The Divine Realm

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:08 pm

What is the Divine Realm again JSS? How have you been able to experience it? Where is it located? What are it's dimensions? How does it appear once you visit it? What does it feel like being there? All of your insights are welcome JSS and everybody elses too.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 pm

James is simply incompetent to answer this question.

A divine realm is a realm you create for yourself and every being in the universe wants to be there.

There are plenty of delusional divine realms.
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 pm

Ec,

When do you create it for yourself? How do you create it, with what, by what process? And why would every other being want to be there when they have their own Divine Realm? What is a delusional Divine Realm?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Mowk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:54 am

James is simply incompetent to answer this question.

Perhaps as competent as any perhaps slightly more so. None the less it still seems like a question for James, assuming he has discussed this divine realm before.

WendyDarling, when you bypass the middleman doesn't that feel divine, or least honest; guess I don't know about divine. It is a state where falsehood doesn't appear to occupy. When there, you sort of see transparently. It can be created, to the best of my experience by a good deal of working on compassion and empathy. It certainly is slippery, can't seem to hang on for more than a few moments.

But I intrude.
Mowk
Thinker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:18 am

Mowk,

You do not understand divinity? Have you ever laughed like a kid with your wife while looking at her as your best friend and greatest ally? If so, would you describe the feeling as joyful love? A slice of being completely happy without reservations/fears...a peaceful state?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Mowk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:35 am

Sorry to have intruded.
Rock.png
Rock.png (58.6 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Mowk
Thinker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Mackerni » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:18 am

The 'Divine' Realm does not exist ... yet.

It will exist when life and conscious thought is equal to the potency, ubiquity, eternalness, and uniqueness of the Omniverse. At that moment the Omniverse will gain the qualities only life can have; namely, benevolence, wisdom, and freedom. When this happens, which has already been called The Omega Point, a true God will exist with all of creation. All realms will then be divine. It is the glorious unification of life and the Omniverse. That is how the Divine Realm will be made.
"Anybody got a problem with the way I live? I don't want to go to Heaven if I can't get in!"
User avatar
Mackerni
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:11 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:59 am

Mowk,

Is that you chained to the philosopher's stone? :evilfun:

Mowk wrote
Sorry to have intruded.


What? #-o You were invited to answer the questions addressed to you. I would very much like you to stick around and toss in your 2 cents or even a wooden nickel. :mrgreen: Or was I being too personal? What? Come on. O:)
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:06 am

Now we have heard from jealousy, envy, and Macki...
WendyDarling wrote:What is the Divine Realm again JSS? How have you been able to experience it? Where is it located? What are it's dimensions? How does it appear once you visit it? What does it feel like being there? All of your insights are welcome JSS and everybody elses too.

The "Divine Realm" got its name from the Plato-Socrates era and is typically described thusly:
Wiki wrote:The forms, according to Socrates, are archetypes or abstract representations of the many types of things, and properties we feel and see around us, that can only be perceived by reason (Greek: λογική). (That is, they are universals.) In other words, Socrates was able to recognize two worlds: the apparent world, which constantly changes ["Mortal Realm"], and an unchanging and unseen world of forms ["Divine Realm"], which may be the cause of what is apparent.

In that description, merely the forms or shapes are discussed but the broader range involves all concepts, ideas, ideals, strategies, designs, and perfectly defined whatever. The religions refer to it as the realm of the "angels" and "gods". Some confuse the word "spirit" into the group, but they shouldn't.

Objects within the Divine Realm have no physical attributes, no space or time issues. So they don't exist in any place or position. Or you could say that they exist every place. But the fact is that they actually have nothing to do with space or time. They don't ever change in the slightest way. They have no visual image or physical feel. They are not conscious. They do not think or feel anything. They have no physical existence because they are merely concepts, thus I often refer to it as the "Conceptual Realm".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24671
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:51 am

What of your personal experiences JSS?

Plato described the location of the soul in the human body and he was/is right. I haven't read anything by Socrates, but I may look into him just to explain the rationale of my disagreements.

How queer to have more information than most beings who have ever lived to share such a pronouncement. What a predicament. Well, I'm not bright enough to resolve this on my own. This, you ask?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:59 am

WendyDarling wrote:What of your personal experiences JSS?

