Why God is inherently right

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby gib » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Joker, is that you?

What're you naming yourself now? Mictlan... something... something?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8485
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby Amorphos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:12 am

Mictlantecuhtli/joker wrote:For god so loves the world that in his idleness and absence allows cruelty or malice to manifest.....bullshit if you ask me.


I can imagine many a pain and trapped down a mineshaft forever scenarios without death and ends tho?

gib, does trump need to build a wall along the Canadian border as well then lol [cos of all dem muslims]. only jokin mate. :)
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7048
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby gib » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:27 am

Amorphos wrote:gib, does trump need to build a wall along the Canadian border as well then lol [cos of all dem muslims]. only jokin mate. :)


Just don't tell him I live here ;)
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8485
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:41 am

Dao De Jing ..................... Chapter 47

shi = man of learning

When the highest type of shi hear of the Dao
They diligently practice it
When the average type of shi hear of the Dao
They half-believe it
When the lowest type of shi hear of the Dao
They laugh heartily at it
If they did not laugh at it
It would not be the Dao
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 am

gib wrote:Joker, is that you?

What're you naming yourself now? Mictlan... something... something?


Yes, Aztec god of the dead and underworld. Figure I would go by a new name nobody can pronounce.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby gib » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:18 am

Mictlantecuhtli wrote:Yes, Aztec god of the dead and underworld. Figure I would go by a new name nobody can pronounce.


Yes, I'm still having difficulty with it. :lol:
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8485
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 am

gib wrote:
Mictlantecuhtli wrote:Yes, Aztec god of the dead and underworld. Figure I would go by a new name nobody can pronounce.


Yes, I'm still having difficulty with it. :lol:

I've succeeded in my goal then. ;)
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 am

Gib is a respected member of ILP ... I like him ... his keen intellect ... his generous tolerance ... his delectable sense of humor ... I still think he is a "reluctant Saint".

When Gib is "on his game" so to speak ... he is virtually unbeatable.

Some ILP members are discussing the convergence of science and religion in another OP ... how does Gib address the issue?

To me, the scientific method is the language of God. It is the art of asking God questions and receiving His answers. When a scientist conjures up a hypothesis, and conducts an experiment to test it out, he is interfacing with God directly. This is a Q&A session with God. The experiment is a question: am I right? Is my hypothesis correct? The results of the experiment are God's answer: yay or nay.


Now let's slide over to philosophy ... to Bigous's now infamous question ... "How ought one live in the here and now?"

I'm waiting for Gib to suggest to Bigous ...

The question "How ought one live in the here and now?" is not a question to be discussed amongst us mere mortals ... it is a question to be discussed with God.


Et Voila ... we have the convergence of Science ... Philosophy ... and Religion.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
User avatar
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 am

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby gib » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:43 am

pilgrim_tom wrote:Gib is a respected member of ILP ... I like him ... his keen intellect ... his generous tolerance ... his delectable sense of humor ... I still think he is a "reluctant Saint".


Thanks Pilgrim, but really, that's overkill. ;)

pilgrim_tom wrote:When Gib is "on his game" so to speak ... he is virtually unbeatable.


You do realize I have an unhealthy obsession with my own ego, don't you? :lol:

pilgrim_tom wrote:Some ILP members are discussing the convergence of science and religion in another OP ... how does Gib address the issue?

To me, the scientific method is the language of God. It is the art of asking God questions and receiving His answers. When a scientist conjures up a hypothesis, and conducts an experiment to test it out, he is interfacing with God directly. This is a Q&A session with God. The experiment is a question: am I right? Is my hypothesis correct? The results of the experiment are God's answer: yay or nay.


Now let's slide over to philosophy ... to Bigous's now infamous question ... "How ought one live in the here and now?"

I'm waiting for Gib to suggest to Bigous ...

The question "How ought one live in the here and now?" is not a question to be discussed amongst us mere mortals ... it is a question to be discussed with God.


Et Voila ... we have the convergence of Science ... Philosophy ... and Religion.


Pilgrim, I'm going to reply to this in a PM.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 8485
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: lost (don't try to find me)

Re: Why God is inherently right

Postby phyllo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Pilgrim, I'm going to reply to this in a PM.
Don't keep it all to yourself, Saint Gib.

Mere mortals also need to drink in those holy words. O:)
"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy" -Beethoven
"Everyday life is the way" -Wumen
"Do not permit the events of your daily life to bind you, but never withdraw yourself from them" - Wumen
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10101
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am
Location: ->.

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]