Intention(s) of the term Holy Spirit

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Intention(s) of the term Holy Spirit

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:56 am

Mowk wrote:4) from where ever a garden grows.

Except the garden(s) growing in our mind. :)
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:14 am

Mowk ... your comments feel genuine ... though ... can't really grasp your intention(s).

My intentions?

What would be an appropriate summary?

To get past what I want or what you want and to find out what is needed for us both, ad infinitum. Guess that isn't always clear. Yeah, that's pretty close to it, the best approximation so far of what I intend.

Thanks for asking.
my goal in life is to die and no one notices.
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. Or at best something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby Mowk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:21 am

Well Hello Again +Tom,

A taste of your personal dogma? If so ... not to worry ... you stand firmly with the crowd. :)

personal over institutional, a preference. Fatima, the catholic tradition, that's a big institution (crowd). Feels like the closest member of any "crowd" I could be accused of being a part of is a few counties away. We don't (really impractical) do congregation.
in other words; to live as audaciously as possible while drawing the least attention. Or at best something vaguely similar.
Mowk
Thinker

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Mowk wrote:My intentions?

To get past what I want or what you want and to find out what is needed for us both, ad infinitum. Guess that isn't always clear. Yeah, that's pretty close to it, the best approximation so far of what I intend.

Thanks for asking.

While I still find your language somewhat cryptic, I feel adventurous at the moment ... willing to go out on a limb and speculate.

To get past what I want ... and to find out what is needed ... ad infinitum

Sounds like the essence of marketing ... to turn a personal want into a personal need. The underlying principles vis a vis human psychology are likely the same.

Are you saying at the moment you prefer to move away from being self(ish) and move towards being self(less)? If yes ... it's nigh impossible ... the forces in play are simply too powerful.

To get past what you want ... and to find out what is needed for you ... ad infinitum

Describes my intentions adequately ... though I still eat regularly at the local KFC. :) It's much easier for me in China than it was in Canada. The language barrier keeps me separated from the 'crowd' and there is no church.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Mowk wrote:Well Hello Again +Tom,

personal over institutional, a preference. Fatima, the catholic tradition, that's a big institution (crowd). Feels like the closest member of any "crowd" I could be accused of being a part of is a few counties away. We don't (really impractical) do congregation.

still feeling adventurous. :)

personal over institutional, a preference

Complete individuation requires moving beyond the 'crowd' ... any crowd ... religious or secular.

Fatima, the catholic tradition, that's a big institution (crowd)

Agreed ... though the demographics(intensity of belief) varies considerably ... heavily weighted towards subscription without belief.

Feels like the closest member of any "crowd" I could be accused of being a part of is a few counties away

Ancestral yearnings?

We don't (really impractical) do congregation.

Everyone does "congregation". The god of money is a conjoined twin of every other god. The separation of church and state was an attempt to surgically separate the two ... cutting a baby in half does not leave you with two healthy smaller babies.

To crawl and lick the footprints of the rich is no more noble a pursuit than to be a hypocrite and kneel in a pew in some church on Sunday.

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:18 am

pilgrim-seeker_tom wrote:
Mowk wrote:My intentions?

Thanks for asking.

While I still find your language somewhat cryptic, I feel adventurous at the moment ... willing to go out on a limb and speculate.

To get past what I want ... and to find out what is needed ... ad infinitum

Sounds like the essence of marketing ... to turn a personal want into a personal need. The underlying principles vis a vis human psychology are likely the same.

Are you saying at the moment you prefer to move away from being self(ish) and move towards being self(less)? If yes ... it's nigh impossible ... the forces in play are simply too powerful.

To get past what you want ... and to find out what is needed for you ... ad infinitum

Describes my intentions adequately ... though I still eat regularly at the local KFC. :) It's much easier for me in China than it was in Canada. The language barrier keeps me separated from the 'crowd' and there is no church.

+Tom, Seems you've performed the illusive saw a lady in half illusion. Well done.
Mowk
Thinker

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality