Becoming a rune dancing priestess

Apologies if I seem disrespectful. I simply don’t see how sympathetic magic, the religion of our distant ancestors, speaks to us today. I do see it in the practices of fundy, Christian churches. In that respect it is religion or infant spirituality. Wicca has given us no prophets such as Jesus, Buddha, Confucius. And. sympathetic magic smacks of self-centered beliefs. It says little of caritas or agape.

Sympathetic magic never Went away, but it was certainly suppressed and anything that smacked of paganism was supressed, until recently in horrible violent ways, now mainly through shaming and social violence. But it was Always present even in Europé, though people had to be careful. Wicca has not had a prophet, sure. Though wicca is a fairly recent reformulation of various pagan ideas and followed by small Groups in predominantly Christian areas. And since proselytizing and saving people is not at all like in Christianity, it is hard to see how they will become huge. But here’s the thing, paganism does not sit well with modern empires - modern meaning going back a thousand years or so. It is more tribal and also tend to be connected to specific pieces of land and nothing as huge as say, France. Jesus’ religion fit very well with the Powers that be. He basically said that the secular Powers, even if they are jerks, should not be challenged, since the real Kingdom is in heaven. That is not the way pagans would view it. Confucious was not a prophet. The Buddha also developed a system that generally fit well with secular Power and the state and despots, etc. The popularity of a prophet does not mean that that prophet is better than Another one. Or Adam Smith and Bill Gates would be the greatest prophets. And the religions that came out of Abrahamic prophets have made it hell on Earth for anyone who did not Believe as they did.

some good ideas Moreno…one thing I wanted to comment on…jesus did go against some group that had power and authority…otherwise he would not have been killed…

I think we all understand that by prophet I meant the voice of the major religions. And I tried to make it clear that religion is immature spirituality. It can lead to something more. So what does paganism lead to? Does it teach us how to love and respect one another? Or is it simply a reaction against the excesses of other religions?

duplicate post

The Pagan worldview most certainly leads to love and respect for each other. This is not handed down from on high as something you must do, however. It just comes naturally.

“I could never believe in a God that doesn’t know how to dance”

• Nietzsche

I’d almost say magic isn’t complete without the dimension of dance.

Ancient Hebrews worshiped with music and dance.

duplicate post

As with all magic, its practice is pointless until it isn’t magic to you.
If you want to really dance, learn the real steps.

Which are?

As a good Christian, I am going to advocate that… the blind girl indeed dances… infact, I think she should go out to the Cliffs of Dover and twirl like a Dervish for hours. It will surely have a transcendental outcome… for a few moments, you’ll feel like your flying through the air… and people will be so impressed, they will talk about the blind girl who spun herself dizzy along the cliff, and maybe even put a monument dedicated to you where you left this earthly realm and transcended to the world beyond. Will become a great Wiccan Pilgrimage site… where others can try to rival your spiritual actions, and become one with the inner Goddess.

She cant see that… you gotta include the text outside of the pic for her silly, with a sense of context. Now she has to run to someone and ask them to preform the dance in the picture in disco clothes infront of her so she can feel how lame it really is.

On a more serious note, I see all belief systems as ’lame’ including Christianity. The fact that Christianity plundered Pagan mythology for their symbols, auspicious dates, ceremonial rituals and archetypes just shows how ‘lame’ Christianity’ is. But then again, I think all belief systems are lame.

Beliefs are programs. They are mental cages. It doesn’t matter if they’re pagan or philosophical, religious or atheistic systems of beliefs – a cage is a cage is a cage – and cages are not to designed to free the believer but to imprison him.

This I believe.

…depends on the dance.

The “Dance of Life” is stated in the first sentence of my signature.
No magic required.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNmGaEw57Q[/youtube]

Last time I was in Jerusalem, I followed some Jews to the Wall at dusk on Friday, the beginning of the Sabbath. I encountered so much dance there, I was very surprised.

Cant find the right videos right now. But even when I entered a Synagogue there, it was packed with madly … “vibing” bearded ones.
Heres how that chase started.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOS1SFt2VbM[/youtube]

Fuckers walk fast.

::

By the way I just realize this is in a Rune-Dance thread.
Hm.

Let me just insert the proper element.

Wunjo
Joy

Wunjo, Wonne
Wind of fame
fury of the dance where everything seems light. Light-headed. Big-headed.
When the storm comes, one is ready, inflated, with wealth, love power and magnitude -
all will fall away, but Wunjo will be remembered.
Wunjo is described in the books of old because the other books didnt survive
All gods are winners, Wunjo is at the heart of all gods.
How does he dance so lightly? “I could only believe in a god that knows how to dance” -
Wonne, winning - whirlwind of wealth, the thing you just can’t help looking at.
Winning seems easy - thats why its so nice. It looks like it comes all natural.
Losing seems hard. And it is. Wunjo knows this, this is why she is so proud of her win, of herself, of the fact that she stands out, as a beacon to all those that don’t want to lose and are ready to do the ultimate thing: be awesome.
Its scary, Wunjo has a big head, a rams head, she is steady like a bull, and she can sting like a bee, but talk to her and you will find her soft spoken, one and all warmth, willingness to let you share in her splendor; she will mockingly be that Sun of Zarathustra’s address; what would she be without those that bathe in her light? And she will mercifully let you think that she is shining all for you. Wunjo, Victory, Venus. There can be only one.
End of the first Futhark Aett.

Maia

Tell me how magic works, Maia, for you.

The thing which makes it appear as though magic actually works is the belief that it works.
It is a trick of the mind.
Some people want to believe that they have the power to control everything so they engage in magical thinking. The mind is quite capable of creating fantasy and a story to suit our own purposes.
Magical thinking is no different in a way than believing that there is a personal God who is always looking out for us, loves us, and who answers every prayer.
We conjure up any story to keep us safely in our little cocoons.
It’s okay for children but at some point most children disengage from it.

There is a lot of what would appear to be magic in the universe but it is not the magic conjured up by those who need to feel protected and loved by assuming that they caused something to happden.
It is the real magic which when understanding the laws behind something, becomes even more awesome than what some think to be magic.

There is nothing wrong with becoming what one would consider to be a rune dancing priestess. Something like that feeds our psyche. It is a spiritual practice which can bring joy and make the spirit soar.

Poor Testa.

Arc, magic is addressing with our purest emotions, love and a form of deep reverence that others bluntly experience as terror, that which our consciousness, which addresses not even a trillionth of the information around us, does not dare touch or most cases simply has not evolved to touch, see, know, experience.

Magic is deep love. The deepest there is on Earth. Im sure you know of it but don’t dare to call it by its name,

LIKE MANY OF YOU FOOLS.

bless Maia for her well honed instincts.