Chinese is the Language of God

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Chinese is the Language of God

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Chinese is the language of God ... fact? ... or ... fiction?

chinese_bible_characters.jpg
chinese_bible_characters.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 679 times

God - Creator

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all the hosts of them by the breath of His mouth ... For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. (Psalm 33:6, 9, NKJV)
On the right side of the character, two images are intertwined. There, we find a MAN and a GARDEN. Man, the crowning jewel of God's creation (Genesis 1:26), was placed in the garden of Eden. Moses recorded,God is also represented in the Chinese language by the word Shén. This word may be written in two different forms (see to the right and below). The etymology of this image reveals details about God's work in creation. On the left side of the character, we see an image meaning to REVEAL or DECLARE. Over and over in the Biblical creation account, we are told that "...God said..." (Genesis 1:3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26, NKJV). The Psalmist declared of God's work of creation

The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. (Genesis 2:8, NKJV)

http://www.noahs-ark.tv/chinese/bible-e ... enesis.htm
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Re: Chinese is the Language of God

Postby phyllo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 am

I tried to translate "garden" into Chinese and I didn't get the character in the picture with google translate nor another site.

So what should I think? :-k
"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 am

phyllo wrote:I tried to translate "garden" into Chinese and I didn't get the character in the picture with google translate nor another site.

So what should I think? :-k

Phyllo ... I'm tickled pink that you took some time to poke around. Thank you!!

I posed your question to my Chinese wife ... and I tried ... though perhaps I failed ... to remain unbiased.

I should also explain that my wife and I have developed a new language ... Chinglis :-) ... her English is limited.

Here's what she told me ... the character ... in modern Chinese ... which may not correlate 100% with ancient Chinese ... yet would be expected to have some overlap.

The character is translated as "land" ... land where something can be grown ... eg vegetables.

Not exactly synonymous with the image of the Garden of Eden in the Western Psyche ... yet ???
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby phyllo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:32 pm

So that link translates the word "garden" in a misleading or outright dishonest way.

How many of the other translations are 'questionable'? :-k

How many people who read it will just accept it as true without checking into it at all?

The internet and the media keep spreading that kind of stuff. :evil:
"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Amorphos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 pm

This is why you have monks and scholars educated in what is meant. Once you have a good English translation simple issues like this are no more, and then you can get onto the deeper more important issues of meaning I.e. those aside from translation issues.

As to the language of God, well they all say that don’t they. My guess is that God nor divinity et al, wont be speaking in any particular language. At least I’ve never read or heard anyone saying that they had a vision but it was in a different language so they didn’t understand it.

The thing is that such things are interpreted in the individuals mind, so they will naturally be in the language they think in.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 pm

This too is the language of God.

yes this!.jpg
yes this!.jpg (95.1 KiB) Viewed 540 times

不要动
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:34 pm

不要动

BE STILL!
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 am

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all the hosts of them by the breath of His mouth ... For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. (Psalm 33:6, 9, NKJV)
On the right side of the character, two images are intertwined. There, we find a MAN and a GARDEN. Man, the crowning jewel of God's creation (Genesis 1:26), was placed in the garden of Eden. Moses recorded,God is also represented in the Chinese language by the word Shén. This word may be written in two different forms (see to the right and below). The etymology of this image reveals details about God's work in creation. On the left side of the character, we see an image meaning to REVEAL or DECLARE. Over and over in the Biblical creation account, we are told that "...God said..." (Genesis 1:3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26, NKJV). The Psalmist declared of God's work of creation

Exactly! God speaks in the language of existence, of being. Everything he speaks is necessarily true.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby James S Saint » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:09 am

God doesn't "speak", but rather displays.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby gib » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:59 pm

James S Saint wrote:God doesn't "speak", but rather displays.

Well, when you get right down to it, he creates; but creation to me is a language.

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

- Rick Sanchez
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Postby D3R7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 am

Word of mouth, the Danish Unking visiting China.
Do you, by virtue of possessing grace in the natural order of things, feel above and beyond your fellow man?
D3R7
britainican viper

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:17 pm

James S Saint wrote:God doesn't "speak", but rather displays.
"

Hi Jimmy, :mrgreen:

Does art "speak to you?
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi gib,

Exactly! God speaks in the language of existence, of being. E[/i].

Everything he speaks [i]is necessarily true

Don't you think, gib, that there is the possibility that that way of thinking can lead to a very slippery slope?

1 Corinthians 2:16 ►
"Who has known the mind of the Lord..."

We silly humans have a way of attributing and equating our thoughts/beliefs/feelings with those of a god.
These projections create God into our own image and likeness.

All you need to do is to look around you and what is happening in the world. If what you say IS true, then the God of the Jews and the christians is a very fickle god, indeed.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Hi gib,

Exactly! God speaks in the language of existence, of being. E.

Everything he speaks is necessarily true

Don't you think, gib, that there is the possibility that that way of thinking can lead to a very slippery slope?

1 Corinthians 2:16 ►
"Who has known the mind of the Lord..."

We silly humans have a way of attributing and equating our thoughts/beliefs/feelings with those of a god.
These projections create God into our own image and likeness.

All you need to do is to look around you and what is happening in the world. If what you say IS true, then the God of the Jews and the christians is a very fickle god, indeed.

Arc, this comes from a theory of mine. You know I have a theory of consciousness, right? I believe we've talked about it at length several times before.

My theory is a theory of substance. I reject Descartes and his theory of dualism (mind is one substance, matter is another), I reject Berkeley and his theory of monism (all is mind), and I put in their place a whole new theory of substance.

The fundamental substance of the universe is:

1) quality
2) being
3) meaning

It's these 3 elements rolled into one thing, one substance. And this is also the formula for subjective experience (i.e. consciousness). You can't have meaning without the apprehension of meaning, you can't have quality unless there is the perception of that quality. And being--we can only be acquainted with being by experience. <-- So what else is being to us than what we experience?

Anyway, it's #3 by which I can say that God speaks in the language of existence, of being. #3 says that everything is information at base. The universe is an ongoing exchange of information between God and himself, an ongoing dialog the contents of which sustain existence. But unlike humans who speak in symbols (oral, written, etc.), God speaks using this very substance which I'm defining (and this is only possible because it is, at base, information). He speaks with being. <-- Therefore, whatever is said has to be true.

And yes, all this is just theory. Who am I to claim to know the mind of God? But if I'm right, then I've got a little sample of God within me. So do you. So does everyone. Why can't we extrapolate on the nature of God using what we know about ourselves?

- surreptitious75

- encode_decode

- Rick Sanchez
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Return to Religion and Spirituality