Catholicism

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Catholicism

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Baptism is idolatry.

You guys are suckers for the ceremonious.

Ceremony is idolatry, churches are idolatry, crosses are idolatry ...

Do you folks have any clue what it's like to try to save a bunch of assholes from damnation??


Yes, I was actively supporting Trump during the election, had to talk to a lot of Democrats. I know exactly what it is like Ecmandu.


Trump is married.

Marriage is idolatry.

You know, for all the shit you folks sling at me, I actually have a really hard job here.
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Catholicism

Postby The Golden Turd » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:04 am

Ecmandu is self-idolatry.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: Catholicism

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 am

Turd Ferguson wrote:Ecmandu is self-idolatry.


I'm an atheistic non-idolator.

Atheists are the best non idolators on earth..,

Maybe god can put that in his pipe and smoke it!
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Catholicism

Postby James S Saint » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:18 am

Ecmandu wrote:Atheists are the best non idolators on earth..

Actually, that would be the agnostics.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24518
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Catholicism

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 am

James S Saint wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Atheists are the best non idolators on earth..

Actually, that would be the agnostics.


Agnostics sit on the fence about churches and marriages (idolatry)
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Catholicism

Postby James S Saint » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 am

Ecmandu wrote:
James S Saint wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Atheists are the best non idolators on earth..

Actually, that would be the agnostics.


Agnostics sit on the fence about churches and marriages (idolatry)

Being on the fence forbids the worship of anything .. anti-idolatry (and anti-anything else for that matter).

Atheists worship their idol of hatred of religions, God and anything related, as fanatic as the worst of the fanatics.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24518
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Catholicism

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:09 am

How can I hate what doesn't exist ??

"My kingdom come, my will be done"

Anti idolatrists don't believe in kings or lords...

Agnostics are on the fence...
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Catholicism

Postby James S Saint » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 am

Ecmandu wrote:How can I hate what doesn't exist ??

How can you do otherwise?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 24518
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Catholicism

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:08 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:How can I hate what doesn't exist ??

How can you do otherwise?


Well, as they say, "don't say it can't get worse"

There are plenty of things that don't exist that I'm thrilled about.
Do unto yourself and others as you'd do unto yourself if you were them (and you) - Ecmandu's Rule.

Ecmandu's second rule: calculate the set of your argument upon itself before you argue!

Stratification of motivational systems towards conspicuous consumption or extraneous drama cause all human ills - that was the most important thing you'll ever read in your life. - Ecmandu

The biggest problem in life... That more than one person wants the same thing! Solve this, and you have beaten the demon of life!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]