What Soul Type Do You Have?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: What Soul Type Do You Have?

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm

What does it say about the Educator? I can see, feel, and respect that about you Arc. You have great patience as all great educators do.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 pm

WendyDarling wrote:What does it say about the Educator? I can see, feel, and respect that about you Arc. You have great patience as all great educators do.

Some educator I am. lol I didn't even notice the cells with the labels.

Educator

Educators are drawn to teaching. If this is your soul type, you’ll have a gift for persuasion that can be used in a conventional setting, such as a classroom, or in a less traditional venue like the boardroom or an online discussion forum. Getting your point across is something that comes naturally to you.

Since education is your purpose, if you do end up in a classroom, you’ll have no problem with repetition—going over the same point until it sinks in, or teaching the same subject year after year. Whether it’s in a classroom or in a less formal setting, you may show remarkable patience when it comes to explaining your point. It is important for you to know you’re being understood. You may have a tendency to be long-winded or to adopt an air of superiority at times.

Most Educators have a desire to demonstrate what they know to others. There’s little point in having knowledge without having students to pass it on to, which is why you will generally be comfortable in front of a class or other groups of people, knowing you have much to offer. Family members make great students and may become a captive audience at times.

Much of what you know may come from reading and study, but you may also have natural insight into a subject, often accumulated over many lifetimes. Educators are comfortable in academic pursuits and enjoy acquiring knowledge, particularly through books.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Harbal » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:07 pm

They're going to come up with an extra category and get back to me.
Harbal
Thinker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Harbal wrote:They're going to come up with an extra category and get back to me.

What category will that be? :evilfun:
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Harbal » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:

They didn't say but I'm not optimistic.
Harbal
Thinker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Harbal wrote:

They didn't say but I'm not optimistic.

Neither are you an optimist, I know...

But what category might it be that shows your true essence?
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Harbal » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:51 pm

They say I'm difficult to categorise but I sense they are just being tactful.
Harbal
Thinker

Postby gib » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:59 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Hunter

Caregiver

Creator

Thinker

Helper

Educator

Performer

Leader

Spiritualist

Calculate Clear

CaregiverCreatorEducatorHelperHunterLeaderPerformerSpiritualistThinker
Caregiver

The quintessential characteristic of a Caregiver type is the desire to take care of others. For this reason, Caregivers may be drawn to the long-term care of children or the elderly. Though some Caregivers find their need to nurture satisfied by raising a family, many others seek out work in such venues as schools, hospitals, and animal shelters. The long-term care of those with Alzheimer’s, autism, and mental illness often becomes the responsibility of Caregivers.

If you recognize yourself as a Caregiver, you may already have noticed the tendency to put others’ needs ahead of your own. This trait makes it essential that you go out of your way to take care of yourself as well as those around you. Remember that you’re no use to others if you’re not healthy or fit enough to help them.

You are loyal to the extreme, and you guard those who are entrusted to your care with your life. Fighting another person’s battles can be important if that individual is unable to stand up for themselves, though you should be cautious not to disempower those in your care by not allowing them to do things for themselves.

Your empathy allows you to understand nonverbal emotional signals. This ability will tell you when someone needs your help, and how best to assist them. It is common for Caregiver types to intuitively know what someone needs at any given time.

You can learn more about your soul type and how it influences your soul’s age, mission, talents, and challenges in Ainslie MacLeod’s book, The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended.

Hello Jack #2, I'm Jack #1.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby gib » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:08 pm

I think this questionnaire is crap, to be honest.

First of all, it's obviously measuring your own self-image, not the way you really are. The questions are: where to you rank yourself.

Second, some of the questions are really bad questions: are you a leader or a follower? Well, neither! Nobody follows me and I don't follow anybody. I'm kind of "outside" of things. Or the question about: do you like to argue with people? Across the internet, yeah, but in person, no.... sooo, which is it?

This is why I'm a jack of all trades. For most of the questions, I was like: Idunno. I'll pick 3.

