Please help interpret my dream

Was taking care of my many grandkids in a strange city. Got busy, and the kids said they will go ahead. Then I forgot about them. I got panicky and went after them but couldn’t find them. I got into an elevator but instead of going down, it went out on the street going many blocks. I asked a kind woman sitting next to me about the children and she said she saw them a while ago. Then she got off, and I followed her, and asked the name of the hotel we were living at, because it occurred to me I hadn’t memorized it.

Please connect this post with the one titled -dream continued

Pandora, If the above is re-read, it becomes obvious at least after a few re-readings, that the name of the hotel is not of primary significance here, except in relation to the destructural body of the content.
Why would th elevator go sideways to outside to the street, which upon closer scrutiny, I still remember as a nondescript city, sort of grayish, but unfamiliar.
And why would this kind lady sitting beside me, have seen the children, while, I, presumably gotten on this strange vehicle at the same time, not seen them?
There is no logical sequence in what takes place, and my not remembering the name of a hotel, which a,lures to me not having come across t in the first place, strikes as odd.

Did I merely forget the name having had prior significance, -an unlikely thing, given it would be necessary to remember it, or perhaps I needn’t have known, since other variables may have played into it, such as I was not expecting to be faced with having to go out.

Nevertheless, this occurred to me on account of your observation to the effect that, perhaps the name was picked up for some signifying concern. However, too much uncertainty over this relative insignificance, coupled with the many illogical constructs in the foreground, seem to give the impression of doing the opposite which you are suggesting: vis.,that of burying the name of the place, rather then finding it’s significance, unearthing it’s meaning.

By destroying conscious meaning , then, I must have it one time found that name significant enough, to let it come through another person. But this sequence is much more provave. then one in which I have never come across the name, and therefore there is something impersonal, transpersonal about it coming through.

That is why sighing that up offers some promise of some kind of transference from some ones’s expetience.

I think the woman is just another aspect of yourself, and she could be the key player. Essentially, she is you, at particular time and place, and perhaps you got out of touch with this aspect of yourself.

I don’t know. Could it have been a bus? I don’t remember having any elevator dreams. An elevator might symbolize different levels of your psyche, or your current status. But it did not move as it was supposed to, so something did not go as it was supposed to (it may have something to do with you getting ‘busy’). To me, it sounds like something may have been neglected by you and your dream is just letting you know that. It also sounds like this ‘busy’ stuff may have been a trigger.

As far as the elevator component, I will not comment, since you have not had that experience, but I could barely sleep and had time to think about it.
Generally the association with an elevator is an up and down motion, and if the elevator is slow enough, and one is not looking at the floor display, it is possible not to distinguish the up from the down.

So the same thing with vertical transit, where in and out vectors are much more significant. The conclusion in this regard may be summed by saying that only at certain velocities can direction be perceived, and under those limits, direction is non appraisable and not ore you to vector, sign, or meaningful criteria.

The other facet of the dream you commented on was the anima of the kind lady.
Before responding to your evaluation, suffice it here with the general observation that apart from the children, who seem to offer more of a veiled objective ,rather then the object or substance of the dream, the kind lady and the unaporausable sliw progression of the dream(for it went on for a long time), both the objective, or direction and the ambiguousness,( if that is what it was), of the lady seemed connected at some level.

You say they are different levels, and I would agree, hadn’t been for the fact that there was initial confusion as to the direction of movement of the elevator.

As levels go, it is mostly always associated with up and down sequencing, and that implies an initial confusion as to levels.

The levels may have been experienced initially, but when the in and out vertical motion became manifest, then these levels were reduced, or re-connected somehow.

So again, the question comes to mind, whether, the lady was somehow re-connected on the same logical level of an intentional jump from unawareness to awareness?

Here the problem of a dream within the dream becomes a matter of an intentional jump, where more consciousness is sought, from the deep slumber of the disconnect these two artifacts: the lady and the movement.

If what you are suggesting is correct, that the lady is myself or part of myself, then, as the movement toward the street outside, may mean more integration with that woman.

But if she is not initially a part of me, how cN the movement toward conscious realization lead to that conclusion? And in fact who is she really? I can only think of my own-mother-wife, for even getting outside of unconsciousness, that archetype is not clear. Are they part of me, both?

And finally how do the kids enter into this? I only see them for a short period, before I ask them to get started immediately, promising to catch up with them later.

If toward the end, when I am out, my panick worsens in not being able to find them, running back to a hotel that even now I am unable to remember the name of, my panick at it’s extreme, how does this fit with my being outside of the hotel?

There is an overwhelming guilt at sending them on the elevator, and added to this is that I may have misdirected them, and they may also thought they were going to a different level, yet they may have ended up in a level they barely understood?

Or was it me who ended up outside, and the children may still be inside on some level where it would be equally challenging to find them?

Did the question of loosing them for ever, aero in, I do not remember. That is why the kind woman starts to change more into a reprehensible one, especially she had seen the children, and is on the same ride with me.

I am beginning to think she knows more than what she is saying, or should be.