What a wise man would do

Long before technology, the best idea a wise man could have would be to retire from the world. He would realize imposing human will on reality and the planet earth interferes with its perfection. Earth without humans would be better not worse. Today people are the opposite, AND they have technology, which changes everything.

Couldn’t agree more.

I often feel like living in a permanent hermetic reclusive lifestyle also.

There are some days I just want nothing to do with this world anymore. It stems from the realization when you understand how truly fucked this world is. A world this current grotesque humanity has molded and fashioned…

This is very different than suicide.

But to a parasite, leaving a host is like suicide.
Parasites love to eat the host, but they don’t love to be hostless.
Hunger based relationships, fake friends, want nothing more than to find “buddy” enablers to extend their little adventure in parasite land.

I’m talking about living in reclusiveness not suicide obviously.

I assumed you knew that i knew that you are not talking about suicide.

Hello Dan

I seriously doubt that. It depends on the agreement that wise=imposing the valuation that human will interferes with perfection. The world, in other words, is perfect and the imposition of the human will takes away from that perfection. I do not believe that a slab of marble was less perfect after Canova got done with it. I doubt that grass was less perfect because it was transformed into paper for men to further impose their will. Which all brings me to the question, how do you define perfection?

Without humans the very distinction could not be made, so the earth would not be better, would not be worse, but beyond such distinctions.

I think that what you might be hinting at is the fact that human existence is changing the planet. That is very much a fact. Without our existence there would be no distinction, no perfection, no imperfection, but we are also part of reality and part of this earth, so, maybe, we are actually part of its perfection rather than a hindrance to it.

In the good old days wise persons had compassion for others, and compassion is impossible to develop without people who are suffering, so they cherished other suffering humans like a rare and precious diamond.

You realise that, for all our self-judged faults, we are the absolute pinnacle of what the earth, and possibly even the universe, has thrown up so far, don’t you…?

Not really the pinnacle.
image.jpeg

Lol, with the universe, everywhere is the centre.

How can the Earth become better, how can society become better if all the wise men and women leave?

What’s the use of wisdom if it is not shared with others?

A wise man/woman is engaged and helping to the extent that he/she can.

[And since this is in the Religion section …

Jesus came to retrieve the lost sheep. That’s why he hung around with thieves and prostitutes.]

When wise men are reclusive, fools dominate.

I think its reversed. When fools dominate, wise men become reclusive.

So then society forfeits the wisdom of the wise?
Wise men don’t hide. And if they did the public platform becomes open to fools.

It’s the old myth that a wise person is some grey bearded sage in a cave on the peak of an isolated mountain.

What about ben kenobi?

The public platform is not only open to fools, but entirely comprised of nothing but fools.

Wise people isolate themselves financially.

Not necessarily as a wise person may use finances for wise purposes.

Like isolating himself from the influence of stupid people.