Billions of people lack the strength to ...

Billions of people lack the strength to forego “earthly bread”.

Isn’t the essence of the above statement a pillar of the NT?

Isn’t the essence of the above statement what Bigous has been valiantly and stubbornly arguing about in his “conflict and value judgements”?

Earthly bread has been a moving target since time immemorial … what is ‘earthly bread’ today?

1. A proliferation of gadgets … fruit of exploding technology … rewiring human relationships.

2. Pursuit of prosperity … anything less is shameful.

3. Disdain for empathy and compassion … a blatant sign of weakness in a world where only strength is revered.

4. Insert here

5. Insert here

Jesus gave more than he received.
And didn’t want to turn some stones into bread.

Earthly bread is all material aspects of an Earthly existence, but where do the intangible experiences fall, our memories and relationships, the depth and breadth of our souls intermingling?

You do look rather self-convinced in your arguments Tom.

Tom, you are probably one of the most pious people I’ve ever heard from. You rank up with those such as Peter Owen-Jones as one of the most sanctimonious people I ever knew.

Dan … your comments explain why his “message” was hijacked … humanity simply wasn’t ready for it 2,000 years ago … soon perhaps :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

How many relationships … or the absence of relationships … are explained by the above quote.

Competition leaves no room for depth and breadth in relationships … who is immune from competition? The ILP forums are a classic example.

Dafoe … thanks for popping in. :slight_smile:

If by “self-convinced” you mean as was Einstein when he published his general theory of relativity …

[b]

[/b]

YES :smiley:

Let state my theory … as it relates to this OP.

Eventually higher consciousness will trump “Earthly Bread”

How so?

When survival mode kicks in for a large chunk of humanity … apparently ‘super strength’ is often a byproduct of our personal survival being seriously threatened.

Mackerni … how does one “know” another from reading a few posts on ILP?

Many people argue we are known by our actions … not our words.

Have you read the personal experiences (actions) I shared? …

Have you read the personal experiences (actions) I shared? … pilgrimtom.weebly.comthoughtsofamisfit.weebly.com

Tom, I do apologize but I misread the OP.

Mackerni wrote:
Tom, you are probably one of the most pious people I’ve ever heard from. You rank up with those such as Peter Owen-Jones as one of the most sanctimonious people I ever knew.

Mackerni wrote:
Tom, you are probably one of the most pious people I've ever heard from. You rank up with those such as Peter Owen-Jones as one of the most sanctimonious people I ever knew.

Mackerni wrote:
Tom, you are probably one of the most pious people I've ever heard from. You rank up with those such as Peter Owen-Jones as one of the most sanctimonious people I ever knew.

Have you read the personal experiences (actions) I shared? … pilgrimtom.weebly.comthoughtsofamisfit.weebly.com

Words about actions are still words about actions. I have no experience of action, I have only the words you have shared. Actions experienced? I wasn’t there.

Pardon me, blow hole.

You can witness a whale exhale by what is emitted by it’s blowhole but you will never experience what that whale feels to inhale.

Really Tom? Sounds to me like you’re just bragging about all the places you’ve been. No assurance you actually found what you went looking for in the first place, or whether it is of any value to anyone else in the second place.

About all I can tell from the spout is you’ve exhaled, shortly you will inhale, isn’t that where the magic begins?

I watched my dad die, The exhale was his end, and he never inhaled again. Blowhole.

No need to apologize Dafoe … my poor communication skills … written communication at least … are the issue.

In any event … you triggered a more concise and hopefully clearer expression of my theory.

Thanks

What do you mean by competition? For what type of relationships? Not getting your point. :confused:

I apologize to you … and to other readers who may be offended by my post … for getting under your skin.

Obviously the notion of ‘empathy’ is not appetizing for you … seems you are comfortable to be in the 3rd category mentioned in the OP.

Why do you fain apology?

You can conjecture, and place me into what ever category you wish. Reflexively, by your own words, you don’t know me, by the words I post on a forum.

Your response has convinced me even more that you have spent a lifetime emptying your lungs through words of your exploits.

Inhale Tom. It is really for your own benefit. One does not come without the other or you’re dead.

My intention in using the word ‘competition’ was to comprehensively include all instances involving competition. Ditto for relationships.

Wiki

[b]

[/b]

Nope, that didn’t help. Who’s competing and for what?

Perhaps a question will help.

How much competition occurs in one’s own mind? … how many times in one day?

For example … for those individuals who feel responsible for cooking dinner … do you ‘see’ any potential for competition in this simple event?

If not … I am simply too stupid to properly explain my intention.

But his Dad turned a woman to a pillar of salt.
Teaches us just how dangerous it can be to “look back” instead of looking “forward”.

pilgrim-seeker_tom"

Wouldn’t that necessarily depend on what is going on outside that mind and how important something is?

Sure, in a way. One might be competing against one’s own self to cook a much better dinner than one did the day before or all week.
But not much…