Intention(s) of the term Holy Spirit

[b]

[/b]

Agree? … Disagree?

An example of the ‘enemy’ of the Holy Spirit.

[b]

[/b]

Without a desire to establish that relationship of holy spirit to unholy spirit :evilfun: , it just doesn’t get realized. It’s like redemption, you must want it to receive it.

I think holy spirit is benign.

• a relationship? that sounds like a relationship with air ~ only one party >participating<. - I feel different to how that suggests tho.

Wonderful post Amorphos … strengthens the hypothesis … the comparison to a relationship with air that is … all humans have a relationship with air … and while the air is invisible … every breath we take is evidence of the symbiotic relationship people have with air … ditto for our relationship with the Holy Spirit whether we are conscious of it or not.

You are aware you are discussing what passes for little more then a postulate? Assume, then base upon assumption. Rather circular, nothing new here.

Mowk … thanks for popping in … any publicity is good pubicity. :laughing:

You are undoubtedly a fan of Santayana as well …

[b]

[/b]

Tom,

I am really trying this thing called being non-judgemental. But you ooze. And I sin… given that paradigm.

Your handle “pilgrim-seeker_tom” as example. I’d like to guess it was chosen from a place of heart-felt personal query, as in not a 16th century immigrant to the US of A but a seeker of truth, or perhaps fiction. Either could be seeking. But man, to think that defines you here? PHILOSOPHY, the search for the truth in all of its shades. Man you are appearing to me as a wind bag, a blow hole. It’s not that I can’t see your “heart” is in a place, I’m just wondering if your mind is anywhere near. Really. What is your plan? What do you feel is all that worth the time? And this is really big, where are you getting off?

Who doesn’t seek? Who isn’t a pilgrim?

If you feel the questions are more about tom then what tom is trying to communicate I will back down. It is not about you but the ideas.

What is at center, of value, and how abstractly has it been questioned?

You are more than Tom, in the future I dub you “+Tom”. I think it’s a handle you could grow into.

Mowk … I encourage you to be patient … ‘goodness’ doesn’t grow on trees … nor in the ground.

Hey +Tom,

I’ll be dead soon enough, just a couple hundred thousand heartbeats away. I ain’t holding my breath.

Mowk … how many people’s lives were turned upside down … inside out … within the time span of one or two heartbeats?

I read your comments in the OP “Climate, Health, and Inequality: A Proposal” … a taste of your ‘goodness’ seeped out today … even a tiny crack in a dam can lead to a flood … yes/no?

Wendy, The desire to establish a relationship between the holy and the unholy can not be realized except by faith in the holy as a pre-requisite. Then when that need arises to unify the meaning of good and evil, the unholy alliance presents a problem-the intention(ality) of the quest for the reason for existence becomes muted, because the unholy tries to compete with the holy. It can’t it knows, so it uses misguiding and deceptive rhetoric to demean the value of being. It tries to reduce the Holy Spirit to the level of an intention of goodness into a nihilistic freeze.

Hey +Tom,

Be a good little Dutch boy and stick your finger in it. As a damn; i ain’t holding back a whole lot of water, If this thing should break we’re talking mud slide. Those good folk down in the valley don’t need that.

Mowk

My fingers are all busy at the moment … thanks for the warning. :slight_smile:

Hey +Tom, Is this what is called free range?

Take it up a notch, past all the dogma. Will ya? Are you able?

Stand and walk, metaphorically speaking.

Partially correct Mowk … we don’t own the range … only invested hours and hours of toil cleaning it up … my wife did that is. :slight_smile:

Is that what’s called … throwing down the gauntlet.

Good timing … I just posted this article … authored by yours truly. :slight_smile:

patreon.com/posts/11593896

I guessed there was a + in there somewhere. so why the dogma?

At beast it is a weak metaphor, I don’t see a whole lot holy about the hole. There is a gap.

Go to the source, skip the middlemen. Hinted.

I garden.

Shit, there is so much there, it isn’t working quite yet. I’m still fighting it. It feels like it, this time of the year. In a few months it doesn’t feel like it. Despite what I sow,

Mowk … your comments feel genuine … though … can’t really grasp your intention(s).

1. “So why the dogma?” … religious dogma? … or … presenting my thoughts as dogma?

2. Use of the word ‘holy’ can be confusing … suppose there’s nothing ‘holy’ about awareness or (un)holy about lack of awareness.

3. “Go to the source, skip the middlemen. Hinted.” … the entire article was about “skip the middleman” … “Psychological Firewall” was intended as symbolizing a middleman.

4. “Shit, there is so much there” … meaning there’s so much we can learn from gardening?

Duplicate post

1. take your pic, both? dogma, where ever. I guess it isn’t like anyone has imagined it accurately so far; regardless how many have imagined. Not saying that anyone inhuman could imagine it any better. Soap boxes and all.

One size doesn’t fit?.

2). exactly, so why use it?