Tarot

RATORATORATORATORRATORATORATORATORRATORATORATORATORRATORATORATORATORRATORAT

The kingdom of Osiris was vast and huge and massive and terrible. It streched from Earth to Earth and was Earthly as the fucks given by his own heart. So great was this realm that the heavens had descended upon the Earth to profit and maximize their potential. It is such that our heavens became so great; they inherited the ancient treasures of an Earth gone to dust.

On the other side of the seas, in the land of Milk and Honey, the magical Order of Astaroth held itself in place by want and will, a self-spinning web through the hearts of men, later known as the Astral world.

0: the Fool, Embarking.
Absence of knowledge that hinders progress, acting on impulse, succeeding because not knowing failure is more likely, or otherwise, failure as a beginning to learning.

1: The Magician. Seeing possibilities, thinking before acting, manipulating reality, or deeper, the ability to change the world according to ones mind and the knowledge of that ability, which is known as charisma.

There are endless drawings of this card … I found this modest one to be directly reflective of the elements I recognize in the cards significance.

The associated planet is Mercury; the trickster god as the vikings recognized in Odin. The first card representing conscious control; in the tree of life, the key to the pillar of Severity and Form;

The third card is the High Priestess. She represents the central pillar of consciousness, or the uniting of macrocosmic functions force and form, or microcosmic of left and right brain.

II

The fourth card also connects left and right; but in this case a distinct attribute of each; seed and fruit.

III

This is Isis.

IV

Going anywhere with this at all? Your just asserting statements about what values you insist the cards mean, but doing this in and of itself is meaningless, as it’s just random statements of Mes & Architypes independent of situational context, the underlying teleological function of Tarot and it’s Heurmeunetics.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_(mythology
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_archetypes

Your hinting your trying to tie the tarot and Gnostic symbology down, rather sloppy and incomplete, to the brain. You really should put more effort into it. Tarot is hardly a complete psychological representation of the mind, and produces absurdities at times due to statistic variations inherent in card shuffling and dealing… when laid out, it’s largely coincidental if it matches up to a state of experience a person CAN HAVE, and hardly what they will have. It requires a clever reader to look at the random mix and fill in the missing spots to make it relate.

You recall the Family Guy episode of South Park, in how the Manatees selected the jokes? Ttarot is like that, but less complete. Tarot as a system is only about 500 years old, from Italy. It us a very limited generator of mental states, and some of those patterns don’t match up in sequence with identifiable behavior. A call to Anachronism in uttering Gnostic and hiblical phrases isn’t going to change this, no matter how much you like the Theliema religion. You would be better off developing your own system from scratch, like molecular chemistry has for describing and creating hypothetical molecules on the autonomic scale, or astronomy has for describing the elements of hypothetical and unobservable black holes.

Don’t you recall Nietzsche mocking Kant for daydreing, looking up at the night sky, seeing infinite potential. Nietzsche looked inside impossible to see inside celestial objects and saw dark bodies.

You Nietzschean idealists half ass yourselves and forget to be the skeptic of your own presumptions at times. At times? No… all the time. Should of read up on Jerome

thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ … 3aXG7Q.jpg

This is the best translation of his autobiography out there, Nietzsche took much of his thought, including the whole if Ecce Homo, from thus book. If your going to waste your time on Nietzsche and Astrology, your more or less required to read Jerome Cardan… he is the most important influence on your school… was a very good astrologer, philosopher, and Renaissance doctor. He us the one who abandoned astrology and started the study of statistics, as we have inherited it today. I’m not kidding, Nietzsche heavily copied Ecce Homo from this work.

If your going to dick around with this stuff, read Jerome Cardan. An INTJ like Nietzsche, trying to overcome his illness through medicine and philosophy.

T Fn

Imho the tarot isn’t a psychological mind map et al, but a mapping of the spiritual phases of a journey. I think there would be a generalised schemata for how things will work, prior their existence ~ the law and patterns before the event. Tarot and astrology are an attempt at understanding that through patterns we observe in the world. As the work isn’t by any means finished, and ancient maths was incorrect, there isn’t anything tangible. You cannot observe the observer, nor colour etc, and yet we do.

