Why does god ask people to do daft things?

If that be so the Torah was an obvious lie for it said who so ever comes and changes a single word or law is a flase prophet and should be killed.

They don’t believe in the New Testament so they still go by the Old Laws. They are still waiting for the Messiah. It is good to know about them, but we are not still under the law. Actually Gentiles were never under the law only Jews.

Jesus is the one who changed the the law.

• Christ changed the law

on what grounds? with what authority? why?
and what good did it do?
as far as i can see, christianity has brought far more suffer than anything else…

willem

If you don’t believe in the Bible, why do you care what people of the Bible believe? If you are confident with your own truth, why seek further?

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

No man may change the law. And if god would choose to do so he would do it the same way he gave the law. He did not give the law through Moses but through national revelation, therefore the only valid and logical way for god to come and change the law would be to do it the same exact way through national revelation, not through a single man, Jesus; who by according to the law itself should be treated as a flase prophet.

And if you study your gospels a bit more closely you’ll see that the original followers of Jesus actualy held the law. It is when they seeked to convert gentiles that they came into conflict amongs themselves about keeping the law, mainly of circumsition.

oi, we’re havin a converstation lass… :wink: don’t worry, i’m quite confident that the scientific views approach reality best…

God’s reality or satan’s reality?

In all of your life’s years, what is reality for you?

Jesus was God! Jewish religion and Gentile religion cannot be combined.
Yes, the servants of God in the Old Testament upheld the laws. And there were many many prophets sent forth by God to testify of the coming of the Messiah. But when the Messiah finally showed up the Jews rejected him and sent him to the Romans who crucified him.

Now back in the day of Moses. Sin was forgiven by sacrifice. Burnt offerings, made to the Lord as an offering pleasing to the Lord. So Christ, the Messiah was the sacrifice for all of the sins all of the time for ever and ever. That is why there is no more sacrifice. Its been taken care of through Jesus.
Again, if you haven’t read the ENTIRE Bible, you won’t understand. Lack of Knowledge. I can discuss with you the Bible, if you knew the Bible. I don’t anything about Scientology so I cannot conduct a wise conversation with one who studies it. I can offer no valid questions for I have no understanding.

heather:

i’ve been reading the bible once… lol, because i was bored… they were just stories to me… no more
again i see no reason whatsoever to believe what it sais, as someone said before; you can’t claim the bible to be valuable on ground of the bible…

lol, so if all sin is already forgiven… does that mean we can sin as much as we like??

scientology is a secte, science is based on perception, the only clue we have about reality… the only reality that matters to us is the one we can percieve

greetz

willem

To answer your sin question, what I say is this, based on my own knowledge of Scripture:
Yes you can sin as much as you want, yet once one has received salvation through Christ, the desire to sin is greatly diminished. I am not saying people who are saved don’t sin. What I am saying based on my own conclusion, People who are saved have less desire to go out and fullfill the lusts of the flesh than those who are not saved. But when the lusts of the flesh are fed, yes, those sins are forgiven.

Have you seen the Passion of Christ?

This is precisly why I find christianity so childish if not ridiculous. No offense to anyone but that statement above is one dangerous and two unjust. Sin all you want for all your sins are washed away through Jesus. Indeed…

I love this scene in a movie where a homosexual Jew comes to a rabbi and starts confessing his transgressions to him. The rabbi stops him and says "Vat are you doing do I look like a priest to you? Christians believe in forgiveness, Jews believe in guilt. :wink:

Maybe you should be Jewish.
My family is Jewish, but I was raised Christian. There is a thing called Messianic Jews, maybe that’s up your alley. God bless, with love
Heather

Taken out of context it would seem childish, but if you had left it alone in the paragraph, it fits. I was re-stating your question to give you an answer. Do I think Christians sin all they want? Of course not! Nobody I know goes around sinning just because they have received salvation. I said once one is saved and has received salvation the desire to sin is minimal. Yet, when one does, one is forgiven through death,burial and ressurection of Christ. Jews who don’t believe in Christ, most definately will enforce the laws for they believe the Messiah has yet to come to redeem them and set up his kingdom. But even Jews believe from study in the Torah that there will be a Messiah to redeem them. So Christianity and Judaism agree on something. There is a Messiah that will save. The difference is it has already happened and many Jews have missed him. That’s where the Messianic Jew appears. Jews who have accepted Jesus. Although they also believe in the old law while also accepting the new. Its the best of both worlds.

My friend I am Jewish… you don’t need to teach me about religion I almost became fully observant…

Messiah

Messiah; Way; Christ; God; Anointed One; etc., these are tropes for inner states of understanding and enlightenment.

Waiting for the Messiah to come? You might as well wait for Samuel Beckett’s, “Godot!”

The only coming of the messiah will be into the personal private inner subjective world each of us inhabits.

