Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri May 12, 2017 10:07 pm

At the inauguration, the first speaker to God was a rabbi. He held a hawkish speech, a theme of great severity and an aggressive God.
Was this wise?

Discuss.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6995
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby James S Saint » Sat May 13, 2017 1:21 am

Trump bows to the Ashkenazim in the same way that Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25811
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Jakob » Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 am

Weirdly, Obolko bowed to Saudis and Iran, who are archenemies. Just weird.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun May 14, 2017 4:26 am

Rabbi Hier has ties to the Trump world through Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and close adviser. Kushner's parents are old friends with Hier and his wife.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Jakob » Wed May 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Trumps upcoming religious trip should clarify to us all how much of a Zionist he really is.



There have been some angry comments from within the administration addressed to Israelis about the Western Wall being part of the West Bank.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Pandora » Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Rabbi Hier has ties to the Trump world through Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and close adviser. Kushner's parents are old friends with Hier and his wife.

wiki wrote:Kushner was born in Livingston, New Jersey,[6] to Seryl Kushner (née Stadtmauer) and Charles Kushner, a real-estate developer. Kushner was raised in a Modern Orthodox Jewish family.

His father was arrested in 2004 on charges of tax evasion, illegal campaign donations, and witness tampering; he was eventually convicted on all charges (by then U.S. Attorney Chris Christie) and sentenced to two years in federal prison.
When I think of orthodox jewish communities in New Jersey, I can't help but think of that money laundering/organ trafficking fiasco that happened in New Jersey/New York which involved jewish orthodox religious communities and politicians. Now, that was some-thing! https://view.yahoo.com/show/american-gr ... rsey-score

(I'm just thinking, how can you hide behind religion and still be involved in such things! I'm not saying Roman Catholic Church has historically been a saint in comparison, but it really taints religion which is supposed to be based on virtue and good deeds. That's like creating an illusion of being a good person by stealing from one to giving it to another, so how are you a 'good person' - you're just a politician in religious uniform that you use to serve as an invisible cloak. I found it curious when I learned that there is a strong schism between orthodox and secular jews, based on acceptance of violence and old beliefs. I was a bit sympathetic towards the orthodox because they refused to resort to violence, now I'm not so sure. At least secular Israelis play the same game every other nation plays, and are open about their interests. Orthodox jews just want to exist by doing underground shifty things. I mean, I was stunned when I learned how much money the Antwerp diamond district turns on daily basis. And the orthodox excuse of 'we need to play by our own rules because we need to protect our identity, and it is a matter of survival since we've always been unaccepted and prosecuted' does not cut it with me because I see it as a circular argument that is used to justify existence by not playing by the rules everyone else is obliged to play; and a possible come back of "you made me like this!". You don't want to play by the rules because you're prosecuted, or are you prosecuted because you don't want to play by the rules? Talk about being stuck in the repetitive stage of PTSD! Argh...anyway, there is nothing "religious" about orthodox Judaism because actions speak louder than words and I have not seen jewish orthodox communities helping other nations in distress by giving them donations or showing any acts of true compassion towards other human beings (someone please prove me wrong). So Rabbinic wisdom is just old Pharisee wisdom to me. It's like spending your whole life weeping on a grave.)
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3854
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Jakob » Fri May 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Mostly I disagree with your interpretation of the phenomenon of religion. You say it is supposed to be something in particular - i must ask which god told you this way. It seems to me like Messianism to make such claims as to what True Religion is.

As I understand religion, which comes to light in my latest Tree video on Chesed, the god-sphere, it requires a lot of sanctimony and violence to afford itself the famed mercies we hear so much about but rarely witness.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Pandora » Sat May 20, 2017 1:07 am

Jakob wrote:As I understand religion, which comes to light in my latest Tree video on Chesed, the god-sphere, it requires a lot of sanctimony and violence to afford itself the famed mercies we hear so much about but rarely witness.
Then it's just politics.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3854
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Trumps Rabbinic Wisdom

Postby Jakob » Sat May 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Pandora wrote:
Jakob wrote:As I understand religion, which comes to light in my latest Tree video on Chesed, the god-sphere, it requires a lot of sanctimony and violence to afford itself the famed mercies we hear so much about but rarely witness.
Then it's just politics.


Absolutely.
The politics of drives, as Nietzsche saw it.

My videos do clarify that the tree of life reaches beyond religion, thus also beyond politics, into pure logic of necessity - separation toward discipline (politics) is one of the results.
I assume you haven't watched them yet, if you consider doing so I recommend the videos on Kether and Chesed.

One thing the tree does not do is spin fairy tales.
It doesnt allow us to dream away the will to power, the nature of the world, death, separation, severity - it simply allows us to see how these things are utterly necessary.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit


Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]