

If your scale goes the other way and sees more good than harm, then you must like division instead of unity, war instead of peace and homophobia and misogyny instead of equality for all.

Regards
DL

Yet you seem to advocate for religions that can be described herd or tribes.

Regards
DL

In terms of passing down the name, yes.

What unconditional love are you speaking of?

The love I see coming out of Jesus/Yahweh has many conditions.

The 10 commandments has been mentioned so there are 10 conditions from the get go.

If it was unconditional love, we would all end in heaven. Right?

It is not doing those conditions that has Yahweh/Jesus send us to hell. Right?

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am wrote:

A moral God?
Can there really be any such reality?
Moral is a word which describes humans, not a God.

But who has known the Mind of God?

But according to the bible, Christ was both moral and ethical. Try reading the gospels and you may remember. I recall you saying that you were once a catholic, like myself.

Have you forgotten?

Of all the biblical laws and commandments, the Ten Commandments alone are said to have been “written with the finger of God” (Exodus 31:18). The stone tablets were placed in the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 25:21, Deuteronomy 10:2,5).

1. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
  2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
  3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
  4. Honor your father and your mother.
  5. You shall not kill.
  6. You shall not commit adultery.
  7. You shall not steal.
  8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink it.

How immoral can a religion be which constructed such a moral/ethical code?
Again, look to the INDIVIDUAL!

You can look on them as conditions but they can also be seen as guiding posts which can light one’s way.

Personally, I do not believe in a heaven or a hell but tell me, if you have children, I would hope that you love them unconditionally but what does unconditional mean to you? That there is not to be taught that actions/behavior have consequences? The word discipline means teaching - hopefully in a loving caring way.

Ought not there to be any discipline despite the unconditional love?
Often parents who feel this way have children who land up in trouble, in prisons, because they do not realize that for every action, there is another action.

Again, I do, as well as look at the religion that the collective of individuals created. It is the religious who kill, not the religion. The religion is just used to justify it with it’s immoral ideology.

Those 10 commandments are plagiarized from older traditions and are far from a moral ideology.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0[/youtube]

Regards
DL