Becoming a rune dancing priestess

Sorry, but when I read all these dry, arid sterile debates about what Jesus did or did not say, or what he meant, or whatever, or whether the Christian god is good or bad (is there really any doubt?), I feel like weeping. Or laughing. And laughter is the best cure against evil.

+The Priestesses shall be taught how to direct the life-force of the earth with runic dance, mimicking the physical shapes of the runes and altering the flow of telluric (earth) energy through their bodies for specific ritual purposes. This shall also serve as a means of communication with the ancient gods of the land, by which messages and requests can be spelt out – literally – as spells.+

sovereignmercia.webs.com/paganism.htm

I don’t think I could ever get a magic dance to work.
I’m sticking with old fashioned meditation.

It is possible that our ancestors in 30,000 BCE, practiced a sort of runic or sympathetic magic. Drawings on cave walls and ritual reinactment of the hunt may have been used to assure success in the hunt. The same sort of sympathetic magic was practiced by natives who did dances to cause rain or success in battle. In short, sympathetic magic or the belief that certain things done will cause other things to be done is prehistoric.

duplicate post

That’s exactly right, it is as old as the human race, probably older, and is instinctive within us.

It’s called magical thinking and it’s really only instinctual inasmuch as our notions of, and assumptions about, causality are instinctual.

Like all our instincts it has evolved for a very good reason. Namely, because it works.

It sure does, which is why placebos are effective.

What’s the life force of the earth? Can it be explained by physics?

Things that work are not always placebos.

What’s physics? Can it be explained by the life force of the earth?

I’ll take that as your concession that you’re not making any sense here.

Life force has to do with living and semi living energies. It’s a catch all phrase sometimes.

Sympathetic magic is alive and well in fundamentalistic, faith healing Christian churches. Benny Hinn relies on it.

the important jesus message is how to treat other people with kindness…
I am not sure what becoming a rune dancing priestess does for you…

Jesus was not the first to come up with that idea and like all monotheistic religions, it comes with a whole load of authoritarian baggage.

Paganism is all about experiencing the divine, and not about being told what to believe.

you are right about that…cant we have both nature and jesus

Jesus represents monotheism, and is just one of a long line of self-styled prophets telling others what to do. Monotheism is the antithesis of Paganism, the de-sacralising of nature and life.

Jesus was not the first to come up with that idea and like all monotheistic religions, it comes with a whole load of authoritarian baggage.

Paganism is all about experiencing the divine, and not about being told what to believe.
[/quote]
you are right about that…cant we have both nature and jesus
[/quote]
Jesus represents monotheism, and is just one of a long line of self-styled prophets telling others what to do. Monotheism is the antithesis of Paganism, the de-sacralising of nature and life.
[/quote]
but maia -----lets forget jesus…what about the golden rule…

What’s the golden rule?