The Iron Gods, the Earthy Gods

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: The Iron Gods, the Earthy Gods

Postby UrGod » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Jeraz the summer heat
Plentiful in harvest under orange moons
Dank like Earth
Thick with blood spilled from the goat
Sacrificed at sunset
Heavy like the muscles of oxen
That plow our autumn fields
Color-full like dry leaves blazing
Redorangeyellowbrown
Like the clever souls of beggars
Who love the sunheat on subtle sands
JERAZ stimulates the fruitful Fall winds
Pumpkins and squash still with soil
Clinging used in my stew
Nourishment
The satiety of the wild tiger after a meal

JERAZ, the
Self-happy

JERAZ, the
Fresh full belly on the
New journey at first morning’s light
Greeted by birdsong

12th Rune.
I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 am

Magnificent. I will add your proposal for replacement of Jesus the Crucified with a dancing symbol that of harvest-feast, winter-wealth.

Halloween and Christmas are among our societal existential meat. I consider anyone who doesn’t appreciate such holidays and wants to degrade them, such as school district administrators, to be less than the little beetle I saw crawling around here a couple days ago, before it got too cold for it.

Beetles are ok in my book. But they don’t like the cold. Only hot earthsouls like the cold, we like to plunge ourselves into snow drifts as N said.

Jesus doesn’t own Christmas, Christmas owns Jesus. JESUZ. Yes I’ll transform him into a proper rune, so he can finally get down from that fucking cross and do a shaman dance on top of some pumpkins an Santa cookies.

Fiat.

SCORPIO JERAZ
Thunderbolt steers all things.

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:46 pm

SISYPHUS: "Well, I don't celebrate Christmas as it is a Christian holiday but I do give out candy to any kids who come by on Halloween night.  Halloween was important for me when I was a kid."

FC: "Yeah, Thrasys point here is that we can do away with the Christian nature of Christmas and consecrate it anew as the celebration of the winter solstice, the "return of the light in the dark" the point where the days will become longer.

From roughy december 21st to 24st the sun "stations" from our perspective, symbolized perversely by Jesus 3 nights death after which he resurrected on Christmas Day, when the days begin to lengthen.

There is absolutely no reason to hold on to the disgusting image of a scantily clad malnourished guy on the cross to recognize this practically very significant point in time and celebrate it.

These ancients were sick to the bone.
I ve always hated Christmas for its dark and prudent solemnity that it represents in Europe. Ive always liked the excess, the familial joy the Americans projected into it. And Capable's step here is the final one: Christmas is now, per philosophic decree, detached from the crucified."

I've been guided somewhat by William Blake's quote: "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create". Just change 'system' for 'style'. - Bill

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Just found this gem elsewhere on the forum.

Chakra Superstar wrote:Hiding.

There's a massive storm just above me and I'm terrified. :lol:

Getting bombarded with rocks of hail that are about to smash the windows and the rain is coming in on such an sharp angle against the glass, it sounds as though the rain would slice you open if the windows gave way.

I might have to unplug the main computer and take it downstairs in case the roof caves in... #-o

I tell you, these tropical storms are something else. It just depends on how long they stay around. The storms up here feel as though they're right above you. The crash of the thunder is almost deafening. I have to plug my ears or it feels my ear drums will shatter. The lightening is spectacular though. Just constant flashes and explosions. For a second or two, it's almost like daytime. The house is rumbling and the ground shaking. Tree branches are crashing onto the roof. My poor birds...

The last massive storm we had up here was about 5 years ago. It didn't stop teaming with rain for nearly two months. I'd never seen it rain that hard in my entire life and it went on for day after day after day. It was as though the house was sitting under a waterfall - no let up, just constant 100% waterfall. You could hardly see further than a couple of feet in front of you. I was locked away from everyone for ages but I kinda liked it. It was like living alone in the tropical jungle. Scary but exciting. Nobody to rely on but yourself.

This one aint anywhere near as bad - so long as a tree doesn't come through the roof or hail smashes through the windows, I'll be fine... [-o<

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Interesting...

Joan Bamberger wrote:
    Mythical Origins of Fuegian Male Ceremonies
Among the Yamana-Yaghan people the Kina is both a ceremony and an architectural structure. Called the Great Hut, or men’s lodge, its membership is restricted to adult initiated males. On occasion a woman has been admitted to the Kina, but only after she satisfies the male members that she can be trusted with the Kina secrets. In 1922 Gusinde attended a ceremony in which one woman was singled out to receive this honor.

The following version of the Yamana origin myth of the Kina is shortened from Gusinde (1961: 1238-49):
The chief goal of the group of men at their Kina is to remind the female population anew of their superiority and to make all the women definitely feel their greater power .... The women were the first to perform Kina. At that time the women had sole power; they gave orders to the men who were obedient, just as today the women obey the men. The men also sat in back at the stern, the women in front at the bow of the canoe. All the work in the hut was performed by the men, with the women giving orders. They took care of the children, tended the fire, and cleaned the skins. That is the way it was always to be.

The myth continues to relate how the women invented the Great Kina Hut “and everything that goes on in it”, and then fooled the men into thinking that they were spirits. “They stepped out of the Great Hut...painted all over, with masks on their heads.” The men did not recognize their wives, who, simulating the spirits, beat the earth with dried skins “so that it shook.” Their yells, howls, and roars so frightened the men that they “hastened into their huts, and hid, full of fear.” The women continued their dreadful performances, holding the men in “fear and submission” so that they should do all the work as the women had ordained.

One day the Sun-man, who supplied the women-spirits in the Kina hut with an abundance of game, while passing a lagoon overheard the voices of two girls. Being curious, he hid in the bushes and saw the girls “washing off painting that was characteristic of the ‘spirits’ when they appeared.’“ They also were practicing imitations of the voice and manner of the daughters of the Sun, both prominent spirits in the Kina hut. Suddenly the Sun-man confronted them, insisting that the girls reveal to him “what goes on in the Kina hut.” Finally they confessed to him: “It is the women themselves who paint themselves and put on masks; then they step out of the hut and show themselves to the men. There are no other spirits there. It is the women themselves who yell and howl;

in this way they frighten the men.” The Sun-man then returned to the camp and exposed the fraudulent women. In revenge the men stormed the Kina hut, and a great battle ensued in which the women were either killed or transformed into animals, and “from that time on the men perform in the Kina hut; they do this in the same manner as the women before them.” A new social order thus came to prevail among the Yamana. The women, once the proud owners of the Kina and its secrets, gave them up and became subordinate to the men.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Very good, this guy connects Feoh with value, and Uruz with power.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Prelude

Tiwaz
Tiger-style
Thunderbolt straight into the crown of your head when you fuck up
Supreme Judge, Zeus flanked by Ares
Title for the Highest, High Praise, Masculine Might
"Eagle in the Sky"
Law, whole hearted reason, no compromise before values
Consistency, what prevails, Truth.

That the best survive and the rest collapse; Justice.

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Jakob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 pm

For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:39 pm

In short, what the Gods have granted us to do by dint of learning, we must learn. What is hidden from mortals we should try to find out from the Gods by divination; for to him that is in their grace the Gods grant signs.

~ Xenophon, Memorabilia
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby UrGod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 am

That’s BADAZ
I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Just found this.
Aesir Broadcasting Network

Dudes from the Deep South.
Lets see what they're made of.

Starting with their program on Algiz.
https://tunein.com/radio/ABN---Aesir-Br ... =111399409

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm

How life is

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:25 pm

The idea of fate as a matter of weaving is ancient... this is the reason why so many Goddesses are portrayed enacting this craft.

The Three Norns

- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality