Why is it difficult to trust people?

Why do we find it so difficult to trust someone? Why do we doubt? When we look at somebody, we are not able to trust them immediately. Have you ever wondered why?

It is because we look at a person as a body-mind, and we feel that this body-mind will not be true, may not behave with honesty and integrity. We have no confidence that they will conform to what is right. We think: What if they deceive us? What if they do things the wrong way? What if they are not trustworthy? We must stop for a moment and change our paradigm. Don’t look at that person as a body-mind. Think of that person as the Divine Soul, the Energy, the same Soul that is in you. Think of that person as an extension of the Power that gives you life – if you think in such a way, will you doubt; will you mistrust? Chances are no. The moment we think of people as a soul, we will automatically start to trust them, love them, make them a part of our belief system, and with this understanding, life will change.

Wouldn’t it be so beautiful if we trusted everybody, if we believed in everybody? However, the question that will follow this would be ‘Oh! What if I believed in everybody and trusted everybody and then I was cheated?’ How could you be cheated? You are not the body-mind. You yourself are the Soul. Everything that is happening here is nothing but a cosmic drama, a drama that is unfolding as per the Divine will of the Creator. But do we see it that way? Till we don’t see it that way, we will live with doubt and mistrust, and we will miss the true bliss of life.

AiR

Can you trust that if you fondle a venomous snake, it won’t bite you?

allaboutfrogs.org/stories/scorpion.html

My thoughts exactly. In Southern churches where people handle timber rattlers as a matter of faith, the rattlers do not have to question what they are.

I read about that last year. A preacher who had been doing it for many years was bitten and died. He had been bitten previously but he had recovered.

I can ‘see’ Jesus shaking his head.

In my life I’ve been bitten by friends who were just being who they were. It’s hard to trust a friend who goes after your girlfriend or a brother who seduces your wife. Welcome to the real world, AiR.
See KJV Mark 16:18 for the reference to serpents, etc.

Most people are good or want to do good, the problem is the system as explained here below: the Collective/Matrix itself debases the human nature.

How humans regard themselves just depends on the their programming, and if the latter teaches that legalized mass murder for a greater good must occur, most will endure cycles of utter upheavals but also be tempted to fool the system at their own level because hopelessness rules over their hearts, and which also explains why corruption is the foundation of the system, and which in turn gullibility ends up condoning. By gullibility it is meant waiting for a savior who will fix and save the world. Rationally speaking, if large scale legalized and organized murders are deemed perfectly acceptable, why would anybody taking part in any underground criminal organization or financial ponzi schemes even question his actions? If ‘the too big to fail’ can get away with a slap on the wrist, why would street gangs dissolve, why would anybody stop using whatever system’s loopholes? If when people turn on their televisions and see so much geopolitical and fictional bloody violence, why would they refrain themselves from cheating the system at their own level at all?

Most people care about ethics and want to live honestly but if social rules and codes of conduct are designed to suit such a predatory framework, one’ sense of honesty isn’t going to - nor can - be rewarded. And never will be since a competitive framework also prevents from being genuine as stated in The Empathic Currency section under ‘Speculation And The Subversion Of Society’. Most people are resentful toward the system but allow its continuation because they give away their consent, and their submission is at the core of a low self-esteem eroding the willingness to change what is. Ultimately, the Self-Love motion, or the lack there of, governs all human interactions as explained in The Metaphysics of Sex.

celinek.net/empathsociety.html

I think his point is that if you get bitten, oh well, the divine cosmic spirit of which we are a part lives on.

You have a girlfriend and a wife? You are hoarding all the women to yourself. Where is the love? Sharing is caring.
It’s divine will that your friend is getting to taste a small piece of your pie.

No hoarding of females–different times, different places. Why make this thread about me? I noted only that I had been bitten by venomous people, who were just following their nature.

Ultimately, whether we are religious or non-religious, everything of material existence will betray us and is untrustworthy (as our expectations are absurd).

I ate a snake. taste like chicken

also

isaiah 2:22

I am a vegan, but I ate chicken once and I thought it tasted a bit like snake.

…because others have their own agenda, and they are incapable of over-riding their nature, which makes them untrustworthy by default.

If I encounter a venomous snake, then I can very much trust its nature but I cannot trust myself if I expect that snake to have a different nature.