The 11th Commandment

1. Thou shalt not be morally indignant.

Yes? No? Maybe? :-"

If i had to make an 11th commandment, i’d say,
“let your compassion guide all of your actions.”

No, only because the definition of “moral” is so incredibly broad. The religions of the world have enough in terms of telling other people how to live their lives, no need to make the list any longer.

Following suit with the other 10, sure.
Now just run off and detail the conditions of that with about 60 to 62 commandments and we’ll call it done.

I was kind of thinking of it as similar to Kierkegaard’s comment that if Hegel had only added a footnote saying everything he just did was “just a mind exercise” (or something along those lines), that his philosophical writings would have been brilliant, rather than absurd.

Likewise, moral guidelines and behavior without moral indignation are commendable, imo. Isn’t morality, to a large extent at least, about overcoming aggression? And isn’t moral indignation essentially aggressive in nature? Moral indignation is the poison that ruins the whole thing. Lack of moral indignation liberates and dignifies the whole thing. It’s not even necessary to be morally indignant towards oneself, let alone towards others. It’s extra baggage, at least.

Much warmer, more positive, and less clever than mine. I like it!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=170746&start=0#p2120370

The platinum rule would be good.

The true 11th Commandment:

Let not thy mind deceive you nor thy mind mislead you. let truth be thy guide, and wisdom thine partner. Let not the trials of reality spoil thy sight, let not the views of others taint thine soul. let not ignorance or blindness soften thine hunger for that which is hungered for. Let thine curiosity lead thee, and thine imagination not limit thee. Let none say this is as it is and that this thee should be. Let these words which thine now read sink deep and thine understanding be known. Let not thine mind confuse thee, for these words which I have writ and their meaning is simple. Let thou wilt be free, and thou douist as thout will. Let yee learn thine own truth, and let thine own truth be only thine own’s. Thout shall not discourage others from their path, lest thou forget thine own in search of falsehoods. This upon you I grant, my final commandment which though hast needed and yet ignored, this commandment which I hast writ into every being under my creation. Thou hast free will to use as thoust see fit, to learn to be and to hate and to love. Thou must first be tru to thyself before one can be true to me.

If you understand that commandment you know it’s truth. In the essence of life is writen that message. In the very mind and soul of beings is written that thaught. do not forsake what you are unto yourself. That path leads only to error and ignorance.

And no I am not speaking of God when I say me. I am speaking of you.