He’ll never appear in the, “real,” world; never in any external earthly realm. If you want the messiah to come, be pro-active and look for him within your own self. There you will find him, (waiting to be invited in,) and there alone.

or… Jezus was just a good guy who cared for people… the blown-up stories came afterwards…

In the final analysis there’s only one good guy who gives a fuck about me and that’s me!

That’s what morality is: me, giving a shit about myself, i.e., self-respect!

God’s prohibition of pork:
Was for the nation of Israel as He was forming it to become a strong and healthy nation through which the Messiah would be born.

Has the following possible implications for protecting health:
Prevention of certain parasitic infestations.
Prevention of food poisoning.

Raccoons, skunks, foxes, pigs are all mammals which spend alot of time rooting around in or eating things in the soil. Soil contains myriad microorganisms and parasites and their eggs. Eat raccoons and you can get a fatal brain disease. Rabies is endemic in foxes and skunks in large parts of the world. Bats are animals, they eat huge quantities of insects, which were usually borne out of the soil, and bats can carry rabies. Armadilloes aren’t mammals if I remember right, but they root in the soil all their lives and can give you leprosy.

Also, there is now known to be a pathway between waterfowl, domesticated waterfowl, and pigs and people, which leads to new virus varieties all the time. In rural areas of China, people live in close proximity to their animals. Wild waterfowl mucking around in the marshes of the world, pick up viruses which they carry and spread to ducks and geese on farms. The viruses mutate in the farmers waterfowl into varieties which pigs are suspectible to. Then the viruses may mutate in the pigs into varieties which can affect humans. So, we end up with new flus often originating in rural densely popullated areas of China. Perhaps God wanted to prevent similar things in ancient Israel.

Besides the disease prevention aspect, there is another which is likely and I’ve never heard anyone mention.

Pigs are reportedly quite similar to people in physiology and biochemistry.

Now, most people don’t like the idea of eating pigs which have been pumped full of growth hormones at the feed lot. There are alot of people today afraid of the phthalate plasticizer chemicals in plastics, like in food packaging materials. And, not to mention, all the other estrogen-mimicker chemicals in the world.

But, correct me if you’re an expert and I’m wrong, if you eat pig meat, you’re also going to ingest pig sex hormones.

And unless the cooking or digestive process destroys the hormones, eating pig meat (more than any other meat because of the physiological similarities aspect) is going to give you pig hormones.

Just as the Roman Empire was affected by lead in cooking and wine vessels, causing brain damage and aberrant behavior, so too, today, unless it just isn’t possible physiologically, perhaps Western civilization is being affected by an unrecognized problem of hormones in meat. Maybe today’s sexual morality breakdown is partly due to what we are eating, stimulating and altering sexuality more than is supposed to be. We eat alot of meat, too, not just pork, which besides having natural hormones is likely to have artificial hormone residues.

And, we think we are so wise, don’t we? What about the effects of pig hormones on unborn babies, especially in the tiniest stages at and just after conception? Could this be a cause of sexual identity and birth defect problems? Maybe God knows alot more than we think He does?! Assuredly He does!

According to Genesis, God designed the herbs of the field [probably including vegetables], the fruits of the trees, and the seeds of the fruits therein as food. The vegetarians are right in their path, mostly.

Before the Biblical flood, too, trees probably bore much larger fruit, with much higher trace mineral content as well as the major nutrients like protein, and vitamins. Experiments looking at CO2 content, oxygen content, complete ultraviolet shielding, as well as higher atmospheric pressure, and high levels of nutrients, and also high frequency sounds found in bird calls which stimulate plant stomata to open, have shown that much faster growth, larger and more nutrititious produce, are possible.

Probably, there were types which are no longer present today, nor preserved in the flood record.

It was only after the Flood, that God okayed the eating of animals, probably because in the post-Flood hydrologic system trace minerals would be getting scarce in many soils around the world, as rain began leaching them from the soils which developed after the Flood and a period of climatologic and tectonic re-adjustment. Many types of animals concentrate trace minerals in otherwise trace mineral deficient areas, in their organs and tissues. In some parts of the world, the only way you are going to get trace minerals is with very careful agriculture or by including animals in your diet, because the high rainfall over the millenia has leached the trace minerals to the point only the organic matter in the top several inches of the soil contains any.

For several years I have read books from the creation point of view, and I have heard people speak on the subject. I have come to believe the Bible fully, and not to doubt it, because their is always a good, reasonable answer for any question I can ask. I believe that for every one of those odd-sounding ordinances which the Israelites received, there is a good reason behind it.

And behind the good reason is not some cosmic kill-joy, but rather, a very humble, extremely caring and loving Creator God, who has nothing but each person’s best interests in mind when He provides guidance.

Great post! I loved it.