How to see God & talk to him everyday

In The Name of Allah The Most Benificient The Most Merciful

To hurry to judge and pause for a second and think!

How to see God (Allah): Just look around you and absorve everthing from the skies to yourself, the more you looked to nature the more the picture will emerge clear: There is Allah and he is beautiful!

If I told you one day that I had to go to a meeting one day, and I was on one side of a river,then suddenly some trees cut themselves and been made to a boat with perfection , so I ttoked to cross the river will you believe me!!!

All this universe with it’s complexity is not an act of accident or chance or evolution (you don’t see fish give birth to a bird …etc ) .

How to talk to God (Allah): as a muslim it’s easy because we perform prayer five times a day and read verses of the holy quran (which is the true words of the mighty creator Allah) , if you know Arabic and read the holy quran you will know that , they words of Allah always in a way that he is talking to us , even the act of reading it is a communication method to connect to Allah.

I usually try to take the opinions of others seriously, so, forgive me…

I don’t speak Arabic, can I have Cat Stevens as my translator?
No, seriously, why do have to keep trying to convert everyone? I can understand you arguing for Islam, but isn’t attempting to convert people a little extreme?

I totally agree - it’s fair enough for people to have their own religion and believe that they are having religious experiences, but trying to convert people does seem pretty extreme.

However, on the point of religious experiences, have any of you guys actually had any?

mm I dunno but i do find it odd that everytime I seeked for some awnser generally on moral questions I somehow always found the awnser in some book. I’m talking of just walking through a library or bookstore and bam the awnser and things are clear to me make sense i always found this quite odd. It just the timing of it was incredible. Now yes I do believe you find what your looking for but still its very strange.

Now another time I had a huge fight with my mom and lets say a near breakdown, I was seriously thinking of sucide, that same night my aunt had a dream of me killing myself and she called me the next morning not to do anything and to see if I was allright. Talk about freaky…

And everytime I try and step away from my beliefs of god and religion (judaism) I get freakin wierd stuff happen all the time.
For example my friend gave me directions to get home from his house to mine on a ripped piece of paper and on the other side I find 2 words vertically

Jew
Fact

Now thats just tormenting me. the words came from some advertisment and should have been Jewlery Factory however it was perfectly ripped and only those two words appeared, I’m not saying this is an example of god but it is surly some phycic or paranormal incident.

And one final thing. My father died when I was 11 and when i was 16 I was really thinking of him durring one day and my main questions were how he could have left me, abandon me ect. To my bewilderment I found a poem that day written by him in which was said how much he loved me and his family and how dear we were to him.

Fair enough, I understand that these experiences must be really important to you and as part of your life.
Forgive me for being sceptical, but from the reading i have done on this subject, most religious experiences seem to be pure coincidence or indeed someone reading far too much into a simply normal experience. Furthermore, there are various cases where people are somewhat ‘crazy’ and believe that they are Jesus etc. One question which interests me is when one can/should allow a certain experience to be a valid ‘religious’ experience? Purely due to the fact one guy thinks he is Jesus, does this mean we should believe him?
I reckon relgious experiences are very personal thing. I myself have not had one, and probably wouldnt classify anything as a ‘religious experience’ unless God himself stood infront of me and did loads of crazy things!

But if your being rational how would you know it is god who stood infront of you and did lots of crazy things and simply not that you are crazy or hallucinating?

I mean if your purley skeptical about everything, doubt everything and say for arguments sake god did exist and preformed mircales before your eyes you would either A. be blind to them or B. Doubt your own sanity, right?

Fair point. I reckon if God were real and were to stand infront of me, I’d hope that he was powerful enough to make me believe in him. But who knows!
On another point, scepticism sucks! For all we know we could be in a dream or controlled by an evil scientist and indeed be merely brains-in-vats. I apologise for using the term ‘scepticism’ wrongly in my previous post, as I meant it in the more ‘conversational/layman’s use’ of the word.