Isn’t everything in the universe sets of balances ~ polarities? And does nature not use mathematical patterns in the third person [e.g. with earthquake aftershock prediction [maths of]]. I think at base there is going to be something simple, and 12 houses is as good as any. Consider that Vedic astrology uses 9x3 = 27 signs, so perhaps it isn’t about how one divides it all up, but that you have similar factors going on throughout. I’d hazard a guess that the Tarot is the same, but is looking at the whole thing in terms of progressions [of various patterns combining as needed], as opposed to patterns themeslves [like astrology].

Here’s some more ‘guesswork’…

The map I posted on another thread shows how Chinese and western astrology share meanings e.g. Dragon pairs with Libra @ China. Now consider if you thought of a nation who’s philosophy and indigenous religion is concerned with balance, where better than China!

Vedics never developed Astrology, Indians got it from Paul of Alexandria, think 4th Century AD. It was a side project of Alexander the Great, he brought along a bunch of astrologer, the Indians got the ultimate updated version… we still use the older system, either case still crap.

No, and No.

I’he done a massive amount of research into The Table of Opposites:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_Opposites

I’ve crossed referenced it to Hui Shi’s mathematical constructs, and some Skeptic Authors… as well as modern theories of Hypnogogic Progression. The opposites themselves are stratified, many dependent upon others to exist, and you run into classical noumena vs phenomena arguments fast… we presume a lot through the inference of this stratification process.

I use to collect tarot cards in that younger I was obsessed with the occult and magical superstitions.

That’s really what it all amounts to, superstition.

You don’t say?

Well, I’m sure everyone is going to turn away from the Occult after that insight there Joker.

Nihilism is a superstition too.

With respect to what particular belief?

As a moral nihilist, I believe that those who embrace one or another religious/secular rendition of God/Reason, embody the superstition that God/Reason exist such that a belief in one or the other enables “one of us” to differentiate right from wrong behavior, good from evil behavior.

And, yes, maybe this is true.

But: How do they then go about demonstrating it?

As for astrology/tarot, it would seem to start with the assumption that the future is already “out there” somewhere. And that all we can do is to be or not to be in sync with it. But if it is already as it will be how can we not be in sync with it?

I’ve always understood the psychology of those who believe in such things as folks who wish to reduce everything down yes/no, either/or, is/is not. Literally everything, right?

It either is or is not “in the stars”. It either is or is not “in the cards”.

It seems rather infantile.

But, sure, I’m always open to being persuaded otherwise.

After all, the fact that anything exists at all is really a profoundly mysterious and problematic…reality?

The myth says, ’ that Osiris was cut into fourteen different pieces, then the parts buried in fourteen different graves’

Our sad puny civilization considers its heroes by their deaths, but since we have somber graveyards without glory we can not come to understand Osiris or his death.

Death is Osiris.
Death is Life.

The shores of the vast ocean of time are always occupied by angry souls, who are bitter to have been cast out of the waves without having hold of their dream-object. Now incarnation commences as a punishment.

The shores of time are also occupied by guards. These protect the fates of men, they cast back into life some that are spilled onto the wet sand and then they keep those who, like Syrian refugees now try to enter the West, try to enter Life, in suspension.

Sometimes life is like death. Suspension, not being part of any external conscious, social processes. The philosopher is often alone, as no one speaks his language. Fortunate he who speaks the language of the skies or the earth, or both - he is a druid and no longer are his thoughts isolated in a hypothetical future, but inserted into the earth almost immediately as they occur. The mind now cultivates the earth and out of this a species is born.

Thought, Heidegger thought, is of an agricultural nature.

Life is a game of chance. This is why it is well represented in the cards.

The Tarot cards have been assembled and organized in the proportions that ancient wise godlike men discerned in the nature of a human being.

So patterns of correspondence arise.

The main law of Tarot practice is: energy = accuracy.
The more energy involved, the more accurately the patterns of chance (Uncertainty) in the beings situation, the macrocosmos, and in the cards, the microcosmos, come to cohere with one another.

V

The Hierophant… contemplating the heavens rather than the earth, looking to the horizon of possibility, a passive form of the Magician, yet richer, a function of royalty; where the earthly impulses of abandon and control have been married in a supreme ruler, a hierarchy of drives, the universe opens up. The Hierophant is the card of madness, of crossing the abyss on a magic carpet, or tumbling in and living a life of diamond mining in the trenches of what one might have considered hell from above… bears are the animals related to this because bears basically just stumble around and fool themselves into silly games - they can afford to do this out of strength. Here also the fool comes back into the equation. Cards 0 and 1 combined. A function of mankind that is not understood or integrated in this world. We need to laugh at it to accept it. Women are drawn to such men but they are invisible to other men, so the course of events does not alter on their accord except by schemes that are all too widely spread indeed…

Traditionally this card represents order and tradition. That is a naive assessment; it is rather the excesses of order that are somehow guided into progress by a speculative ethics.

Some people can roll the dice to their desired outcome by conscious intent by margins that are statistically well outside of any sort of likelihood.

We need to stop thinking about the now as if it excludes the future. That is ridiculous.
If we could stop time for a moment we would be shocked by how obvious it is that things correspond to extreme degrees - no other form of pressure could have engineered without a top down approach this body of ours. All happens along a grid of possibility.

Evolution is so spectacular in its changes because it is heavily guided by fixed paths into the future. Failures are all too soon aware of their failing. There is a vacuum outside of the course of progress, like a whirlpool that reverses its effect beyond a certain threshold; one is whirled out of the equation, into a shadowy area that can exist due to the internet.

The internet functions as a kind of purgatory. A vacuum exists for men… a new stage of evolution has begun and it is the inability to exist in the future that forges the nihilistic mindset of hedonism and despair.

Tarot is not a means to forge a future, but it works only within the mindset that holds a future.

Superstition requires belief, which I don’t have in anything.

TF

I was speaking about polar opposites in physics, not contextual ‘opposites’ in language. Hindu’s did have something akin to astrology being a pagan religion, but yes you are right in that they adopted western.

What about china, the map location along with libra/dragon, does that not make any sense to you?

It’s one of those things that got me into experimentalism and out of categorism.
When I was 21 I received a Tarot deck as a gift, I wasnt interested in that sort of shit at all but I shuffled them around a bit and noticed the power of the depictions. Soon enough, I was able to command specific cards to fall out of the deck. Or it was more like they announced their arrival before I would touch the cards, and I had no problem selecting the cards that talked.

I wonder if people really dont relate to this, or if its just bitching for the sake of attention. It’s so evidently real to me, and to most people I interact with, that it’s not worth the trouble of arguing for its possible existence, even though Ive been compelled to do that to those who are in fact willing to think.

This being a place where that can happen; again this relates to value. Senses communicate values, Values also communicate bypassing the senses, when the attention is sufficient.
Senses communicate those things to which we dont pay attention. The frontal lobes are able to pick up on a whole world of information by adjusting ‘electrical form’. Mandalas are representations of such forms.

Subtle energy forms are kept in place throughout our being and between our beings by such things as thoughtpatterns and behaviorpatterns.

Reactions from friends were usually along the lines of an uncomfortable accomplices grin and a request; dude, stop that.
It’s not an easy thing to place, yet it speaks to deep layers of the mind that the personality is largely unacquainted with.

And they wonder why the people are so utterly powerless.
At least in the olden days, the people still had their magic. Now they’ve been convinced that it’s a superstition. Now, they are truly helpless

Its hateful when a people renounces its magic. It’s so god damned ironic that the masters they hate so much are doing nothing without incorporating it with ancestral magic.

Magic is the art of excess.

Magic is the superstition of fools usually the religious variety.

The word magic conjures all sorts in the mind, and I think people feel safer if they think it doesn’t exist.

In a sense, all knowledge in the experience is arcane!

The first emergence of science in human history was considered magic by the ignorant.