Is our debt what we want to leave to our children as their i

Is our debt what we want to leave to our children as their inheritance?

The huge need for debt, primarily from infrastructure cost, — to deal with sea level changes as well as the many other costs desertification will bring, including humanitarian costs, — will not add up to this generation being kind to our future kin, in terms of inheritance.

I was brought up where we were taught to leave a place in a better condition than what we found.

Were you?

Regards
DL

Passing debt off to children is basically child-slavery and or prostitution, selling daughters as sex-slaves. It’s no different.

Being born $100,000 in debt, $1,000,000 or higher, is basically one of the worst things you can do. Call it “immoral” or “evil” if you like.

Now look at the u.s. national debt.

There are many countries in the same position. Shame on us all.

Regards
DL

Morality and Economics in one, can a price tag be put on a life, or a lifetime? It sure can.

The “free world” doesn’t look so free when the debt is shown its numerical value. Maybe someday, in the not-so-distant future, the slave pens and slave auctioning tables will be reopened.

The “free market” is an oxymoron. Everything is for sale, sooner or later it seems.

All these new pressures force our children to eek out their own endowment, beyond what we can bequeath.

We’d all be a lot better off if we produced/consumed a lot less, for our sake and the sake of future generations.

Egos will be the death of everyone.

I agree and see that in Islam that slavery is alive and well.

Regards
DL

People in America who make less than 6 figures are generally slaves as well.

Sure, but they will have to work a lot harder because this generation does not want to do the work of cleaning up the mess we are passing up to them.

Regards
DL

With nearly the whole wealth of the world being owned by just a few people, I would say we are all slaves in a sense.

Some of us are just better kept slaves.

nydailynews.com/news/world/r … -1.2500284

Regards
DL

This is true but if we disrupt the flow too much, we might shoot ourselves in the employment foot.

I think we should stay the course in most products other than the meat industry that is really screwing up the environment. If you have a chance, google the movie Cowspiracy. It is an eye opener.

I think we should continue to consume other non-neat products but bump up the price so that we can reduce our pollution.

Regards
DL

Or the savior, if we can focus on duty and honor.

We mostly never work those into our ego, especially men, who seem to have forgotten their duty to family and the future and the honor of thinking of others that will follow us.

Regards
DL

To DL,

Nowadays I’m linking debt and money with blood, “blood-debt”. It’s not just money. It’s many other factors and choices, consequences and responsibilities, that parents and ancestors pass-off or dump upon further generations. Kicking the can down the road. A woman sluts around and has different children from different dead beat men. Those children grow, suffer, and want somebody to blame in their lives, but remain unfulfilled. The pollution flows downstream. Eventually it will be recycled, but by who and when? Who will pay the final price? Who will bear the final suffering and death, for other people’s irresponsibility?

Blood is the ultimately currency of life. All debts can be reduced to it. All mistakes accounted for, by anybody, anytime, for a lifetime. People do pass on their debts to their unborn.

The ignorance and weakness of every parent, becomes the burden of every child.

Speaking pragmatically, leaving an inheritance for children is the goal, to allow “Privileges” to your children that you-yourself never had but always hoped for.

Ideals, hopes, and dreams are passed on too.

Absolutely, but we should also pass up the sense of duty and honor that most of us do not seem to have much of.

Take the duty of men to their wives and children. We presently have half of all households manned by single women who mostly end in having to chase deadbeat dads. That is not exactly giving the young men a high bar to reach.

Regards
DL

No.

In the USA, 26% of children are living with a single parent.
pewsocialtrends.org/2015/12/ … ily-today/

72.9% of children, who are supposed to get child support payments from fathers, are getting it.
brandongaille.com/23-deadbeat-dads-statistics/

I prefer to listen to known experts to get the real picture.

youtube.com/watch?feature=p … gAu1i6aChs

Regards
DL

Debt isn’t all bad. If I own a million dollar house on which I still owe $200k, leaving that house and that debt to my children is a net gain for them. If I own a business that produces millions in profits but also has millions in debt, that’s still a net positive inheritance for my children.

Similarly if a nation or society borrows to pay for infrastructure, research, defense, they may produce a net surplus inheritance for the next generation.

Plenty of very wealthy people carry debt. Plenty of very wealthy people take on debt to buy stock and other investment assets. It’s often a financially sound decision, and leaves them (and their descendants) better off.

The attitude of the poor towards debt is understandable, given that they often don’t have access to the kind of borrowing that will yield positive returns. They also often borrow not to invest, but to make ends meet, which is virtually guaranteed to leave you less well off. But that’s just misusing debt, it’s not a problem inherent to debt.

If you can see something good in leaving a debt, in terms of a dying ecosystem to your children then good for you.

A half paid house debt is good, but not when the house is build on quicksand.

Regards
DL

You would agree that leaving more value to your descendants is better, right? My point is that there are situations where the way to maximize the value you will leave to your children is to also leave them debt. If that’s so, if there are cases where you must take on debt and leave that debt to your children in order to do the right thing by your children, then debt can’t be inherently bad.

Sure, if we aren’t getting anything for it then debt is bad, but that’s an implausible scenario. Most debt is produced in exchange for valuable goods or services. Most houses aren’t on quicksand.