..are personal. 8)
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24671
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:09 am

You can neither confirm nor deny...divinity? :lol: How disappointing but as "we" understand, expected. :lol: In a gaming mood I see.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:33 am

I cannot accept the existence of a Divine Realm of which there is zero evidence. But I do accept the existence of abstract entities independent of space
and time. And they are of course numbers and other mathematical symbols. They might be of human origin but I think mathematics itself is not because
it was discovered rather than invented. It is a language that could be utilised by any human equivalent curious intelligent life form in the universe. You
want evidence of divinity then look no further than mathematical infinity. Eternally never ending and unchanging. So much so that its actual values [ as
there is more than one ] cannot be quantified just hinted at but no more
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 am

How can a language be independent from a mind? It cannot.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:50 am

surreptitious57 wrote:I cannot accept the existence of a Divine Realm of which there is zero evidence. But I do accept the existence of abstract entities independent of space
and time.

Those are the same thing. The "Realm" merely means the group or collection of those abstractions. But it also includes any other perfectly defined entities such a ideals, principles, whatever...
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24671
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Mowk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:51 am

Lit-from-bellow.png
Lit-from-bellow.png (20.48 KiB) Viewed 429 times
Mowk
Thinker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:07 am

When we become extinct mathematics will still exist for it is mind independent just like I think it was
before it was discovered. For it is the language of reality so therefore existed long before we ever did
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:18 am

You cannot have ideas without a brain to formulate them so while they are abstract they are also mind dependent
But I think mathematics is different from ideas because I think it is truly abstract and therefore mind independent
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Mowk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:20 am

which gets fed?
Mowk
Thinker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 am

surreptitious57 wrote:You cannot have ideas without a brain to formulate them so while they are abstract they are also mind dependent
But I think mathematics is different from ideas because I think it is truly abstract and therefore mind independent

It takes a brain to perceive concepts, just as it takes eyes to perceive trees. The fact that eyes are involved does not make trees dependent upon eyes. And the fact that brains are involved does not be concepts dependent upon brains.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24671
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby surreptitious57 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:39 am

James S Saint wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
You cannot have ideas without a brain to formulate them so while they are abstract they are also mind dependent
But I think mathematics is different from ideas because I think it is truly abstract and therefore mind independent

It takes a brain to perceive concepts just as it takes eyes to perceive trees. The fact that eyes are involved does
not make trees dependent upon eyes. And the fact that brains are involved does not be concepts dependent upon brains

Trees exist independent of eyes but concepts do not exist independent of brains as they come from brains and only brains. Were there no brains
then there would be no concepts so when brains cease to exist then so too will concepts. As a brain is amongst other things a concept generator
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby James S Saint » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:16 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Trees exist independent of eyes but concepts do not exist independent of brains as they come from brains and only brains. Were there no brains
then there would be no concepts so when brains cease to exist then so too will concepts. As a brain is amongst other things a concept generator

Are you saying that a perfect circle wasn't a perfect circle until Man came along? The principle of gravity didn't exist until Man invented it? The inside didn't have to be smaller than the outside until Man conceived it? There were no shapes and forms? There was no destruction before Man? No evolution?

The brain figures out the concept before it, just as the eye figures out the tree before it.

If all people are blind, the trees will still be there. When all people are unconscious, things will still fall downward rather than upward. Neither perceiving it nor conceiving it makes it real.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24671
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:46 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Ec,

When do you create it for yourself? How do you create it, with what, by what process? And why would every other being want to be there when they have their own Divine Realm? What is a delusional Divine Realm?


Supposedly, in the collective conscious and unconscious we have the insight and ability to create our own universe of philosophic zombies with perfect fidelity ...

That's what we're evolving towards.

In the absence of this, we simply go to hell.

Delusional divine realms are where we hurt others to derive pleasantries and joy, and thus go to hell.

People are so ignorant and arrogant, conceited, blind and selfish.... That they really think they can create a universe of real beings and not go to hell.

They are mistaken.
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:26 pm

JSS wrote elsewhere
If you like: Divine Realm, Mortal Realm, and Anything-in-Between Realm. 8)


Oh brother, the precise are lacking guidance. When it's too personal, it amounts to nonsense. :D

Once I was told that honesty should not be flaunted. I never realized that being honest was so envied. 8) Am I naive in my nonsense?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Divine Realm

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:31 am

Mowk wrote:which gets fed?


Hmmm?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!


Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Next

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users