I am new to this forum, not particually intellectual, not too good at English or maths or anything, but… without meaning to sound big headed… I think I have brilliant ideas on things! Everything kind of makes sense to me which is why I decided to join this community to hopefully chip in with some comments which might inspire a few people to take their thinking to the next level :slight_smile: anyway, I am writing this in answer to the question " on the point of religious experiences, have any of you guys actually had any?" Well, my answer is that I have loads and loads of the things! They are what triggers my thinking about lots of stuff and it is the experiences that brings everything into a kind of “sense” for me. If anybody cares to read about some of the cool stuff that has happened to me then goto: trans4mind.com/awakening/ that’s just one experience, where I sort of merged with my truest being, some could call it an enlightenment experience, possibily, although it don’t matter what you call it, it happened!. Anyway, I’ve got loads of really cool stories about the experiences I’ve had (all true) and feel free to email me if you want to know about any of them.

Sorry there wasn’t any real point to this exept that, Yes, I have experiences and they have helped shape me into the balanced, clear thinking person I am today. Unless maybe I am just deluded :wink:

Cheers
DALE

Yeah,

and Paul had visions on the road to Damascus

and there’s leprachauns at the end of my garden

and a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

well! what do you expect?

First, on the question of religious experiences, yeah, recently I’ve had a real big one:

New Year’s Eve - fifth of Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum, empty in 45 minutes (all me) – and I’m alive today.

I now have the distinct impression that every time I drink, the next day I'm presented with someone in a more dire situation than mine asking me for help - a mom and daughter ran out of gas and i pushed thier car to a am/pm; another time an elderly lady asked for money for the bus, so I gave her $5. I personally feel that I got a semi-agreement with God that states:
  1. If I help others while I’m hungover (or in general)

2. The worst things that can happen while I’m drinking,
    won’t happen, just as long as I don’t push my luck.

As to whether or not you can consider something a ‘religious experience’ or pass it off as mere coincidence, here’s one explanation that makes sense to me (probably because I made it up :smiley: ):

If you’ll allow me a few premisses:

1. There is a God in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic sense AND

2. Said God is omniscient (knows everything, understands it all too) AND

3. Said God is omnipotent (wants something done, then it’s getting DONE).

So here’s God, being that he/she is omnipotent, that means that she’s not being constrained by anything, she’s got the remote control. Control includes the concept of time (you, for example, can’t go back fifteen minutes ago and get something different for dinner, you’re stuck with what you ate). So as far as interacting with humans who are in this time paradigm, she can view our lives almost like a tapestry, seeing the past, present and future all at once, interacting with all of them (for the sake of ‘free choice’ the future is the unwoven part, that can be woven any which way, but she can see the infinite possibilites -omniscient, remember-)
    So God’s checking out the human drama, seeing what’s going on, and she just so happens to notice that regardless of the different choices that the people can and will make, a certain building is going to errupt in flames in a week because of a multitude of variables, and that when this happens every situation that can happen has people in there and those people are going to die. God sort of planned on them staying alive a little while longer, hell maybe one of those people has the possibility in the future to cure some disease or make better tasting airline food. “Well, that’s no good” God says, so she reviews the history of the universe as it is, does a few computations, carries the nine, goes BACK to the beginnning of it all, delicatly grabs hold of a single thread, and YANK! pulls that sucker out of existance.
    The effects of such an action could be catastrophic, causing the sky to be green, man to die out in the late BC’s, and panthers’ developing human-like speech, but actually not a whole lot happens because, let’s review- God is omniscient (know’s what’s going to happen when she does this) and omnipotent(makes sure her action only affects what she wants it to effect). So, what happens?
    Turns out that pulling that thread only changed the weather pattern on Earth by very very small smidge and not much is noticable in the way of changes to human history, but now on that dreaded day of the building being burned, the town that it is in is experiencing percipitaion, and when that fateful day comes to pass, the rain keeps the fire under control until the local FD shows up, saves everyone, and hosts a big party where many a brew are drunk, and everyone is happy.
    So now we look at what the people involved thought about what happened. Some considered it a true act of God, a miracle of the first order; others saw it as merely coincidence, anyone could have told you that it was going to rain that day, you could see it in the weather forecasts up to a week prior, it was “just coincidence and luck that the fire happened during the rainstorm.” Science explained it, so it’s not a miracle.