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:31 pm

This is where ego and no ego comes into play. You are evaluating you. Can you do that honestly?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:48 pm

WendyDarling wrote:This is where ego and no ego comes into play. You are evaluating you. Can you do that honestly?

So did I pass? :D

- surreptitious75

- encode_decode

- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Kriswest » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Actually gib may have an interesting test. What if a person is designated and the others take that test by giving their opinion of that person... interesting or no?
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:34 am

I nominate Kris as the guinea pig! :mrgreen:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby gib » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:08 am

Kriswest wrote:Actually gib may have an interesting test. What if a person is designated and the others take that test by giving their opinion of that person... interesting or no?

Very!

It would be a lot like Eric's Impressions of ILP People.

A lot less accurate than self-administered testing, but still interesting.

- surreptitious75

- encode_decode

- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Meno_ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:14 am

Hunter 14,caregiver 12,Thinker 14,Helper 13,Educator 12,Performer 10, Leader 11, Spiritualist 19

The validity of this test seem to exclude the + or - factor of possible error, some or all of which depend on the truthfulness of given answers. It may be a pure projection of an ideal sense of self, and it's supposed correspondence with its interjected value.
The deflection may vary wildly, even when it appears to the test taker that it is his honest opinion of himself. It may not represent the degree of that, of which people over or undervalue each question, since some untruthfullness have been so deeply repressed.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:16 am

A missing question such as 'do I tend to over or undervalue myself' should be relevant, and governing.
The test, even if posed by a psychic's standard, seem too simplistic.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:53 am

People always undervalue themselves. I was just chatting about this, it's the reason that the world is so screwed up, that people do not understand their worth. If you find it difficult to value yourself, you will be unable to value elsewhere.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Kriswest » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:35 am

gib wrote:
Kriswest wrote:Actually gib may have an interesting test. What if a person is designated and the others take that test by giving their opinion of that person... interesting or no?

Very!

It would be a lot like Eric's Impressions of ILP People.

A lot less accurate than self-administered testing, but still interesting.

Cool and since WD nominated me and it was my idea, I submit myself as First to test the waters :)
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby gib » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Ok Kris, you asked for it:

soul type - Kris.png
soul type - Kris.png (5.01 KiB) Viewed 681 times

Again, it's pretty even. Not knowing you very well meant a lot of 3's down the page. Also, on the rare occasion when I felt I did have a definite answer, it went to the extreme (1 or 5). It seems there's rarely any uncertainty in the minds of other when they think they know something about a person.

- surreptitious75

- encode_decode

- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby James S Saint » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:15 pm

..Or you could just have your palms read, perhaps tarot cards?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:30 am

..Or you could just have your palms read, perhaps tarot cards?

Is that 'Negative Nancy' you're exuding to affect all with mockery or specifically towards an individual such as myself?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Harbal wrote:

They say I'm difficult to categorise but I sense they are just being tactful.

Well that might speak to "diplomat" but I know that you are not always diplomatic. :evilfun: But you do have an O-L life.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Magnus Anderson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Not bad, I guess.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-02-28-23-49-33.jpg
Screenshot_2017-02-28-23-49-33.jpg (184.31 KiB) Viewed 493 times
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:46 pm

WendyDarling wrote:This is where ego and no ego comes into play. You are evaluating you. Can you do that honestly?

I agree with gib for the post part, Wendy. I had about the same experience which he did. The way some of the questions were shaped made it rather difficult to give an honest answer. I clicked in "3" kind of often myself because as humans we are, at least I am not completely this or that. Some things are simply not so black and white.

These things are not an exact science - and I think that it is true that some will sometimes be lured in to click in a response that shows their selves in a better light though I may be wrong here.

I don't consider myself to be a spiritualist or a leader - I don't want to lead or follow. I can kind of understand where the "educator" part came from though I don't like that term either with reference to myself.

I kind of enjoyed the hunter...............
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 pm

One can be honestly unsure or unconvinced.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality