The only savior man has is himself

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: The only savior man has is himself

Postby Some Guy in History » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:09 pm

Greatest I am wrote:^^

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

Now say something that is actually true and not just an insult cleverly disguised as truth.

Behind the mask is nothing; just an ideal, an idea, a hope. It is undying, impossible to hide. Anonymity isn't something you feign or pretend at, it's where your life takes you as you walk down a road you had no choice but to walk down. The mask isn't something to hide behind, nor a cover for a visage burned, but what the world forces you to wear to become their version of you.
Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby Greatest I am » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:^^

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

Now say something that is actually true and not just an insult cleverly disguised as truth.

My reply is the same one I gave you on that other O.P.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Postby Some Guy in History » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Yeah, oh well. I guess I really should have listened to people years ago when they told me people like you weren't worth wasting my time on. I actually thought I could make a difference. I see now what they meant by stupid childish ideals. If I had just given them up and gave in, I could have had a job and a family, everything I wanted in life. I guess it makes sense that I'm a homeless drug addict with delusions of grandeur, spouting insanities as if they actually meant anything. I guess I just couldn't see what they were saying at the time. All my 'greatest works' amounted to was a bunch of work on my self involving violence against others, rage, countless insults against those smarter than me for seeing so clearly what I couldn't while I tried to feed them what I believed to be important. I think it was even stupider of me to expect to benefit from such garbage, too.

It's all good, though, I'm so insane that I believe the possibility of my entire existence in eternity being fucked up. And they can't even prove that reincarnation exists. I'm not right in the head, man. Talking about so many things that don't exist. Getting so fired up as if... ya know, it's the drugs. I get carried away like this these days. I should have tried forcing myself to come up with the real wisdom that you and others perform. It tears mine right to pieces.

Behind the mask is nothing; just an ideal, an idea, a hope. It is undying, impossible to hide. Anonymity isn't something you feign or pretend at, it's where your life takes you as you walk down a road you had no choice but to walk down. The mask isn't something to hide behind, nor a cover for a visage burned, but what the world forces you to wear to become their version of you.
Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby Some Guy in History » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:06 pm

It turns out that I am way better at sarcasm than a lot of you.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 pm

eaglerising wrote:Man’s inability or unwillingness to accept complete and total responsibility for himself causes him to believe in a savior outside himself. Being completely and totally responsible for himself is unacceptable to him because he wouldn’t be able to blame something or someone for his thoughts and actions. It is easier and more comforting to believe in a savior outside himself, regardless of what it is called.

Likewise, he doesn’t realize the only one who can change or resolve the problems he created, is himself. Furthermore, his uniqueness prevents anyone from saving him, because he is the only one who has the solution to the problems he created. Denial of his responsibility perpetuates the illusion of an external savor.

Which man are you talking about? Is he capable of all that by his lonesome?

A saviour is only someone who brings men together.
Thunderbolt steers all things.

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:Yeah, oh well. I guess I really should have listened to people years ago when they told me people like you weren't worth wasting my time on. I actually thought I could make a difference. I see now what they meant by stupid childish ideals. If I had just given them up and gave in, I could have had a job and a family, everything I wanted in life. I guess it makes sense that I'm a homeless drug addict with delusions of grandeur, spouting insanities as if they actually meant anything. I guess I just couldn't see what they were saying at the time. All my 'greatest works' amounted to was a bunch of work on my self involving violence against others, rage, countless insults against those smarter than me for seeing so clearly what I couldn't while I tried to feed them what I believed to be important. I think it was even stupider of me to expect to benefit from such garbage, too.

It's all good, though, I'm so insane that I believe the possibility of my entire existence in eternity being fucked up. And they can't even prove that reincarnation exists. I'm not right in the head, man. Talking about so many things that don't exist. Getting so fired up as if... ya know, it's the drugs. I get carried away like this these days. I should have tried forcing myself to come up with the real wisdom that you and others perform. It tears mine right to pieces.

Reincarnation? Pffft.

Hebrews 6 King James Version; 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Postby Some Guy in History » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Some Guy in History wrote:Yeah, oh well. I guess I really should have listened to people years ago when they told me people like you weren't worth wasting my time on. I actually thought I could make a difference. I see now what they meant by stupid childish ideals. If I had just given them up and gave in, I could have had a job and a family, everything I wanted in life. I guess it makes sense that I'm a homeless drug addict with delusions of grandeur, spouting insanities as if they actually meant anything. I guess I just couldn't see what they were saying at the time. All my 'greatest works' amounted to was a bunch of work on my self involving violence against others, rage, countless insults against those smarter than me for seeing so clearly what I couldn't while I tried to feed them what I believed to be important. I think it was even stupider of me to expect to benefit from such garbage, too.

Reincarnation? Pffft.

Hebrews 6 King James Version; 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Regards
DL

Instead of arguing with me, you could just have had a conversation along the lines of what I said. What do I care what the bible or the religions say? There have been many incarnations and reincarnations of the bible alone, in Catholicism and Christianity both, let alone the other religious sects falling into the apostasy defined by prophecy and scripture. What do I care what they say when the truth of life and existence is written into each particle of every molecule, cell and atom in existence? How can reincarnation be questioned at all at the point where it has just been reasonable and rationally pointed out that the bible and religion both have reincarnated and did not do so without the hands of others? That right there shreds right through your questioning and probing to describe exactly the process of reincarnation at the same time as provide proof that it exists at least in the capacity shown.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby Greatest I am » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 pm

If you are put new definitions to known and well defined words, you can make up any definition for anything to prove your point.

You win this one buddy.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Postby Some Guy in History » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Greatest I am wrote:If you are put new definitions to known and well defined words, you can make up any definition for anything to prove your point.

You win this one buddy.

Regards
DL

But I'm not making up definitions. And I'm not putting new definitions to well-defined words. If you consider well-defined to be the word bible defined as being a book filled with words of the Holy Word of a deity passed through the hands and mouths of man, yet know yourself to be deceitful, know yourself and the games you yourself play, then you, as well, make up definitions to prove your point; grounded in stupidity; on anything. It defies the term of 'well-defined'. Simple one liners don't sit there and break this down. It does not stop being true, does not stop being able to express itself and explain itself in infinite varying multitude beyond your faulty and short-sighted, dim views.

Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby Greatest I am » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality