The Iron Gods, the Earthy Gods

Contact with the Odin is unmistakable.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZwO0N-hRxU[/youtube]

Hecate is badass for sure. Infinite longing, or rather a vessel into which can be discharged endless amounts of impassioned vitality. I believe she may be somewhat more sparing with what she gives back, though; it depends on what you give her.

The gods do not give one fucking fuck for any stupid shit. Hence, for most people or most of the things people do. Maybe that’s why we get along so well, me and the gods. Because I am the same way.

Sounds like you have some real experience with her.

She is very mysterious.
I was originally under the impression that she is the “crone” to complete he generational trinity of Persephone, Demeter and, thus, Hecate, but I have come to learn that this is a later interpretation.

Hecate:

infinite longing. Insatiability, but as both pain and pleasure.

What of Hera.
Does she even accept the existence of humans at all?

Kraa Kraa
Come nigh

Empty beach
Tight flag
Good wind

Lead grey
Our sea
Come nigh

Kraa kraa
Soft wind
Salt wind
Fish wind
Old wind

Words
Like scattered shells
Glimmer in the surf

Black winged
Mischief
Glimmers in the mind

Never an end
Always the wind
Carrying its beings

There was Wind
Then there was a first
It had two wings
So the Number was born
And the many followed

In most languages that work with genders, the Moon is designated as feminine. La Lune, and the Sun as masculine; Le Soleil.

However in German these gender roles are reversed. Der Mond, Die Sonne.

Most of us who arent barren wrecks have some feelings about the characters of Sun, Moon, and in general mighty natural phenomena. The moon is usually associated with the mother. It is really quite odd and interesting that, to a German, the moon would rather pertain to the father, despite the role of the moon in a womans “blood management”.

It seems that the Pagans used lunar calendar first. Their days started at sunset, making moon the primary object for counting days, so maybe its primacy led to it being associated with a a brother/boy (and sun with a sister/girl) in the folklore at first (brother the moon, and the sister the sun). The other guess is that sun may have been associated with fertility cults by the ancients that were connected to the female reproductive qualities.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Máni

wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_calendar

Note: Mane (moon) in Norwegian is also masculine.

I once asked a Muslim man in a conversation why the Muslims still use the lunar calendar. He simply told me that the sun is the same every day and changes with seasons, but the moon changes every day, so it’s easy to do timekeeping in smaller sections a inother words, that the moon is more accurate for time keeping than the sun. Simple enough explanation.

It would be interesting to explore the historical adaptations of time keeping that we use today. As I recall we adopted minutes and seconds from the ancient Babylonians who counted in 60’.

I also believe English measurement system is better than the metric as it is more conservative naturalistic, although it may be more awkward to use practically. Yes, most will defend the metric system BC of its ease of use, but the origin of bases seem to be more arbitrary. How far can you go before you just say, it just is so for convenience’s sake?

You dont leave much to doubt. This is something that is asking to be implemented if we are asking to advance, our capacity to be worthy of the gods. One may take gods symbolically or literally, it doesnt matter; worthy of that which is above us.

I was pondering for an example of the solar feminine and realized that in Arabia, that was exactly what I witnessed. On my post 911 investigation in Damascus, wherever I went to visit a family there was a general hovering of men and children around a seated matriarch at the center of whichever remarkable space housed that family. Beautiful strange places, one operatic roman styled patio with three or four levels of galleries, the mother sat on a throne under the open space leading to the sky, the children happily running around, a small girl giving me a balloon, the mother completely silent and the men hiding in the shadows. Another was a concrete room with carpets on the wall and the same situation. Men found a shadow to hide in. The mother in the center throne, the eldest daughter standing on the most elevated thing in the room with her back to a wall scrutinizing me with some attractive sadism.
Maybe the men were hiding as they were Hezbollah, but they were good at it.

If I want to define “naive” for myself I might think of the opposite of these women.

I do feel that men are more prone to lunacy than women. Women, even in the midst of sheer madness, keep their self-interest at heart. Men appear in different shapes and in orbit of some thing they obsess over, never fully aware of their proper character.

The Moon is in tropical (seasonal, mathematical) Aries now approaching the sidereal Aries, the actual constellation.
A focus on the moon in the sense of initiating an approach is fitting to this placement.

Today is March 8

following days with moon in Aries;

April 4
May 1
May 28
June 25
July 22
August 18
September 15
October 12
November 8
December 5
January 30
February 25
March 24
April 20

Have to start somewhere. The fact that January 1st, my sisters and my own birthday and our most important national day of feast (Sinterklaasavond) occur during such placements will serve as a good omen.

Full moon in Aries will be a Libra Sun, so thats the October date. New Moon in Aries is coming up next, the April date.

The first lunar year in the first year of Saturn within the fourth year of Jupiter.
Starting April 4 2019.

Since the feminine character of the Moon has since thousands of years been associated with the fixed earth sign of Venutian Taurus, it is no small thing to discover the masculine character of the Moon in the cardinal fire sign of Martial Aries.

Note that the point of a calendar isnt to identify meaning, but to create a pattern of consciousness, in which a deeper valuing of life comes to be embedded - see it as the soil of time being tilled by the sharp plow of awareness.
Whatever comes to arise as meaning within such a calendars days comes on its own accord, but within the welcoming environment of attention to the recurrence of the same. A year of whichever type, a cycle one lives and counts by, is a house for the mind.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Khonsu
Moon as the great wanderer, traveller, and the protector.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_(mythology
Sin/Nanna, the god of time-keeping, wisdom and astrology.

google.com/amp/s/www.ancien … p/1-15667/

Lunar god Máni

Sabazios, identified with the lunar god Men, standing upon a ram’s head (from syncretic cult). (The hand gesture is characteristic of this cult)
i.pinimg.com/originals/27/4f/e8 … de1141.jpg

Majestic stuff.

Thank you Pandora. This all is most valuable to me.

The name Mani lives on in Dutch, where the Moon is called Maan.
Our language is in many instances deeply faithful.

Like the word for the number nine, negen, can be read backwards, appropriate to the nature of the 9 in the root system.

9 is the Kabalic number of the Moon; the sphere of Yesod, represented by an ideal male form.

polarissite.net/tree–yesod.html