Religion & Sprituality Forum Announcements

This will be where Announcements are made that affect or matter to those frequenting the Religion forum.

The Rules have been Amended.

The change basically is that all warnings will come from people pressing the report icon now instead of the moderator scanning for rule violations.
Read more of the details about how this works in the Religion Forum Rules.

This change was made as a result of a collective discussion between myself and various members of ILP over a span of a number of months in respectful personal messages.

The general standing of most of the petitions was that the Religion forum is too strict, even for strict.
While I do not bow instantly, such notices do not go unrecognized, nor do I forget them.
Collectively over time they start to form a picture that is hard to avoid.

That picture is that those frequenting ILP in the Religion section are interested in a kind of Libertarianism for Moderation injunction.
Strict rules that are held by the governing body, but a governing body that only becomes involved when beckoned by the “citizens”.

As such, the Religion section is now Libertarian in format of moderation rather than Conservative.

And no, no warnings will be recanted.
Those were given under the correct ruling and policy of the previous moderating format.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease now?

I have seen This before…

Out come the political hyenas. :confused:

No, actually, it’s not related to any single case or really complaints.

It was related to a conversation that has a tangent from a variety of senior members, and some newer members, over time via PM where people debated the rational success grade of one format over another.
In the end, I decided that this method achieves the ideas people have talked to me about over time.
And it serves a second purpose; I don’t have to read EVERY single post on the forum and can spend less time scanning for problems and just enjoying the site and being the moderator when needed.
Which means more time with my family as well.

All around, it’s a win in my opinion.

Well done for all the efforts of all the staff, moderators, and contributors.

Looks like I’m back in religion and covering for Stumps while he is out.

It is still his forum, so we’ll be playing by his rules. Just pretend that I’m him until he gets back.

I’m back; thanks Xun.

I’ve found the religious forum here to be very tolerant of diverse beliefs. I’m not kissing ass. I’m recognizing what I’ve found to be here. In all of the forums reduction of debates to ad hominem is the end of debate and the beginning of oneupmanship. While I sometimes get exasperated enough to resort to name-calling, I can in no way justify it.
The PEW report seems to have bought out the worst in us, the vitriol that is exemplified in current politics, the intolerance of many religious perspectives.
I’d be glad to get back into a discussion of what the poll proves or disproves, but not into conservative vs liberal self-substantiations that lead to no viable compromise or intelligent resolution.

[size=150]AFTER DISCUSSION AMONGST THE ILP STAFF, THE RELIGION FORUM RULES HAVE BEEN REVISED.
PLEASE CHECK THE RULES FOR THE UPDATE.[/size]

[size=150]THE THEOLOGICAL DISCUSSIONS SECTION WILL BE REMOVED AND PLACED INTO THE ARCHIVES NEXT MONDAY (03/07/11).
Collect any information that you wish to save a copy of before it is removed. [/size]
[size=85](pm’s to the staff to get copies of material will be needed after it reaches the archives)[/size]

I will be out for a few days. I have an infection in my mouth, caused from a wisdom tooth coming in at 90 degrees lateraly. I am heavily sedated on morphine until the infection is cleared.
Ive attached my xray for fun…bottom left of xray…my right side.
[tab]

[/tab]

I’m pretty much back at this point folks.
Here’s a lovely pic for my return.
[tab]

[/tab]

This section has been adjusted to make it more clear:

This was done because rule violations will now be enforced regularly per individual violation instead of gracing a group of violations in one post as one violation, as I have softly been doing.

This means a simple basic suggestion: Don’t violate the rules.

Lovely pic indeed sir, i think i tossed up something I ate years ago

New Name: Religion and Spirituality.

On 12/17/13 I informed the ILP administrator that I was preparing for occupational and personal changes that I expected to keep me very busy throughout next year. I anticipated that I would not be able to keep up with moderator responsibilities under the circumstances. Therefore, I submitted my resignation. I offered to keep up with moderator responsibilities as well as time permitted until a replacement was found. Indeed, the changes in my situation have prevented me from keeping up with the R&S Forum as much as I think the job requires. Nevertheless, a new moderator has not yet been named. Consequently, in addition to me checking in to catch up with moderating responsibilities when time permits, other staff members may assist by intervening from time to time until a new moderator is selected. I enjoyed my time as moderator. Thanks to you all for participating in discussions during my tenure. I plan to continue to participate on ILP as a regular member when I have the time.

I will be sad to see you go, Felix. Maybe you will post now and then. Since your absence, the religious forum seems to have deteriorated.

Hope you stick around, Felix. I enjoy your contributions.

Thanks Ierrellus, anon. I plan to continue participation when I have the time. As it is now, I pop in when I have a chance and do moderating chores. I saw evidence that another staff person moderated a thread. So it is not being completely neglected. If anyone spots something that they think requires moderating, please report it and I’ll look into it ASAP. It could all be kind of wiki-moderating if enough participate.