From humble soul-searching to hijacking the universe

"[…] the image of the individuality shining direct into the subconscious mind of the personality and attracting and influencing it as a fisherman plays a fish - "

As the subconscious seeks the soul, it is elusive, the tides of passion emergent and dissolving, happiness and unhappiness, are caused by the appreciation, on the part of the soul, of the effort of love on the part of the subconscious.

This is why it finally requires that the subconscious passes through a (first) dark night. Finally love is understood as the only ground that can justify, and that what is justifies is always growth.

As we know love drives us in a certain direction. Whenever it occurs it is an arrow, sometimes outward, sometimes inward. Most of the time outward, in philosophers and religious humans inward… and in artist in both directions.

In philosophy, the dark night of the soul is nihilism. In the religious, it is what is meant by the term, a soul-searching where all faith is lost and one has to find it again, relying only on ones effort, thereby on ones valuing of the cause. He must actively value, because the religious nature can not become a sceptic, and only a sceptic can become a nihilist.

For the artist, the dark night is simply the crisis before every significant artwork. Artists can easily lose themselves in this night altogether and perish, as for them the walking of this path is a treasurehunt. They get addicted. And they must – there is nothing as annoying as an artist who has seen the light.

To create art, one has to submit certainty and contentment to the obsession with creating value. In order to create value, one must assume an emptiness, a blank canvas. Only a specific type of temperament can “handle” this – it is at once a pathology and a freedom of a certain necessity, the type that makes life so hard to endure.

The artist is superior in this way to the Buddha, that the Buddha renounces suffering where the artist submits it ti a greater joy – the only freedom that exists in this causal world, creating fantastical forms beyond purpose, solely meant to be irresistible to the human mind. Art is the will to power over what is, and if God exists, he may have started out as an artist, he does not necessarily have to stand at the root of being (and cannot stand at the root of “raw existence” no-thingness, timeless potential), so it is even possible to conceive that we could war with God, separate from him, recreate our segment of the cosmos as an autonomous valuing system. Our culture could live to be older than God. If God is not in fact worthy of being part of, and if we choose to believe in a meta-being at all. What’s more - we don’t even have to believe in God to become God-like, to stand at the root of a universe.

Perhaps the myth of Lucifer is meant to illustrate this possibility, perhaps it is even a historical account. If this is so then there will always reign a conflict in our cosmos between the alien values of God, which we see shine through in his believers – endurance, lack of logic – and the Lucifereans who partake in this separated world, which lives by the more direct necessities of valuing, instead of the perfected & megalomanic ones of the supreme Artist Tyrant, the Lord of Eternal Order & Justice.

On this humble plane we do not seek to serve what has been determined to rule eternally for the greatest pleasure of the common denominator. We need to keep our options open; It is possible that God did not fully understand what he was doing.

My post assumes an awful lot of the reader and it must probably be laughed at out loud to be understood – know it makes me laugh to conspire to hijack the universe – as religion is the test tube of fancies, I post it in this place as I am inspired by its fanciful context. I wish all of you your ever deepening selves into the increasingly powerful heart of eternity.

I want to make some comments to this post but I’m afraid, as much as I ‘danced’ inwardly to the reading of it, words quite fail me. I have to remain satisfied with the ‘food’ without being able to describe what it is I have eaten.

However, and quote: “there is nothing as annoying as an artist who has seen the light” I would say that this is equally true of anyone who has seen the light and insists on letting everyone else know what that was like, and worse, what it all means now! I know, I’ve been there and hindsight is amazing in clarifying a vision.

Thank you “Fixed Cross”

You are welcome and thanks for sharing your reaction. I am honored.