Food For The Soul

Manny-pedi wrote

Make sure you publish this elsewhere Manny-pedi for peer-review (Lol, ya know one of those high profile scientific forums you frequent).

Now I am no scientist by any stretch of the imagination, however I have firsthand knowledge of varying phenomena, most importantly, knowledge of my soul. The soul, my soul, is an emotional experience processor which operates in alignment with the physical sensory input that is organized by the brain as thoughts. So my brain processes physical sensations gathered by the 5 main senses and categorizes it as various types of information, meanwhile the soul, a separate entity resting within the physical body that has yet to be detected by scientific equipment works in tandem with the brain assigning emotional context and content to every micron of information.

Any questions so far MP?

The word knowledge in that sentence could not be more inappropriate

Knowing something and thinking you know something are not the same

Actually both of your definitions of knowledge are accurate in this case of mine for one leads to the other. Knowledge presents itself then you think about that knowledgeable presentation from there on out.

The problem is when you think something is true when it is not but you still carry on thinking it is. I do not accept anything as
true less it can be shown to be so but even here it is a case of simple acceptance rather than dogmatic insistence. For I avoid
dogma as I find it to be both intellectually and morally compromising

s57,

Experience-based knowledge was being discussed in the OP, nothing less. Trusting your own experiences is required.

I think I exist. I cannot logically prove it, but my interactions with others tend to suggest it is so.
Is it being dogmatic of me to assert that I really do exist?

No

Trusting your own experiences is fine as long as you know what those experiences are

There may though come a time when you cannot explain them so then what do you do

Most importantly remain open to the possibilities of acquiring more personal experiences of the same nature. Not all personal experiences are easily understood. Experiences that happen only once and are significantly exterraneous from all your other experiences are difficult to process with known reality.

MP,

This was your request, don’t be shy now.

The only food for the soul is to love and be loved in return.

Ierr,

One of the healthy foods for the soul, as well as joy and peace. However, unhealthy foods/emotions are processed as well. Some souls gravitate towards unhealthy emotions just as human bodies crave unhealthy foods. In the hierarchy of emotions (my understanding thus far) peace tops the pyramid, then love and joy run as equals the next step down.

From Wyld’s, What Is Racism? thread~
MM wrote

Higher emotions, peace, love, joy require the soul to exert itself more to produce and sustain those emotions, while lower emotions, anger, fear, sadness require less effort. Is it easier being negative than positive? If yes, why?

So I am wondering Maniacal, you said you like my cassette tape in my avatar but I am not sure what exactly is on it. Tell me more.

Side One
Bob Dylan
Funkadelic
The Stooges

Side Two
Beethoven
Janis Joplin
King Crimson