…Science explained it, so it’s not a miracle.

Wait. If God is all powerful, and all knowing, what exactly stops her from being able to not only perform a great miracle affecting the lives of humans, but also making it follow all of the laws of science and physics? If something did stop her, then she wouldn’t be all-powerful would she, and if she couldn’t think of a way to do it, she wouldn’t be all-knowing either…

But why would she do it that way? Might be because she wants to inspire faith- you know "believing something when you don't really have a reason to believe it." If God just showed up and had the angels fly everyone out of the burning building, then eveyrone would have proof that there is a God, and that she cares about what's happening to us on Earth, hereby sort of putting an end to this debate about the existance of God, which she may just find very entertaining, so she does it her way, letting people still have the choice of believing in God or not, because she never gets tired of that look atheists get on thier faces when St. Peter calls out "NEXT!"

However, this story is just a logical possibility, could happen, probably doesn’t and oh do you remember the premiss stuff?..

Now if you
A) Do not assume/presume that there is a God in the Judeo-Christian-Islamice sence AND/OR
B)Do not assume/presume that Said God is omniscient AND/OR
C)Do not assume/presume that Said God is omnipotent
THEN:
D)This dog don’t hunt.-

It was coincidence that the building burst aflame on the same day that the rain happened to come down, most likely it wasn't a 'religious experience' and as to whether a god exists, this has not much to do with that thought.
 For me though, I believe pretty much in the basic premisses 1, 2, and 3, so I say, to myself mostly, that if it has a scientific explaination, then it was God interveneing, because she may have changed a few things to make things go the way they did and she also is  the one who set down all those rules and laws and whatnot that allowed whatever happened to happen. 

So, believe what you will and in the words of Oscar Wilde,
“Every man should believe in something, and I believe I’ll have another beer.”

Fantastic post Desertice! I was then going to post a message saying the same kind of thing (but not so humorous!) but I don’t have too now as you’ve covered my thoughts very well.

It’s like the film K-Pax. You can choose to believe he was an alien, or not. Any argument is completely pointless (and killing each other over it is just pure crazy!!) The point is YOU CHOOSE. It’s up to every individual to make his own CHOICE.

more to come later…
DALE

Just to add …

Science dont explain coincidence. At best it can tell you the probability of that event and it can be very improbable, although it happened.

Science explain the mechanics that goes on in the event, such as the unseen cause and effect chain, and such as how the weather changed and the rain fell, but does not say why the fire happens there and then.

Coincidence is just the same as calling ignorance, or the god-of-the-gap, by another name.

But I disagree it is a question of your personal choice. You choose to believe because it is true and not because your choice made it true. You can choose to believe anything, eg that you can fly but you will never.

In this instance of the coincident event the “choice” - conscious or otherwise - is that of the perspective you used to see the situation, namely whether there is God or its just science and chance. Now whether there is God or not is to be established elsewhere and not in that situation itself. There you just see what you are conditioned to see by your perspective which in turn are shaped by your presuppositions, again conscious or otherwise, deliberate or not.

And I agree to the implication that you can never know the truth from what you see. And so seeing is NOT believing, but rather it believing that is seeing.

What is to say i see things clearer than you and see things different to you, my picture is nothing like yours.

I am sure a persons “wisdom” would be reflected in the way that person acted in their daily lives. It would be reflected in the choices that person made, how they live, what they say, how they act, how they treated others.

I believe that if somebody is “seeing clearly” and acting clearly, then a world filled with people sharing that same perspective would be a great place to live! With lots of loving going on, no wars, etc.

If two people had experiences where they spoke with “God” and the two experiences were different, my bets on which one has the “clearer” understanding would be on the person that treated the other person the nicest!

Simple :wink:

DALE

Why do you assossiate seeing clearly with seeing god ?

I think we are talking about clarity in the “seeing God as truly and undistorted as possible” sense , simply because we are in a topic regarding God, started by somebody who has a very … erm… interesting opinion on the matter - and who would probably proclaim that his opinion is the most clear that there could possibly be.

DALE